24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

Club Manager Interview

Casual conversation that went for more than an hour with no real qualifying questions. Promised call back never happened. Interviewer avoided contact or conversation when seen in the club.

Assistant Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

I applied online and the following monday I showed up to the facility with my resume. I asked for the manager handed him my resume and I received a call within the next few hours. I interviewed with the club manager and my second interview was with the district manager. it helps if you know the "Road Map to Success" and they are interested in sales oriented people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked in star format (Situation, Task, Activity, Result.) They take notes on your answers.   View Answer
    $12 - $14 an hour depending on experience. They try not to want you to get paid the most and give an excuse of "usually active employees looking to promote get the highest rate because of their current knowledge of the company and its policies and mission." I was still able to get a good rate....I recommend you apply to a sport or supersport gym, active gyms are too slow.

Club Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

It was a typical phone interview. Nothing too complex. Your standard "Tell me about yourself" type of questions. I was also asked if I ever managed a fitness club before, what my strengths and weaknesses are...Pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. All of the questions I were asked were pretty standard for any interview   Answer Question

Personal Trainer I Interview

I was asked to lead the fitness manager through an initial session. I asked a lot of deep questions about motivation and goals. This was taken well. I led him through some NASM movement assessments.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a person that they can afford your services.   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murphy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murphy, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in September 2014.

24 Hour Fitness posted manager positions in two local clubs, Allen and Murphy, Texas. Being that I live in the area and exceeded all the qualifications, I applied. I was called in (2-3 wks later) for an interview with the regional managers (Colt and Kevin). We had a good interview and they said they would definitely be in contact. The following week, I was invited for a second interview by a local Fitness Manager (Brad). Brad also enjoyed my interview so I was referred for a 3rd interview with Brad's boss, Zach. After 3 interviews and 3 weeks, Brad and Zach informed me there were really never management positions open. This was a way for them to pull talent in for lower positions, with the potential of moving up. The management jobs that I interviewed 3 times for did not ever exist, literally. I professionally rejected their offer for the lower paying position. A few months later, I get a call from a recruiting manager from 24 Hour Fitness again, stating they definitely have manager positions available and would love it if I came in again. So I came in for my 4th interview with the company. It has been 10 days and I still have not heard back. This entire process has been disappointing and an extremely unprofessional way to handle your candidates. 24 Hour Fitness HR should be ashamed! I am dropping my own membership there and will be glad to share my experiences with everyone in the fitness industry here in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work for a position much lower then you applied for, with less pay, then maybe work up to the one you actually applied for?   View Answer

They offered me a much lower position because the one they posted was never really open.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in July 2014.

I applied online and I received a call to do an interview four days later.It was a pretty standard interview. I was interviewed by the assistant service manager. The questions were mainly scenario questions, be prepared with example of good and bad customer service experiences. As long as you have retail or customer service experience you should be fine.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in June 2014.

I put a application in on a Sunday , and recieved a call Tuesday morning for a interview on Thursday, once I confirmed the interview I bust into tears God is the best and he is always working even when you think he isn't . I arrived to interview 30 min early , the lady was very professional and seemed nice , she ask a lot of questions about what would do in different situations about 3 pages of question , I answerd all questions truthfully and accurate I also brought my resume and previous awards from my other job , I was her first interview and she had more to do on Monday and Tuesday , she would be given a call midweek about the postion , I'm just praying and keeping my fingers cross that I receive a offer and can grow with company ... God is always working.

Will find out soon

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

They contacted me for a job interview through email in a week time span. It was no longer than 20 mins.

Why 24 hour fitness?
    How many hours are you looking to work?

Interview Questions
    • Recall a more recent time where you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

Interviewed with 24 Hour Fitness and Had 2 interviews that were fairly straight forward, first was with the area manager and then the second was with the general manager and service manager of the gym.