24 Hour Fitness

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Huntington Beach, CA

Interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness

Interview Details – I applied in store and called about my application. Then they later called me for an interview. It was with the pregnant manager and one of the front desk girls. We went into the kids area and interviewed there. She asked why I want to work there, and how big of a priority would this job be. I told her I would choose work over my social life and she asked what if I got hired somewhere else and I left the job. I told her I would stay with 24 hour fitness and she kept asking what would happen if I got another offer somewhere else. She wasn't convinced that I was serious about this job. Came out of no where. She kept talking about how her girls work hard and they don't just do paperwork. Wasn't really asked much questions, just told information. All the front desk girls are super tall. 5'8-5'10ish and skinny and look similar. So I guess I didn't meet the looks.

Interview Question – What would you do if you got a job offer somewhere else?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred here by a friend who works here. I called mentioning that my friend referred me and that I was following up on my online application. The manager set up an interview with me immediately- for 2 days later. My first interview was with the club manager (the one you usually see 2nd). It was great, she was so sweet and offered me the job and said I didn't need to have the 2nd interview, only had to meet the other boss and do paperwork. I came back the next day, met with the 2nd manager who set up my interview. It went pretty well I thought. she said she'd call in a few days. I called a few days later and she said they chose somebody else. :/ So I was pretty disappointed and confused since I was given the offer..

Interview Question – 1.) give 3 negatives about yourself. I only had 2 prepared, she pushed for a 3rd-had to think fast.
2.) how did you handle an angry / upset customer and to explain the problem and how you solved it.
  View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called up and had a short interview to make sure I was a normal person. From there I was scheduled an interview. This was a one on one with the service manager with basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than the other two people I am considering.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Personal Trainer I Interview

Personal Trainer I
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in March 2014.

Interview Details – They were doing an open interview, I went and did an interview with one manager and then he called in a higher up manager after. Questions were easy, they asked about me and my work experience with health and fitness, my comfort in talking to people to make sales, and explained that I'd have to go talk to people in order to pick up clients

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you were trying to convince someone of a product or package your were trying to sale, who was very resistant to the idea and how you were able to persuade them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told me I could start at front desk until I got my personal training cert, then theyd train me some more and get me started

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Glendora, CA

I applied online - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed 3 different times with 3 different levels of management at three different 24 hour locations. Hired within 1/1.5 months.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Example of standard question: what draws you to the fitness industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage plus commission on each trained session and training packages sold.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – Just basic information about you. Why do you want to be a personal trainer.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in the future   Answer Question

Good Company Interview

Good Company
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth, management has great knowledge of business. its a little hostile during the interviews, it felt like an interrogation, but upper management is awesome.

Interview Question – A lot of past history scenarios, they feed and build off of ever thing you tell them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – LIfetime Fitness

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. The first one was with the club manager. They called me back and told me in so many words I got the job but I had to have another interview with the service manager just so she could approve it. I went in, and had my second interview. They called me like 15 minutes later after I left to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Very basic questions. "Tell me the most difficult thing you've had to do"... "Tell me a time when you provided great customer service to someone"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. I was given base pay like everyone else. They said you would be elegible for a review and a raise after 6 months-- nobody was ever reviewed or raised.

Personal Trainer II Interview

Personal Trainer II
Northridge, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 5 different managers at the time of hire. Additionally I was the one that had to communicate interest, this means that I had to call each and every time to set an interview time/date. Also I was asked to come back to the gym multiple times do to scheduling errors on the part 24 Hour Fitness so that I actually had to go the gym on five separate occasions over a five week period. I was put off by the general manager as he came across as pompous and proud of the hoops that I had to go through to be hired as a trainer. However the best interview was conducted by the Fitness Manager who asked thorough questions and determined if I would be a good addition to the gym structure.

Interview Question – You see an employee go to the drinks and take a drink what do you do? The gym is set up that a person can pay prior to selecting the drink and when I asked for clarification I was told to always assume that the person did not pay.   View Answer

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in December 2011.

Interview Details – One-on-one with Service Manager First.
Asked about work experience, qualifications and skills that make you (me) qualified for position. (It's a service Job so working as a cashier, customer service skilled jobs.
Asked about your own personal fitness goals. They want to hear how fitness and health is important to your daily routine or LIFE.
They asked me if I knew about 24 Hour Fitness (History, How the Company Came to Be, CEO)
Asked if I have ever visited any 24 "Hour Fitness.
They asked if I knew what A.C.H.I.E.V.E. (Core Values for 24 Hour Fitness) stands for: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energized, Versatility, Enjoy what you do.
Know Service Promise: Clean, Friendly & Well Maintained.
 Went over hourly pay & benefits/discount

CALLED BACK FOR 2nd Interview

One-on-one with Club Manager.
Pretty much asked the same questions.

(BRING A PRINTED RESUME TO BOTH INTERVIEWS... IT LOOKS MORE PROFESSIONAL!

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!