24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.4

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (North Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Went in feeling very nervous. Had to sit in the lobby instead of a small office or waiting area. Was called on and had more than one person overseeing the interview process. It wasn't very friendly, but I could tell they do a lot of interviews. This is the type of job that uses a lot of nepotism.

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the Service Manager. She was full of life and the interview was a lot of fun. The interview questions were straight-forward (please see below). If you're bubbly, let your personality shine. Lastly, be honest about your answer. Have fun!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose 24 Hour Fitness? What makes you qualified for the position? How did you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple, sit-down interview. Short, sweet, and to the point. I filled out the application online, and the Service Representative Manager called me a few days later to schedule an interview. At the interview (which was one-on-one) he provided a detailed description of the job, which I greatly appreciated. What differentiated this interview from many I'd done in the past is that he did specifically ask me about my interests in fitness, which I felt was very important, as it would weed out those applicants who were simply looking for a job, versus those who have an active interest in a healthy lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle it? (Or something that effect; I don't remember specific wording.)   Answer Question

Service Representative Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Very easy interview. If you know them, they will probably hire you. It would be easier to get to know the front desk first. I knew the Club Manager, and she gave me the job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Bait and switch. They were not hiring for the job they advertised but a step lower. This is why they have the reputation they have for doing business. It's no wonder the sales tactics are so shady. I walked.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept a position lower than advertised bc there isn't an opening for the advertised position?   1 Answer

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2015.

Interview

Started with questions, "tell me about yourself?", etc. Discussed customer service skills, "what do you think a guest thinks when they walk into 24 Hour Fitness?" and did a demo of customer service skills. Role play a tour around 24 Hour Fitness and and tried to sell a membership to club manager and assistant membership manager. Asked for availability and briefly discussed hours. Haven't received a call for position.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Interviewed with Membership Manager, simple questions about fitness and lifestyle and sales experience. Talked about what the position was all about and if I fit the lifestyle of someone that they would like to have promoting their "health club"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

job offer, either you can accept or decline. no negotiation

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Applied to multiple locations through 24 Hour Fitness Website. Within a week or so got called by Fitness Manager for interview. Interviewed with Fitness Manager and Club Manager.

Interview Questions

• No questions were super hard. A lot about experiences in life where you helped teach something, working out issues with others, motivating others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but do have a pay scale depending on your certifications,education,etc. You can come in as a level 1-3.

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was fairly easy. My 1st interview was with the Sales lead, Nothing to hard. Mainly questions about why i wanna work there, time i handled a difficult customer, etc. Be sure to stress the fact about your selling skills from your previous job. Got called back for a 2nd interview with the main manager, He asked questions about my passion in life, My own personal fitness goals, and being coachable. As long as your positive, confident in what your saying, and have alot of energy (they love that) You should be alright

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to follow a certain procedure you didnt agree with   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm actually still waiting on my call back to see if i got the job or not. Wish me Luck!

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

I received a phone call about a week after I applied and asked to set up an interview appointment. I came in a few days later and was interviewed by both the hiring manager and another Kids Club attendant. They gave me a few scenarios (what would you do if _____ ) and pretty much stuck to their script.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time that you had to overcome a challenge; it was a bit out of line with the other questions they had asked so it threw me for a curveball.   Answer Question