23andMe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 23andMe in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had a terrible experience with this company.
After initial phone interview with a hiring manager I came to the company's office in Mountain View for a face to face interview. I had to take a time off at my work to be able to make it.
The interviewers were not there, HR people were not there, I waited for almost an hour in the empty conference room and then I just left. Apparently, the place is extremely disorganized. Got email from HR with apologies and request for reschedule, but decided not to proceed.

Interview Question – tell me about your experience   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 23andMe in September 2009.

Interview Details – A couple of phone interviews first, and then they flew me in for an interview. I got interview by 8 people, all different levels of the team. 2 of them were developers. some were PMs, others designer and last one was with a VP. Developers asked some coding questions, general conceptual questions... designers gave me scenarios. Nice people.

Interview Question – How would you design a spice rack for the blind.   Answer Question

Product Writer Interview

Product Writer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at 23andMe in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company's recruiter via e-mail asking if I'd like to speak to her on the phone the following week. She gave a specific day and asked for times. I then responded with specific times but didn't hear back from her, which led me to e-mail her again. Finally, we arranged to do a phone interview and I thought it went well, but then I never received a callback for an in-person interview. Even after following up, I never received a response.

Interview Question – Describe your experiences condensing a difficult concept into simple, short copy.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 23andMe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 23andMe interview questions and advice in Mountain View, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by 23andMe employees and interview candidates.