24 Hour Fitness Membership Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.4

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, went in a week after to pch torrance location for an interview. the interviewer was a gym douchnozzle. i had too much energy for him and he kept asking me to slow down, and even after i did, he asked again and was a complete donkey. he had only been at 24 for 2 yrs, which explained a lot. apply anywhere else!!!

Interview Questions

• he basically told me i didnt want to go on, but we did, and i almost wanted to say, "well thank you for wasting both of our times" and leaving but and didn't because i felt optimistic but afterwards i wish i had! i dont care to work for this company anymore.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought into the main office and sat down with the club manager as well as the membership manager. I was encouraged to dress for success, and I obliged. I was asked a series of questions involving my experience in sales. I was straight forward and let them know that I was looking for experience in "closing the deal". They let me know that the position would require quality performance that would be measured.

Overall, I felt as if the club manager was interested in hiring me from the get go! It's going to be a great opportunity to work for a company that provides training and development for it's staff.

Interview Questions

• "Sell your cell phone to me."

"What words within the 24 hour fitness motto resonate with you?"

"Tell us about yourself."

Answer Question

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2015.

Interview

Started with questions, "tell me about yourself?", etc. Discussed customer service skills, "what do you think a guest thinks when they walk into 24 Hour Fitness?" and did a demo of customer service skills. Role play a tour around 24 Hour Fitness and and tried to sell a membership to club manager and assistant membership manager. Asked for availability and briefly discussed hours. Haven't received a call for position.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Interviewed with Membership Manager, simple questions about fitness and lifestyle and sales experience. Talked about what the position was all about and if I fit the lifestyle of someone that they would like to have promoting their "health club"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

job offer, either you can accept or decline. no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple, 3 interview stages. Initial screening, in person, Interview with Gm. After I received a phone call, accepted the offer and that was it. They give you the breakdown of how much you will be paid (commission/base)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Interview

Good. It wasn't hard at all, you just got to have sales experience. If you be yourself and are all about it, then you should have no problem. It doesn't take a rocket science to get hired here. There are no drug test as well.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I then called the location to tell them I had submitted an application and they told me to come in for an interview the next day.

As soon as I walked in, I was stared at. I felt as though I was eye candy and immediately felt uncomfortable.

The first interview was a joke. I had to ask most of the questions. Then he told me that I needed to come back for a second interview the next day. I wasn't free the next day so he found the manager so he could interview me then. The manager was distracted throughout the entire interview and just asked generic questions. No questions about sales methods or asking me to sell him anything to see how aggressive I was. He told me that I would hear back from them in 24 hours. Within 48 hours I received a much better position from another company and I never heard back from 24 Hour Fitness.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. Sat down with a manager and assistant manager went over my past work/sales experience and why I wanted to work for 24 Hour Fitness. Club manager had me take him on a tour and sell him on a membership to see where my skills were at.

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Interview

Interview with membership manager was short and consisted of questions about past experience and scenario questions. Following this was an interview with the Club Manager that detailed more of what the job consisted of and whether or not I thought it was something I would do. There were multiple questions about sales strategies and sales techniques

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a sales quota in a short amount of time and what specific steps did you take to achieve this?   Answer Question

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2013.

Interview

This was a fast, easy process. I met with the Membership manager first and he asked me questions on my passion for fitness, if I believe in a healthy lifestyle. I had 5 + years sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Asking me specific questions about scenarios I've been through and how I handled it.   Answer Question