24 Hour Fitness

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Bait and switch. They were not hiring for the job they advertised but a step lower. This is why they have the reputation they have for doing business. It's no wonder the sales tactics are so shady. I walked.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept a position lower than advertised bc there isn't an opening for the advertised position?   View Answer

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interviewed with Membership Manager, simple questions about fitness and lifestyle and sales experience. Talked about what the position was all about and if I fit the lifestyle of someone that they would like to have promoting their "health club"

Interview Questions
    job offer, either you can accept or decline. no negotiation

Personal Trainer Interview

Applied to multiple locations through 24 Hour Fitness Website. Within a week or so got called by Fitness Manager for interview. Interviewed with Fitness Manager and Club Manager.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were super hard. A lot about experiences in life where you helped teach something, working out issues with others, motivating others.   Answer Question
    No negotiations but do have a pay scale depending on your certifications,education,etc. You can come in as a level 1-3.

Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2015.

Interviewing was fairly easy. My 1st interview was with the Sales lead, Nothing to hard. Mainly questions about why i wanna work there, time i handled a difficult customer, etc. Be sure to stress the fact about your selling skills from your previous job. Got called back for a 2nd interview with the main manager, He asked questions about my passion in life, My own personal fitness goals, and being coachable. As long as your positive, confident in what your saying, and have alot of energy (they love that) You should be alright

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to follow a certain procedure you didnt agree with   Answer Question
    I'm actually still waiting on my call back to see if i got the job or not. Wish me Luck!

Kids Club Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

I received a phone call about a week after I applied and asked to set up an interview appointment. I came in a few days later and was interviewed by both the hiring manager and another Kids Club attendant. They gave me a few scenarios (what would you do if _____ ) and pretty much stuck to their script.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a time that you had to overcome a challenge; it was a bit out of line with the other questions they had asked so it threw me for a curveball.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

interview supper easy. Just had to talk about training and how I would help people in their sessions. How Training is able to benefit people at all levels of fitness. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I had to wait a couple of days for the second part. The second part consisted of basically the same as the first, except there was also a live demo session.All you have to do is come prepared with a few exercises done with correct technique and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What will your first month be here like?   View Answer
    time for onboarding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Fairly simple, 3 interview stages. Initial screening, in person, Interview with Gm. After I received a phone call, accepted the offer and that was it. They give you the breakdown of how much you will be paid (commission/base)

N/A

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Good. It wasn't hard at all, you just got to have sales experience. If you be yourself and are all about it, then you should have no problem. It doesn't take a rocket science to get hired here. There are no drug test as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied online any got a call back within 3 days. Conducted a phone interview asking questions about different scenarios regarding how I would handle a certain situation. Asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your duties during your previous job.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Club Manager Interview

Casual conversation that went for more than an hour with no real qualifying questions. Promised call back never happened. Interviewer avoided contact or conversation when seen in the club.