24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2015.

Interview

Started with questions, "tell me about yourself?", etc. Discussed customer service skills, "what do you think a guest thinks when they walk into 24 Hour Fitness?" and did a demo of customer service skills. Role play a tour around 24 Hour Fitness and and tried to sell a membership to club manager and assistant membership manager. Asked for availability and briefly discussed hours. Haven't received a call for position.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Interviewed with Membership Manager, simple questions about fitness and lifestyle and sales experience. Talked about what the position was all about and if I fit the lifestyle of someone that they would like to have promoting their "health club"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

job offer, either you can accept or decline. no negotiation

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Applied to multiple locations through 24 Hour Fitness Website. Within a week or so got called by Fitness Manager for interview. Interviewed with Fitness Manager and Club Manager.

Interview Questions

• No questions were super hard. A lot about experiences in life where you helped teach something, working out issues with others, motivating others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but do have a pay scale depending on your certifications,education,etc. You can come in as a level 1-3.

Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was fairly easy. My 1st interview was with the Sales lead, Nothing to hard. Mainly questions about why i wanna work there, time i handled a difficult customer, etc. Be sure to stress the fact about your selling skills from your previous job. Got called back for a 2nd interview with the main manager, He asked questions about my passion in life, My own personal fitness goals, and being coachable. As long as your positive, confident in what your saying, and have alot of energy (they love that) You should be alright

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to follow a certain procedure you didnt agree with   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm actually still waiting on my call back to see if i got the job or not. Wish me Luck!

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

I received a phone call about a week after I applied and asked to set up an interview appointment. I came in a few days later and was interviewed by both the hiring manager and another Kids Club attendant. They gave me a few scenarios (what would you do if _____ ) and pretty much stuck to their script.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time that you had to overcome a challenge; it was a bit out of line with the other questions they had asked so it threw me for a curveball.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

interview supper easy. Just had to talk about training and how I would help people in their sessions. How Training is able to benefit people at all levels of fitness. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I had to wait a couple of days for the second part. The second part consisted of basically the same as the first, except there was also a live demo session.All you have to do is come prepared with a few exercises done with correct technique and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What will your first month be here like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

time for onboarding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple, 3 interview stages. Initial screening, in person, Interview with Gm. After I received a phone call, accepted the offer and that was it. They give you the breakdown of how much you will be paid (commission/base)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Interview

Good. It wasn't hard at all, you just got to have sales experience. If you be yourself and are all about it, then you should have no problem. It doesn't take a rocket science to get hired here. There are no drug test as well.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Ramon, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, did a long phone interview. Then another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in person interview with the hiring manager and another manager. Then nothing for 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, was contacted by the hiring manager for an interview with the HR manager. Ultimately turned down because in the 6 weeks since I had heard from them and thought the job was dead, my employment situation changed and I didn't tell the recruiter. HR apparently felt this was a "red flag". Lame.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Really old school type interview questions. Expect the classic 'greatest weakness' question. Really more concerned about getting you to commit to working late/weekends. Other questions centered around previous customer derive experiences and whether you'd bend over backwards to please clients. Not really unexpected for this position. Good for students needing part time work but other than that, I'd stay away