1919, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 1919, Inc..

Interview Details – I received a call from HR to schedule an interview in Rockville. The 2nd interview involves shadowing a leader in the field for the full day. The final interview is at the end of the day that you shadowed a leader.

Interview Question – N/a. They are mainly just seeing if you have the potential to grow within the company. They also want to see if you give consistent responses throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources/Recruiter Interview

Human Resources/Recruiter
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 1919, Inc. in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted on a Friday for a Monday interview in Rockville, MD. I commuted from North Carolina for the two day interview process. It was a standard interview with two other candidates called in to interview for the same position. The president of the company conducted the interview and was very pleasant.

Interview Question – There were no shockers. Mainly questions such as, "Given these expectations do you think you can meet and exceed them?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was told over the phone before the interview to expect anywhere from $32-40 thousand a year and when I was offered the job it was a base pay of $24 thousand with bonuses. My bills are guaranteed so I want a job where my pay is guaranteed as well.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 1919, Inc. in January 2012.

Interview Details – They quickly got back to me but overall the whole experience was very negative. The first interview was 15 minutes long with the manager who had the manner of an used car salesman. They quickly contacted me for the second interview, which was really following his salesman go door to door and make pitches, selling Comcast cable.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – When they talk about creative marketing, they mean door to door. The pay isn't even competitive. They were persistent in trying to get me to join their team by calling several times a day but I was forced to change my phone number because they didn't understand why, a college graduate, wouldn't want to work for them.

Worked for 1919, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!