24 Hour Fitness

2.3

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2015.

Started with questions, "tell me about yourself?", etc. Discussed customer service skills, "what do you think a guest thinks when they walk into 24 Hour Fitness?" and did a demo of customer service skills. Role play a tour around 24 Hour Fitness and and tried to sell a membership to club manager and assistant membership manager. Asked for availability and briefly discussed hours. Haven't received a call for position.

Assistant Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

I applied online and the following monday I showed up to the facility with my resume. I asked for the manager handed him my resume and I received a call within the next few hours. I interviewed with the club manager and my second interview was with the district manager. it helps if you know the "Road Map to Success" and they are interested in sales oriented people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked in star format (Situation, Task, Activity, Result.) They take notes on your answers.   View Answer
    $12 - $14 an hour depending on experience. They try not to want you to get paid the most and give an excuse of "usually active employees looking to promote get the highest rate because of their current knowledge of the company and its policies and mission." I was still able to get a good rate....I recommend you apply to a sport or supersport gym, active gyms are too slow.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2014.

To be considered for a position with this company you must first submit your resume online. Once this is complete, if you meet the requirements, you will receive a call from a hiring manager. Now the questions they ask are basic such as: your level of experience, why did you become a trainer, who are you certified through, are you comfortable with sales, etc. After the interview process it will take about 2-3 days for them to call you. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a member who is doing a lat-pulldown incorrectly?   Answer Question
    Pay will be the same for every trainer. No room for negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2014.

Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Questions
    • 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast.
      2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.

View Answer

Personal Trainer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2014.

They were doing an open interview, I went and did an interview with one manager and then he called in a higher up manager after. Questions were easy, they asked about me and my work experience with health and fitness, my comfort in talking to people to make sales, and explained that I'd have to go talk to people in order to pick up clients

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were trying to convince someone of a product or package your were trying to sale, who was very resistant to the idea and how you were able to persuade them   Answer Question
    Told me I could start at front desk until I got my personal training cert, then theyd train me some more and get me started

Good Company Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2013.

Very smooth, management has great knowledge of business. its a little hostile during the interviews, it felt like an interrogation, but upper management is awesome.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of past history scenarios, they feed and build off of ever thing you tell them.   Answer Question

LIfetime Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2013.

After an initial inquiry about any openings and submission of job application, received a call to schedule an appointnent. The interview was between the general manager and a front desk associate who lead most of the questioning. It was very relaxed, we were in nice athletic clothes. The idea was are you responsible, willing to work and why do you want to work here. My answer to why was because fitness has become a part of my lifestyle and that's what I believed I could promote for others by working there.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2012.

Had two interviews. The first one was with the club manager. They called me back and told me in so many words I got the job but I had to have another interview with the service manager just so she could approve it. I went in, and had my second interview. They called me like 15 minutes later after I left to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. "Tell me the most difficult thing you've had to do"... "Tell me a time when you provided great customer service to someone"   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. I was given base pay like everyone else. They said you would be elegible for a review and a raise after 6 months-- nobody was ever reviewed or raised.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Just basic information about you. Why do you want to be a personal trainer.