1NW Contact

Relevance Date Difficulty

Telemarkert Work At Home Interview

Telemarkert Work At Home
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 1NW Contact in November 2011.

Interview Details – Process consisted of personality questions, typing, computer system / Internet connection, voice recording tests with a good quality USB headset & noise reduction mic. 6 hr training not paid. Wait of 18 days for 1st check which is for 2 days for that1st pay period. Weekly thereafter.

Interview Question – The questions were general and consisted on how you would respond in various situations.
Example: " While on a customer call, the customer is irate and is rude to you. Do you tell the customer to call back some other time when he composes himself or would you try to calm the customer and re focus on how to solve the issue"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO. **** SEE UPDATE BELOW****You are sent an e mail which describes the 18 day wait for your 1st check which will be for 2 days work in that initial week of employment which runs from Sunday to Saturday. All checks are said to be mailed weekly thereafter.
I asked for an Independent Contractors agreement to be mutually signed, spelling out terms / conditions. I was told it would be send along with the W9 the day before training. I was sent an e mail of the Project Manager's name and was told not to request the paperwork from him or to make further requests from the manager for the paperwork? Bottom line is if I don't get the contract spelling out terms as discussed in the phone interview and from the informal e mail then I won't be attending the training. The e mail stated If you can't make the training or if you can't commit to work the 2 wks following the training, while you are waiting for your 1st 2 day check, then they will not continue with you. You must be reliable. I am a bit concerned as former employees reported on other did not give this company a good review with regards to prompt payment and some reviews said they were never paid after waiting 5 to 8 weeks or longer ! So I will report an update here this time in Dec. 2011 on whether my experience is as favorable as the anonymous employee who posted previously here.. UPDATE: 12/15/2011
I DECLINED THE JOB! TO MANY AMBIGUITIES WITH THE CONTRACT. THE AMOUNT OF PAY AND WHEN YOU ARE PAID WAS NOT DEFINED. VAGUE OPEN ENDED CONTRACT THAT WAS NOT IN THE FAVOR OF WORKER. AFTER READING OTHER REPORTS ON LINE FROM OTHER SITES I DECLINED. THEY WOULD NOT CLEAN UP THE CONTRACT AND BE SPECIFIC ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS. HOW MUCH AND WHEN YOU GET PAID. KEEP AN EYE ON THIS COMPANY.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 1NW Contact? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1NW Contact Telemarkert Work At Home interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by 1NW Contact employees and interview candidates.