22squared Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 22squared.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 10-15 minutes long. Make sure to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why did you major in your major? What interests you in media and 22sqaured? Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume. Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The application process was fairly simple compared to other agency internship applications. Fill out a portal application and specify the top 3 departments you'd be interested in interning in. After a few weeks, HR will reach out if you've made it to the next round, extending an invitation to the open house they host in the Atlanta office. If you're unable to attend, you're not completely out of the running I believe but they strongly consider those that do attend. Great way to interact with the different department mentors. After open house they'll let you know if you've made it through to set up and interview. I interviewed with who would be my mentor and another person on our team. Interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Overall it was very conversational. There wasn't too much back and forth of question, answer, question, answer. I'm not sure if it's always this way, but there was a very natural conversation going on. I know it's probably not helpful, but there weren't any questions that stood out significantly to where I was taken aback.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 22squared.

Interview

The hiring process for interns at 22squared is very thorough – in order to get called back for an in-person, one-on-one interview, you must make an impression with management at their 'Route 22' orientation, which is very fun! I got called back for my in-person interview roughly two weeks after Route 22, which was then scheduled two weeks out from that date. The in-person interview was fairly informal and was held with my would-be supervisor. I was asked about my experience relating to the position I was most interested in, my accomplishments on-campus, overarching career goals, etc. The only drawback to the interview was that it felt a tad rushed – there were at least 3-4 other intern hopefuls waiting in the reception area with me, which was a little uncomfortable. However, it was an overall enjoyable experience. I received an offer three weeks after my interview date, and had to decline due to accepting an offer from a different agency who was quicker to hire on. My only advice to 22squared would be to consider the timing that many students face when offering internships – in order for me to receive college credit for my internship, my school needed a documented offer by April 30, but didn't hear back from 22 until early May.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; they were very straightforward and to the book while pertaining to the position I was vying for.   Answer Question

I had to decline due to accepting an offer with a different agency, but if I could go back and do it again I would've retracted and accepted 22squared's offer – great company with an amazing culture!

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Fairly quick interview process - just met with a few from the department. They were looking to hire quickly.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions as it was an entry-level position. There was a question about which 22squared account specifically I'd like to work on, but in general the interviewee should know the company background enough to answer that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate but in my experience with the company I would say there is very little room for that.

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I met through a mutual connection. It was a couple of weeks of emails until I came in for my interview. I met with the creative team and had 1 on 1 interviews with every one of them. Was offered the job weeks later.

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 22squared.

Interview

we did interview via skype. it was okay. They're pretty nice and ask couple question about the media planing.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had phone interview with HR who then brought me in to meet with the greater team. I met with the account team I would be working with as well as the directors over the account. Easy interview, typical interview questions. Everyone was really nice and you could tell that they enjoyed their jobs.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a fairly quick process. I was brought in to the office to interview with a couple of people from the social team the first time. The second time I was given an assignment.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what pokemon I would be and that threw me off guard.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 22squared (Tampa, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position I found on Craigslist. The company seems to have a fun culture and everyone I spoke with seemed easy going. The process included a 1:1 interview with the person I would report to, about 5 short 1:1 interviews with various department heads I would support, and finally a video conference interview with a senior manager. They seemed very interested in determining if I was a good fit for their culture. Personal capability was important, but I wasn't grilled.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an unreasonable or extremely unhappy person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was somewhat low for the position, but the benefits help to bridge the gap.

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 22squared (Atlanta, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

I initially came in as a contractor to help on a project. The team was friendly and helpful and I pretty much continually bugged them until they hired me on full time. So my interview process was essentially working there for a few months.