24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Interview

Good. It wasn't hard at all, you just got to have sales experience. If you be yourself and are all about it, then you should have no problem. It doesn't take a rocket science to get hired here. There are no drug test as well.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Ramon, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, did a long phone interview. Then another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in person interview with the hiring manager and another manager. Then nothing for 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, was contacted by the hiring manager for an interview with the HR manager. Ultimately turned down because in the 6 weeks since I had heard from them and thought the job was dead, my employment situation changed and I didn't tell the recruiter. HR apparently felt this was a "red flag". Lame.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online any got a call back within 3 days. Conducted a phone interview asking questions about different scenarios regarding how I would handle a certain situation. Asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your duties during your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was more of about describing who you are and where you began your fitness career. The atmosphere was pretty laid back. I had a couple of questions. The questions that were asked were not difficult and were not tricky. The questions that he/she asked were straight forward. In conclusion, they were easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Club Manager Interview

Interview

Casual conversation that went for more than an hour with no real qualifying questions. Promised call back never happened. Interviewer avoided contact or conversation when seen in the club.

Assistant Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and the following monday I showed up to the facility with my resume. I asked for the manager handed him my resume and I received a call within the next few hours. I interviewed with the club manager and my second interview was with the district manager. it helps if you know the "Road Map to Success" and they are interested in sales oriented people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked in star format (Situation, Task, Activity, Result.) They take notes on your answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$12 - $14 an hour depending on experience. They try not to want you to get paid the most and give an excuse of "usually active employees looking to promote get the highest rate because of their current knowledge of the company and its policies and mission." I was still able to get a good rate....I recommend you apply to a sport or supersport gym, active gyms are too slow.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of weeks later. I interviewed with an Assistant Training Manager. She had a list of questions in a packet which I answered and she wrote down. She answered my questions about the pay structure and was very helpful. This interview lasted about an hour. I got another call a couple days after that and interviewed with the Training Manager. He asked some follow-up questions, and that interview lasted about half an hour. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped someone achieve their goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Camarillo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

To be considered for a position with this company you must first submit your resume online. Once this is complete, if you meet the requirements, you will receive a call from a hiring manager. Now the questions they ask are basic such as: your level of experience, why did you become a trainer, who are you certified through, are you comfortable with sales, etc. After the interview process it will take about 2-3 days for them to call you. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a member who is doing a lat-pulldown incorrectly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay will be the same for every trainer. No room for negotiations.

Club Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

It was a typical phone interview. Nothing too complex. Your standard "Tell me about yourself" type of questions. I was also asked if I ever managed a fitness club before, what my strengths and weaknesses are...Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. All of the questions I were asked were pretty standard for any interview   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Orange, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I completed 3 interviews - phone, in-person with a local manager, and in-person with a recruiter and district manager. The first 2 interviews were straightforward. Questions focused on my resume, qualifications, and interest in health/fitness. The 3rd interview was completely different. It took several weeks to schedule as the remote recruiter and local district manager complete the interview together. They quickly reviewed my resume and then advanced to 3 role-play scenarios. I was asked to: 1. Sell them a calculator 2. Train them something, anything, in 5 minutes or less 3. Coach a difficult employee The questions and scenarios were less about management and more about my ability to assimilate. They came across as stereotypical and unprofessional, but that was likely the intent. To sum it up, I was called "bro" more times than I can count. Surprisingly, they didn't really dig into my qualifications or business acumen. At the close of the interview, I was told the position was a forward-hire and I would hear from them again in a few weeks. I never heard from them again.