24 Hour Fitness

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.4

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in June 2014.

I put a application in on a Sunday , and recieved a call Tuesday morning for a interview on Thursday, once I confirmed the interview I bust into tears God is the best and he is always working even when you think he isn't . I arrived to interview 30 min early , the lady was very professional and seemed nice , she ask a lot of questions about what would do in different situations about 3 pages of question , I answerd all questions truthfully and accurate I also brought my resume and previous awards from my other job , I was her first interview and she had more to do on Monday and Tuesday , she would be given a call midweek about the postion , I'm just praying and keeping my fingers cross that I receive a offer and can grow with company ... God is always working.

Will find out soon

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in June 2014.

Interviews were easy, there are at least two before you get hired. VERY basic but the trick is to smile, have a lot of enthusiasm and be genuine/honest. That's all they want to see is a good personality and a strong work ethic.

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

They contacted me for a job interview through email in a week time span. It was no longer than 20 mins.

Why 24 hour fitness?
    How many hours are you looking to work?

Interview Questions
    • Recall a more recent time where you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

Interviewed with 24 Hour Fitness and Had 2 interviews that were fairly straight forward, first was with the area manager and then the second was with the general manager and service manager of the gym.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

1. Phone Screen
    2. On site interview with current Operations Manager
    3 On site interview with District Manager
    4. On site interview with another District Manager
    5. On site interview with Vice President

There really wasn't one, just here is what we start you off at.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2014.

Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Questions
    • 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast.
      2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.

View Answer

Personal Trainer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2014.

They were doing an open interview, I went and did an interview with one manager and then he called in a higher up manager after. Questions were easy, they asked about me and my work experience with health and fitness, my comfort in talking to people to make sales, and explained that I'd have to go talk to people in order to pick up clients

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were trying to convince someone of a product or package your were trying to sale, who was very resistant to the idea and how you were able to persuade them   Answer Question
    Told me I could start at front desk until I got my personal training cert, then theyd train me some more and get me started

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2014.

I applied for this position online from Indeed. I received a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. I arrived a few minutes early and was asked to have a seat. After a few minutes, the front desk person told me that my interviewer was swamped and that it would be awhile. Fifteen minutes after my initial interview time, the interviewer came out. She was nice but seemed distracted. She then told me that it was mostly a kid's club position with some front desk work. This was not mentioned at all in the job description. Then she asked me questions from a workbook (mostly situational questions) and typed my answers on the computer. Then she said that she wanted someone who was willing to travel between locations to help out and that the pay was 7.25. She said it would take a week to get back to me and ended the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to discipline kids and get them to listen to you.   Answer Question

Club Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Pre-interview over telephone with HR, first interview with Club Manager and final interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you coach, discipline and motivate your employees?   Answer Question