24 Hour Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Glendora, CA

I applied online - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed 3 different times with 3 different levels of management at three different 24 hour locations. Hired within 1/1.5 months.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Example of standard question: what draws you to the fitness industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage plus commission on each trained session and training packages sold.

Personal Trainer I Interview

Personal Trainer I
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was very quick and easy to get an interview with Ballinger Village 24 Hour Fitness. The Club Manager and Fitness Manager interviewed me and they were very friendly, non-intimidating and very informative and real about the position and expections. They took a lot of time with me, listening to my experiences and answering all of my questions. They said they would contact me the next day and they did.

Interview Question – What are my experience in sales, how do I create my own client base.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward and easy to understand.

Oracle Position Interview

Oracle Position

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Hiring manager contacted me after my submitting for job opening. Spoke to manager and Sr. technical staff. They were so unprepared and the hiring manager seemed too oppressive in the conversation, not sure because I was more experienced than manager and wanted to show the superiority. Had bad interview experience, completely shut down after wrong questions were asked.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions that you can find from list of questions to ask in interview   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – Just basic information about you. Why do you want to be a personal trainer.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in the future   Answer Question

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Assistant FItness Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Interview process is actually quite extensive and have to go through a couple of them before getting an offer. The bad thing is that most of the promises they give you in an interview and job offer are not put in writing so they basically mean nothing and 24 hour fitness knows that so they go back on their word.

After I accepted the job I was supposed to begin work on the 15th. On the 15th they collected my personal information to conduct a background check and all of that stuff and it took 2 more weeks! Those two weeks I did not have a job so basically went broke. In my opinion I think they could have had that taken care of prior to my start date. The job offer came 2 weeks prior to the 15th. Plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You will make just above minimum wage with a commission structure as a trainer and since you will be in a management role (aka do the work of your manager who is just riding the tide) you will get an extra $1 per hour and instead of 17% you will get 20% of sales.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in August 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. I then called the location to tell them I had submitted an application and they told me to come in for an interview the next day.

As soon as I walked in, I was stared at. I felt as though I was eye candy and immediately felt uncomfortable.

The first interview was a joke. I had to ask most of the questions. Then he told me that I needed to come back for a second interview the next day. I wasn't free the next day so he found the manager so he could interview me then. The manager was distracted throughout the entire interview and just asked generic questions. No questions about sales methods or asking me to sell him anything to see how aggressive I was. He told me that I would hear back from them in 24 hours. Within 48 hours I received a much better position from another company and I never heard back from 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Question – They asked why I had moved to Houston   Answer Question

Good Company Interview

Good Company
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth, management has great knowledge of business. its a little hostile during the interviews, it felt like an interrogation, but upper management is awesome.

Interview Question – A lot of past history scenarios, they feed and build off of ever thing you tell them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – LIfetime Fitness

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Started off as a membership counselor but expressed interest in moving up in the company. Interviewed with the Club Manager, then with the District Manager.

Interview Question – How well do you think your team will respond to you being their manager having once been their peer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating considering I had no managerial experience.

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Kids Club Attendant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very long. One interview one day another another day, then had to fill out paperwork and wait 24 hours for an employee number. I still don't have my schedule. :( I like the people but it is taking forever!!!!!

Interview Question – How would you entertain 6 kids of different ages?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – haven't negotiated yet

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, 1st with recruiter, 2nd with HR manager, 3rd with RVP

Interview Question – Working at 24 Hour Fitness is unique in that it is one of the few employers out there where employees could potentially see each other in a locker room naked/half naked. Have you ever worked in an environment where that is the case?   Answer Question