24 Hour Fitness

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of weeks later. I interviewed with an Assistant Training Manager. She had a list of questions in a packet which I answered and she wrote down. She answered my questions about the pay structure and was very helpful. This interview lasted about an hour. I got another call a couple days after that and interviewed with the Training Manager. He asked some follow-up questions, and that interview lasted about half an hour. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you helped someone achieve their goal.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Personal Trainer Interview

I saw a job posted on the company website and tried to apply but the system was messed up.

From there I just called the club and spoke to the Fitness Manager. He asked me general questions. Why I wanted to be a trainer, what I was looking for in a position, etc.? I explained that I've already been a trainer for 5 years and know that it's mostly about selling yourself, and that the hours are a little sporadic.

He liked this and brought me in for a interview with the Club Manager. The process was the same they were impressed I knew how to sell and offered me a job contingent on training the Fitness Manager.

I took him through a 45 min workout. Explained all the different muscle groups I was going to work, outlined the sessions, took him through the workout, and stretched him afterwards. He really enjoyed the session.

I was offered the job on the spot and had to come in to fill out the background check info. Just got my employee ID number today.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty stock. Don't think just because you know Ex Phys you will do well as a trainer. That was a big misunderstanding I had early on. That stuff can be taught and most people won't know what you're talking about anyway. Bring personality, and don't be afraid to ask for money. You have bills to pay.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

It took over a month to get back to me. Generic questions such as why do you want to be a personal trainer and what makes a successful trainer. This company could care less about how much education/training you have in exercise science. As long as you are able to generate sales of sessions consider yourself hired.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interviewed twice, one with PT Head and the second with Club manager. I am a recent grad so she (club manager) may have been concerned that i did not have any sales experience. Said they would let me know in a couple of weeks but haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • None really, they wanted to know my sales experience and "where you see yorself in 5 years"   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Filled out application online. Was directed to attend a job fair the next week.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions that the club manager asked- what's the most rewarding/challenging client you ever worked with. Are you willing to work with anyone. Very routine as he was filling out a talent acquisition booklet.   Answer Question
    There is a fee ways you get paid as a Personal Trainer you get an hourly wage, a percentage of the session price and if you sell a personal training session package you get a 20% cut of that. Nothing is negotiated although I think I would have pushed for a higher pay scale or hrly wage

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Submitted my resume and application on line and was called a few days later for a phone screen interview. The screen interview had basic questions concerning interest and former workplace successes and challenges. At the end of the interview I was invited to an in-person interview a few days later. The questions were very similar to the first and they follow a corporate guideline book for interviews. Not a stressful situation but definitely need to be extremely outgoing and upbeat during the process. Third interview is a working interview and you must lead a trainer through a personal workout so make sure you have a plan and can explain your reasoning behind the work out.

Interview Questions
    • During the working interview there were a lot of technical questions about muscle groups. Make sure you know and can explain different types of bicep curls.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Just basic information about you. Why do you want to be a personal trainer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in January 2012.

It was a career fair , just went in and immediatley had an interview with the Main trainer. She just asked general questions. like when was the last time you helped someone reach a goal. What experience do u have in customer service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in August 2011.

Responded to a job fair. Signed in and was called after about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked if I was certified and I showed him my certification, and then he proceeded to ask me questions about my past jobs. Sales experience, how I've handled difficult customers, etc.

The interview went very well, but I live far away from this location so he is going to recommend me to a club nearer to me. Overall, very good experience. I will say if you don't have your cert, it's going to be a short interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just general questions about any past experience in the personal training field.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermosa Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in June 2011.

Hiring was pretty straight forward. They pretty much start by asking you to tell them about your background. They will ask about different situations, and ask how you will deal with it. How will you handle the situation? The questions are pretty easy, but you better have some good answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a situation with a unhappy employee?   View Answer

I received another offer.