24 Hour Fitness Fitness Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Murphy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Murphy, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

24 Hour Fitness posted manager positions in two local clubs, Allen and Murphy, Texas. Being that I live in the area and exceeded all the qualifications, I applied. I was called in (2-3 wks later) for an interview with the regional managers (Colt and Kevin). We had a good interview and they said they would definitely be in contact. The following week, I was invited for a second interview by a local Fitness Manager (Brad). Brad also enjoyed my interview so I was referred for a 3rd interview with Brad's boss, Zach. After 3 interviews and 3 weeks, Brad and Zach informed me there were really never management positions open. This was a way for them to pull talent in for lower positions, with the potential of moving up. The management jobs that I interviewed 3 times for did not ever exist, literally. I professionally rejected their offer for the lower paying position. A few months later, I get a call from a recruiting manager from 24 Hour Fitness again, stating they definitely have manager positions available and would love it if I came in again. So I came in for my 4th interview with the company. It has been 10 days and I still have not heard back. This entire process has been disappointing and an extremely unprofessional way to handle your candidates. 24 Hour Fitness HR should be ashamed! I am dropping my own membership there and will be glad to share my experiences with everyone in the fitness industry here in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for a position much lower then you applied for, with less pay, then maybe work up to the one you actually applied for?   1 Answer

They offered me a much lower position because the one they posted was never really open.

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Fitness Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 24 Hour Fitness and Had 2 interviews that were fairly straight forward, first was with the area manager and then the second was with the general manager and service manager of the gym.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (La Jolla, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Nice crew but company turns and burns employees; room to move up only if you are willing to work hours off the clock. The company may definitely change once NIKE hopefully purchases them and branding/revenue will go up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, salary is set with sales comm

Fitness Manager Interview

Interview

We will usually interview 3-6 personal training candidates for each opening. Starts with an interview with the Fitness Manager, then if selected, a 2nd interview with Club Manager. You may have an "audition" for either manager to show how you train.

Negotiation