24 Hour Fitness Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. On site interview with current Operations Manager
    3 On site interview with District Manager
    4. On site interview with another District Manager
    5. On site interview with Vice President

Negotiation

There really wasn't one, just here is what we start you off at.

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy, did the online application first. Then I dressed semi-professional and went and dropped off my resume to the hiring manager to introduce myself and give her a lasting impression. Got a call for an interview in which she basically talked the whole time about the job and explained it to me. She didn't ask many questions so I had to add in pieces of me into things she would talk about. I just smiled and nodded my head to show interest and agreed to certain points.

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Numerous interviews will be conducted. As an outside (or even inside) candidate, there will want to be a lot confidence given to HR and Sr. Management regarding sales experience with previous P&L management. People development is a plus to discuss and provide specific examples as a lot of questions will be based on "behavior" based questioning.

Interview Questions

• With limited experience managing a health club, and with the expectation of delivering on the financial expectations now, how would you deliver these expectations and learn the position as well?   Answer Question

Senior Java Web Developer (IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with the usual sign up on their web page, have a conversation with HR, then get invited to Carlsbad for group interview with the team. Interview was pleasant, team seemed to be nice people, and the back and forth seemed to go pretty well. Make sure you know know your stuff, because like most interviews like this, they will figure it out if you're not up to par.

Interview Questions

• They had some obscure question about a java static serial class. Was not quite sure what they were after, so the answer I gave was jumbled. They also ask you to describe an interface and its benefits. But, they way they worded the question, I was not sure what they were after. Yes, I know what these things are, But I am not sure if I answered it to their satisfaction.   Answer Question

Assistant Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Oceanside, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

A month after submitting a resume and application for Assistant Membership Manager, I received a call from someone with 24 Hour Fitness. They asked if I was still interested in interviewing with "the manager" for the AMM position. I said yes, & we set up the interview. I arrived early and prepared to meet with "the manager". After waiting 45 minutes (30 minutes after the scheduled interview time), I was led into a room with a "non-manager". She began the interview with: "I just wanted to let you know that we are actually looking to fill the Membership Counselor position right now. From our 'pool' of Membership Counselors, we will promote someone to the Assistant Membership Manager position. Would you be interested in that position?" I said, "No."

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in a position other than the one you applied for?   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (La Jolla, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Nice crew but company turns and burns employees; room to move up only if you are willing to work hours off the clock. The company may definitely change once NIKE hopefully purchases them and branding/revenue will go up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, salary is set with sales comm

I.T. Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Amazingly, I was made an Offer WITHOUT any Face to Face Interviews, only a brief 5 minute phone screen some months prior- nor was there a Job Description provided- I simply got a call to confirm that I would report on a given day to a given manager. I was amazed to say the least

Negotiation

there was No negotiation phase