21st Mortgage Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then got a Phone interview just a few days later and then face to face interview with Gene a few days after that...then lunch interview at Chesapeakes if you're lucky with upper management and hopefully a job offer will follow several days later at which time you may accept or decline. Overall, not too bad.

Interview Questions

• What was favorite/least favorite thing about former job   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Professional but rather casual conversation. Company only hires from within, and every starts at the entry level position. Over the first 6 months to 1 year you are able to get an idea of what other areas of the company you may be interested in. Required to be in current position for six months before moving to new position. Software side of the firm has more autonomy than the rest of the firm. Managers let you do your work rather than mirco-managing you like other areas of the business. Be yourself, bring energy to the table. Be excited to leave your base position - because you most certainly will be.

Interview Questions

• What aspects will you bring to this job to ensure success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Company is not willing to pay decent money for good employees, instead, they'll just continue to deal with high turnover.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview at first. Received a call the next day about a position opening. Was interviewed two days later. It was pretty simple, lasted about twenty minutes. The lady didn't have many questions and wasn't exactly receptive to discussion, so it was kind of short for that reason. Basically, it was an easy going interview, and I felt comfortable but not as though we were really connecting.

Interview Questions

• Discussed how I found the company, myself, and my aspirations basically.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview

The process was very smooth and brief. The hiring manager asked questions about my work history and if I felt comfortable with working in addition to being in school. We also discussed the company;s history and its goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use you had to use your customer service skills to satisfy an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview

Terrible interview process. The interviewer was reading off of a scrip and sounded like she was filling in a form. They had no interest in knowing anything aside from their set of questions and did not allow any explanation of the answers you gave. It was simply dismissed if you tried to elaborate.

Interview Questions

• How will you help further 21st Mortgage after you complete an internship with us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

You will likely apply online or in person at a Job Fair. Then the interview process begins. First is a short phone interview, next an interview at the office with Gene Crabtree/Shaun Brophy (who, for those of you who found out about 21st or applied at a Job Fair have likely already met), finally there is a lunch interview with Management and VP. If you are lucky, you get a call following the lunch interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Who, in your opinion, was your best manager? What made them the best? Who, in your opinion, was your least effective manager? Why?   Answer Question

Phone Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview

Online interest application, phone interview, in person interview with HR, meet manager of department pertaining to position. receive call back within 2 weeks.

Financial Counselor Interview

Application

I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

3 step process: 1st phone interview, basic questions on background and education and job expectations 2nd interview with HR, basic questions and then discussion left open for questions 3rd Interview with VP or management at lunch, chance to learn more about the actual job and find out what its like from another perspective

Interview Questions

• What skills from your last job were the most important and how will they apply to this job?   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR, Face-to-Face Interview with HR, Lunch Interview with future supervisors

Interview Questions

• What do we do here at 21st?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. I did an application online and was contacted by phone within an hour. I had my interview in the same week and was offered the job. The interview was not a normal one. The manager used the time to brag on the success of the company. He only asked about positions I have had in customer service. He asked nothing about experiences or skills. He offered me the job I filled out paper work and the training began the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation. $10 is the base pay. Take it.