21st Mortgage Corporation

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview Details – You will likely apply online or in person at a Job Fair. Then the interview process begins. First is a short phone interview, next an interview at the office with Gene Crabtree/Shaun Brophy (who, for those of you who found out about 21st or applied at a Job Fair have likely already met), finally there is a lunch interview with Management and VP. If you are lucky, you get a call following the lunch interview with a job offer.

Interview Question – Who, in your opinion, was your best manager? What made them the best? Who, in your opinion, was your least effective manager? Why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals.   Answer Question

Phone Auditor Interview

Phone Auditor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview Details – Online interest application, phone interview, in person interview with HR, meet manager of department pertaining to position. receive call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Interview questions were fairly generic.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Counselor

I applied online and interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR, Face-to-Face Interview with HR, Lunch Interview with future supervisors

Interview Question – What do we do here at 21st?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Financial Counselor

Interview Details – Submitted an online application, they called a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they immediately set up an face to face interview the next week.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite thing about your last/current job?   Answer Question

Unsure Applied for Human Resources and Was Asked to Consider FC Interview

Unsure Applied for Human Resources and Was Asked to Consider FC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview and in person interview

Interview Question – What was the best job you had?   View Answer

Knoxville, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received phone call, set up phone interview, asked to come in for personal interview, asked to come back again.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite place of employment?   View Answer
  • What was the most rewarding/difficult thing about your favorite place of employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – A more appealing offer arose

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was short about 10-15 minutes and consisted of general questions. The main questions were about education history, including gpa. The other questions were about employment history, what customer service meants to you, and what makes you interested in the job.

The in person interview was conducted by the head of human resources. This interview did not go as well. It was set up as a sort of stress test with a broad question about something random I can't remember. It was a sort of open ended question, but the interview kept interupting and injecting his own thoughts. It seemed like he was gauging how you reacted to being interupted and disrespected to a degree. If you have an interview here be prepared for this and be pleasant and it should go well.

Interview Question – I can't remember exactly, but it was something about Warren
Buffet's philosophy and describing your philosophy on work.
  Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company and set up a phone interview. They then said I would be contacted for a face-to-face interview in the office if they felt I was a candidate, but when I got to that interview, it was mostly a company overview, and I was not asked very many questions but was told that I would be either contacted for another interview or not. Overall, I felt that it went well, but I was ultimately not contacted for the final interview. I feel that in order to get past the first face-to-face interview, someone would need more experience than I have as a college student in order to impress them rather than what you say in this first interview.

Interview Question – Basically discussed the company and didn't ask very much.   Answer Question

Great Work Environment for Those Who Want to Work Hard and Are Goal Oriented Interview

Great Work Environment for Those Who Want to Work Hard and Are Goal Oriented

Interviewed at 21st Mortgage Corporation

Interview Details – 3 interviews
1-phone
2-HR
3-Chesapeake's with VP and upper management

Interview Question – What would you do differently at your prior place of employment if you were running the place?   Answer Question

Worked for 21st Mortgage Corporation? Contribute to the Community!