24 Hour Fitness Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pleasant at first, but after the second interview I got the run around. For two and a half months I could not get a follow up on this. I would call weekly to speak to the front desk manager and she was always not available, when I would get her she would say she was busy and get back to me later. I was even called for a third interview(seriously? For a part time 10 dollar an hour job??) which they claimed was my second interview, they literally just asked "why should we hire you?". I eventually got an email from "automated manager" saying they went with someone else. Thanks for the professionalism 24, you didn't know how many times I interviewed, told they would look where to put me on the schedule, promised I would get called back, and strung me along for 2 months, then automated an email to me? I'm glad I don't work there! I can only imagine how bad things are run there if I worked there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then in person interview and then one last interview with hiring manager. Last interview with hiring manager made me wait over 30 minutes before seeing me. Then I was told that the pay was minimum wage and you dont make comission off of sales, but you get entered into a pizza party to win a membership for a family member.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think of people at the front desk when you walk in? How well are you at engaging people in conversation? How do you feel about reaching goals in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Interview

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Questions

• 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast. 2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2014.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early to my interview and was asked to sit down and wait. Then the manager took me to her office and sat me down, she basically read questions off of her sheet and filled in whatever I answered word by word. Pretty easy interview it took about 10 minutes. After she explained the pay rate, what 24hr fitness is all about, and asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation with a customer you have had and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Laguna Niguel, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After an initial inquiry about any openings and submission of job application, received a call to schedule an appointnent. The interview was between the general manager and a front desk associate who lead most of the questioning. It was very relaxed, we were in nice athletic clothes. The idea was are you responsible, willing to work and why do you want to work here. My answer to why was because fitness has become a part of my lifestyle and that's what I believed I could promote for others by working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Kent, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

There was a two step process

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the operations manager at the time only "could give" a certain dollar amount. I found out later that another new hire that was hired a few months later was given $0.50 / more per hour.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2008.

Interview

once you apply online you have to wait until the job actually calls you back. that process can take up to 2-3 days. then you schedule an interview with the service manager. you come in dressed and you sit down for a while before any body talks to you. My interview was mistakenly scheduled a different day then i wanted. I ended up talkin to the club manager and convincing him that i'm a good fit and i ended being employed the next day.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2008.

Interview

Interviewer will ask general customer service questions regarding how you would handle an angry customer and/or customer complaints. The interview will also contain questions regarding previous experience with angry customers and/or your worst customer service experience and how you handled the situation. If you catch the front desk when they're in desperate need of people they'll hire you almost on the spot. Employee retention is very very poor.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer service experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good employee for 24 Hour Fitness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless you set a demand and you have an exceeding amount of customer service experience, expect to be paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Didn't feel like they cared at all