24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Applied to multiple locations through 24 Hour Fitness Website. Within a week or so got called by Fitness Manager for interview. Interviewed with Fitness Manager and Club Manager.

Interview Questions

• No questions were super hard. A lot about experiences in life where you helped teach something, working out issues with others, motivating others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but do have a pay scale depending on your certifications,education,etc. You can come in as a level 1-3.

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview

interview supper easy. Just had to talk about training and how I would help people in their sessions. How Training is able to benefit people at all levels of fitness. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I had to wait a couple of days for the second part. The second part consisted of basically the same as the first, except there was also a live demo session.All you have to do is come prepared with a few exercises done with correct technique and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What will your first month be here like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

time for onboarding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was more of about describing who you are and where you began your fitness career. The atmosphere was pretty laid back. I had a couple of questions. The questions that were asked were not difficult and were not tricky. The questions that he/she asked were straight forward. In conclusion, they were easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Camarillo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

To be considered for a position with this company you must first submit your resume online. Once this is complete, if you meet the requirements, you will receive a call from a hiring manager. Now the questions they ask are basic such as: your level of experience, why did you become a trainer, who are you certified through, are you comfortable with sales, etc. After the interview process it will take about 2-3 days for them to call you. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a member who is doing a lat-pulldown incorrectly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay will be the same for every trainer. No room for negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of weeks later. I interviewed with an Assistant Training Manager. She had a list of questions in a packet which I answered and she wrote down. She answered my questions about the pay structure and was very helpful. This interview lasted about an hour. I got another call a couple days after that and interviewed with the Training Manager. He asked some follow-up questions, and that interview lasted about half an hour. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped someone achieve their goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Took forever. 3 interviews and 1 month before I was brought on. They like to make sure your the right person for the job. Only apply if you have some time for the whole process. Overall they are a very good company to work for they just take a long time to huge you on. When you start you get 60 hours of 15 dollar an hour pay so its expensive in time and labor cost to onboard you. So be patient because they put a lot into their employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, what's your experience, can you sell training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Burbank, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

shorter interview with club and membership/fitness manager in main office. Followed by fitness presentation that I had to conduct on another trainer/client. Followed by a phone interview with the regional director of the company.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, knowledge about health and fitness, diet trends, fitness trends, what I can do to become the bet trainer possible, how I can deal with different type of clients   Answer Question

Wouldnt allow me too work at my family gym which I am a self defense instructor/fitness instructor

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in February 2014.

Interview

applied online. spoke with fitness manager after i worked out and booked an interview. met with the fitness manger and then the club manager. they were both easy going and just wanted to make sure that i was the right person for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Aurora, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Was really nice and seemed like a great place to work! The questions were fairly standard and straight forward. Got to tour the location and discussed career advancements. I also enjoy the atmosphere

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a group of sessions to someone that thinks they can't afford it?   Answer Question

Other job

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

I saw a job posted on the company website and tried to apply but the system was messed up.

From there I just called the club and spoke to the Fitness Manager. He asked me general questions. Why I wanted to be a trainer, what I was looking for in a position, etc.? I explained that I've already been a trainer for 5 years and know that it's mostly about selling yourself, and that the hours are a little sporadic.

He liked this and brought me in for a interview with the Club Manager. The process was the same they were impressed I knew how to sell and offered me a job contingent on training the Fitness Manager.

I took him through a 45 min workout. Explained all the different muscle groups I was going to work, outlined the sessions, took him through the workout, and stretched him afterwards. He really enjoyed the session.

I was offered the job on the spot and had to come in to fill out the background check info. Just got my employee ID number today.

Interview Questions

• Pretty stock. Don't think just because you know Ex Phys you will do well as a trainer. That was a big misunderstanding I had early on. That stuff can be taught and most people won't know what you're talking about anyway. Bring personality, and don't be afraid to ask for money. You have bills to pay.   Answer Question