24 Hour Fitness Service Representative Interview Questions

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

They contacted me for a job interview through email in a week time span. It was no longer than 20 mins.

Why 24 hour fitness?
How many hours are you looking to work?

Interview Questions
  • Recall a more recent time where you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Service Representative Interview

I had two interviews. One with the Service Manager and one with the Club Manager. Both interviews were very laid back. They asked typical questions like "why do you want to work here?" "describe a time when you dealt with a demanding customer" Really nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing too difficult or any curve balls. Pretty much your typical customer service type job interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

I applied online and didn't hear back from them for a month or so. I had an interview with a manager, an assistant manager, and a supervisor. The process took a couple weeks. The interview with the club manager was laid back, but very unprofessional. It set the tone for my whole experience there. The manager asked me, "Are you 21? I'm not legally allowed to ask you that, but I see you're in college, you're probably going to show up hung over, just don't."

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of any difficult ones. Read the mission statement if you want.   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated but I didn't realize I had the option to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2012.

Had two interviews. The first one was with the club manager. They called me back and told me in so many words I got the job but I had to have another interview with the service manager just so she could approve it. I went in, and had my second interview. They called me like 15 minutes later after I left to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. "Tell me the most difficult thing you've had to do"... "Tell me a time when you provided great customer service to someone"   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. I was given base pay like everyone else. They said you would be elegible for a review and a raise after 6 months-- nobody was ever reviewed or raised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

I was called up and had a short interview to make sure I was a normal person. From there I was scheduled an interview. This was a one on one with the service manager with basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than the other two people I am considering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in December 2011.

One-on-one with Service Manager First.
    Asked about work experience, qualifications and skills that make you (me) qualified for position. (It's a service Job so working as a cashier, customer service skilled jobs.
    Asked about your own personal fitness goals. They want to hear how fitness and health is important to your daily routine or LIFE.
    They asked me if I knew about 24 Hour Fitness (History, How the Company Came to Be, CEO)
    Asked if I have ever visited any 24 "Hour Fitness.
    They asked if I knew what A.C.H.I.E.V.E. (Core Values for 24 Hour Fitness) stands for: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energized, Versatility, Enjoy what you do.
    Know Service Promise: Clean, Friendly & Well Maintained.
     Went over hourly pay & benefits/discount

CALLED BACK FOR 2nd Interview

One-on-one with Club Manager.
    Pretty much asked the same questions.

(BRING A PRINTED RESUME TO BOTH INTERVIEWS... IT LOOKS MORE PROFESSIONAL!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2011.

Pretty standard interview, asked the general questions about work experience and different situations and how you handled those situations. Overall a very pleasant interview experience in general.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get any difficult/unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in September 2010.

First, I was interviewed my the service manager then, the club manager.

Question that I was asked:

Why work at 24 Hour Fitness?
    What would I do if I had problems or was bothered with a co-worker?
    How I have dealt with difficult customers.
    If I mind doing cleaning duties, keeping the facility clean.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in July 2010.

Applied online (which included agreeing to a background check and a multiple choice personality test) which was followed up by a quick phone interview which resulted in an invitation for a group interview. The group interview involved 2 managers and about 17 applicants. Of those 17, I was the only 1 invited to a 1:1 interview with the service manager. After that interview I was asked back for a 1:1 interview with the club manager. The process took several weeks and they were not always very reliable about answering the phones but the offer eventually came. The work place is a bit unreliable however in that they know how harsh the economy is and feel free to twist your arm on hours and such because finding another opportunity is so rare and difficult. Also if you annoy them for some reason they are well-known for just cutting your hours down to like one shift a week until they feel less annoyed or inconvenienced. The job is easy though and is a good fit for students.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define "integrity"?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about fitness as a way of life? How do you stay fit?   Answer Question
    • What kind of customer service experience do you have and how do you think that will have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    There is not really any negotiations to be had. They know the economy and job market are tough and offer minimum wage for part-time hours without any benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2008.

I applied in the club - spoke directly with the Operations Manager.
    Got a call 3 days later asking to come in for an interview.
    Standard interview - nothing in depth. Answered a few questions then went on my way.
    Got a call the next day, no details.
    Sat down with the Operations Manager - she handed me a contract and told me my hourly wage at the same time... not really a job OFFER. More of just handing the job over.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was originally hourly+commissions - a year later they took away commissions and gave everyone a $.25 "raise". NOT what I had signed up for - a lot less!