24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager or Club manager talk to as if you have something to prove to them , when every manager in the company has core and can see the numbers something the company see your worth , they expect tons of work and never promise you the pay. 4 different , interviews all hired and lied too.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal i would be.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy and straight forward usually the department head positions have a panel interview with 2 or more club managers. You need a 30,60,90 action plan on how you are going to come in and change or run your department. Lots of questions about values and leadership all and all its a easy process.

Interview Questions

• What will you look for in building a team?   1 Answer

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murphy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Murphy, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

24 Hour Fitness posted manager positions in two local clubs, Allen and Murphy, Texas. Being that I live in the area and exceeded all the qualifications, I applied. I was called in (2-3 wks later) for an interview with the regional managers (Colt and Kevin). We had a good interview and they said they would definitely be in contact. The following week, I was invited for a second interview by a local Fitness Manager (Brad). Brad also enjoyed my interview so I was referred for a 3rd interview with Brad's boss, Zach. After 3 interviews and 3 weeks, Brad and Zach informed me there were really never management positions open. This was a way for them to pull talent in for lower positions, with the potential of moving up. The management jobs that I interviewed 3 times for did not ever exist, literally. I professionally rejected their offer for the lower paying position. A few months later, I get a call from a recruiting manager from 24 Hour Fitness again, stating they definitely have manager positions available and would love it if I came in again. So I came in for my 4th interview with the company. It has been 10 days and I still have not heard back. This entire process has been disappointing and an extremely unprofessional way to handle your candidates. 24 Hour Fitness HR should be ashamed! I am dropping my own membership there and will be glad to share my experiences with everyone in the fitness industry here in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for a position much lower then you applied for, with less pay, then maybe work up to the one you actually applied for?   1 Answer

They offered me a much lower position because the one they posted was never really open.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Took forever. 3 interviews and 1 month before I was brought on. They like to make sure your the right person for the job. Only apply if you have some time for the whole process. Overall they are a very good company to work for they just take a long time to huge you on. When you start you get 60 hours of 15 dollar an hour pay so its expensive in time and labor cost to onboard you. So be patient because they put a lot into their employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, what's your experience, can you sell training?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Interview

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call to do an interview four days later.It was a pretty standard interview. I was interviewed by the assistant service manager. The questions were mainly scenario questions, be prepared with example of good and bad customer service experiences. As long as you have retail or customer service experience you should be fine.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Burbank, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

shorter interview with club and membership/fitness manager in main office. Followed by fitness presentation that I had to conduct on another trainer/client. Followed by a phone interview with the regional director of the company.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, knowledge about health and fitness, diet trends, fitness trends, what I can do to become the bet trainer possible, how I can deal with different type of clients   Answer Question

Wouldnt allow me too work at my family gym which I am a self defense instructor/fitness instructor

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in June 2014.

Interview

Interviews were easy, there are at least two before you get hired. VERY basic but the trick is to smile, have a lot of enthusiasm and be genuine/honest. That's all they want to see is a good personality and a strong work ethic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I put a application in on a Sunday , and recieved a call Tuesday morning for a interview on Thursday, once I confirmed the interview I bust into tears God is the best and he is always working even when you think he isn't . I arrived to interview 30 min early , the lady was very professional and seemed nice , she ask a lot of questions about what would do in different situations about 3 pages of question , I answerd all questions truthfully and accurate I also brought my resume and previous awards from my other job , I was her first interview and she had more to do on Monday and Tuesday , she would be given a call midweek about the postion , I'm just praying and keeping my fingers cross that I receive a offer and can grow with company ... God is always working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will find out soon

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They contacted me for a job interview through email in a week time span. It was no longer than 20 mins. Why 24 hour fitness? How many hours are you looking to work?

Interview Questions

• Recall a more recent time where you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question