24 Hour Fitness

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glendora, CA

I applied online - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed 3 different times with 3 different levels of management at three different 24 hour locations. Hired within 1/1.5 months.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Example of standard question: what draws you to the fitness industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage plus commission on each trained session and training packages sold.

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – Just basic information about you. Why do you want to be a personal trainer.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in the future   Answer Question

Interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness

Interview Details – I saw a job posted on the company website and tried to apply but the system was messed up.

From there I just called the club and spoke to the Fitness Manager. He asked me general questions. Why I wanted to be a trainer, what I was looking for in a position, etc.? I explained that I've already been a trainer for 5 years and know that it's mostly about selling yourself, and that the hours are a little sporadic.

He liked this and brought me in for a interview with the Club Manager. The process was the same they were impressed I knew how to sell and offered me a job contingent on training the Fitness Manager.

I took him through a 45 min workout. Explained all the different muscle groups I was going to work, outlined the sessions, took him through the workout, and stretched him afterwards. He really enjoyed the session.

I was offered the job on the spot and had to come in to fill out the background check info. Just got my employee ID number today.

Interview Question – Pretty stock. Don't think just because you know Ex Phys you will do well as a trainer. That was a big misunderstanding I had early on. That stuff can be taught and most people won't know what you're talking about anyway. Bring personality, and don't be afraid to ask for money. You have bills to pay.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – It took over a month to get back to me. Generic questions such as why do you want to be a personal trainer and what makes a successful trainer. This company could care less about how much education/training you have in exercise science. As long as you are able to generate sales of sessions consider yourself hired.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice, one with PT Head and the second with Club manager. I am a recent grad so she (club manager) may have been concerned that i did not have any sales experience. Said they would let me know in a couple of weeks but haven't heard from them.

Interview Question – None really, they wanted to know my sales experience and "where you see yorself in 5 years"   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Was directed to attend a job fair the next week.

Interview Question – basic questions that the club manager asked- what's the most rewarding/challenging client you ever worked with. Are you willing to work with anyone. Very routine as he was filling out a talent acquisition booklet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a fee ways you get paid as a Personal Trainer you get an hourly wage, a percentage of the session price and if you sell a personal training session package you get a 20% cut of that. Nothing is negotiated although I think I would have pushed for a higher pay scale or hrly wage

Personal Trainer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and application on line and was called a few days later for a phone screen interview. The screen interview had basic questions concerning interest and former workplace successes and challenges. At the end of the interview I was invited to an in-person interview a few days later. The questions were very similar to the first and they follow a corporate guideline book for interviews. Not a stressful situation but definitely need to be extremely outgoing and upbeat during the process. Third interview is a working interview and you must lead a trainer through a personal workout so make sure you have a plan and can explain your reasoning behind the work out.

Interview Question – During the working interview there were a lot of technical questions about muscle groups. Make sure you know and can explain different types of bicep curls.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews at different clubs. The first was at a 24 location in which I had trouble hearing the Fitness Manager (FM) because the music in the gym was so loud. This interview was very well constructed, the FM quizzed me, which I expected and was clear about what the club was looking for. I didn't accept a position because of the club atmosphere though.

The second interview was at another location, the Club Manager (CM) was also very clear about what he was looking for in a new trainer. The interview was nice in that I was able to relax and just get to talk to the CM and get to know more about him and his vision about the club. I was offered the job and accepted it because of this.

The third interview was for a transfer to another club. The CM was also inviting and open about issues in the club, which was refreshing. I would have taken that transfer unless the interview was a disaster.

There was no undue pressure put on me during any of the interviews.

Interview Question – A question I didn't expect was about my relationship with a former employee whom I had trained under when I was first hired. This came up during my third interview for transferring from one club location to another. It caught me off guard, but was not inappropriate in any way. The question appeared to be a way for the CM to ensure that I was not going to have any likelihood of being a "problem" at the club as a former employee was considered by management to have been.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a career fair , just went in and immediatley had an interview with the Main trainer. She just asked general questions. like when was the last time you helped someone reach a goal. What experience do u have in customer service

Interview Questions

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in August 2011.

Interview Details – Responded to a job fair. Signed in and was called after about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked if I was certified and I showed him my certification, and then he proceeded to ask me questions about my past jobs. Sales experience, how I've handled difficult customers, etc.

The interview went very well, but I live far away from this location so he is going to recommend me to a club nearer to me. Overall, very good experience. I will say if you don't have your cert, it's going to be a short interview.

Interview Question – Just general questions about any past experience in the personal training field.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at 24 Hour Fitness

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by 24 Hour Fitness employees and interview candidates.