24 Hour Fitness

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntington Beach, CA

Interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness

Interview Details – I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Question – What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Question – 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast.
2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Kent, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was a two step process

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the operations manager at the time only "could give" a certain dollar amount. I found out later that another new hire that was hired a few months later was given $0.50 / more per hour.

Front Desk Associate

I applied online - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2014.

Interview Details – Arrived 15 minutes early to my interview and was asked to sit down and wait. Then the manager took me to her office and sat me down, she basically read questions off of her sheet and filled in whatever I answered word by word. Pretty easy interview it took about 10 minutes. After she explained the pay rate, what 24hr fitness is all about, and asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation with a customer you have had and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2008.

Interview Details – Didn't feel like they cared at all

Interview Question – how can you make it a better place?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewer will ask general customer service questions regarding how you would handle an angry customer and/or customer complaints. The interview will also contain questions regarding previous experience with angry customers and/or your worst customer service experience and how you handled the situation. If you catch the front desk when they're in desperate need of people they'll hire you almost on the spot. Employee retention is very very poor.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer service experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you would be a good employee for 24 Hour Fitness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unless you set a demand and you have an exceeding amount of customer service experience, expect to be paid minimum wage.

Front Desk Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2008.

Interview Details – once you apply online you have to wait until the job actually calls you back. that process can take up to 2-3 days. then you schedule an interview with the service manager. you come in dressed and you sit down for a while before any body talks to you. My interview was mistakenly scheduled a different day then i wanted. I ended up talkin to the club manager and convincing him that i'm a good fit and i ended being employed the next day.

Interview Question – what's a negative trait about yourself?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2010.

Interview Details – The funniest thing is before I was hired and they called me to come in for an interview, I told them i was on my way in to work out. They loved that so I asked well if you guys can do my interview today, i can just do it before I work out. They agreed and even let me come in in my sweats...HOW COOL. Now, at the time i didnt think this was that crazy but now that I look back....who the hell lets a future employee come to an interview in sweats and a tank top?? I DID!!! the interview was a 2 on 1 interview (Service Manager + Assistant Service Manager) The main questions they asked were; Why did I feel like I was a good fit for the company, What did I enjoy doing in my spare time, how did I handle angry or excited guest that needed help and so on. My very best advice is to be honest and try to relate your personal experiences into how you could fit into the company. They arent asking you to be the most fit person out there but they want you to live the brand and use the very thing that you'll be helping other people with (which is the gym). If you have never worked out at they gym, how do you expect to relate to the members that are using the gym??

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I actually didnt have to negotiate because at the time of the interview, I was unemployed, I was available to work at any time and I was willing to take the $8.25 that I started at. I did however get a pay increase after being employed for 3 or so months...how much you ask? Well i dont remember exactly but maybe 10-15 cents give or take a few. Good Luck!

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!