24 Hour Fitness

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2014.

Interview Details – They contacted me for a job interview through email in a week time span. It was no longer than 20 mins.

Why 24 hour fitness?
How many hours are you looking to work?

Interview Question – Recall a more recent time where you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called up and had a short interview to make sure I was a normal person. From there I was scheduled an interview. This was a one on one with the service manager with basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than the other two people I am considering.   Answer Question

Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview, asked the general questions about work experience and different situations and how you handled those situations. Overall a very pleasant interview experience in general.

Interview Question – I didn't really get any difficult/unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. The first one was with the club manager. They called me back and told me in so many words I got the job but I had to have another interview with the service manager just so she could approve it. I went in, and had my second interview. They called me like 15 minutes later after I left to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Very basic questions. "Tell me the most difficult thing you've had to do"... "Tell me a time when you provided great customer service to someone"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. I was given base pay like everyone else. They said you would be elegible for a review and a raise after 6 months-- nobody was ever reviewed or raised.

Interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness

Interview Details – I had two interviews. One with the Service Manager and one with the Club Manager. Both interviews were very laid back. They asked typical questions like "why do you want to work here?" "describe a time when you dealt with a demanding customer" Really nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Really nothing too difficult or any curve balls. Pretty much your typical customer service type job interview.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't hear back from them for a month or so. I had an interview with a manager, an assistant manager, and a supervisor. The process took a couple weeks. The interview with the club manager was laid back, but very unprofessional. It set the tone for my whole experience there. The manager asked me, "Are you 21? I'm not legally allowed to ask you that, but I see you're in college, you're probably going to show up hung over, just don't."

Interview Question – Can't think of any difficult ones. Read the mission statement if you want.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated but I didn't realize I had the option to.

Allen, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in October 2008.

Interview Details – I applied in the club - spoke directly with the Operations Manager.
Got a call 3 days later asking to come in for an interview.
Standard interview - nothing in depth. Answered a few questions then went on my way.
Got a call the next day, no details.
Sat down with the Operations Manager - she handed me a contract and told me my hourly wage at the same time... not really a job OFFER. More of just handing the job over.

Interview Question – The standard what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was originally hourly+commissions - a year later they took away commissions and gave everyone a $.25 "raise". NOT what I had signed up for - a lot less!

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in December 2011.

Interview Details – One-on-one with Service Manager First.
Asked about work experience, qualifications and skills that make you (me) qualified for position. (It's a service Job so working as a cashier, customer service skilled jobs.
Asked about your own personal fitness goals. They want to hear how fitness and health is important to your daily routine or LIFE.
They asked me if I knew about 24 Hour Fitness (History, How the Company Came to Be, CEO)
Asked if I have ever visited any 24 "Hour Fitness.
They asked if I knew what A.C.H.I.E.V.E. (Core Values for 24 Hour Fitness) stands for: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energized, Versatility, Enjoy what you do.
Know Service Promise: Clean, Friendly & Well Maintained.
 Went over hourly pay & benefits/discount

CALLED BACK FOR 2nd Interview

One-on-one with Club Manager.
Pretty much asked the same questions.

(BRING A PRINTED RESUME TO BOTH INTERVIEWS... IT LOOKS MORE PROFESSIONAL!

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in September 2010.

Interview Details – First, I was interviewed my the service manager then, the club manager.

Question that I was asked:

Why work at 24 Hour Fitness?
What would I do if I had problems or was bothered with a co-worker?
How I have dealt with difficult customers.
If I mind doing cleaning duties, keeping the facility clean.

Interview Question – Why 24 Hour Fitness   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 24 Hour Fitness in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online (which included agreeing to a background check and a multiple choice personality test) which was followed up by a quick phone interview which resulted in an invitation for a group interview. The group interview involved 2 managers and about 17 applicants. Of those 17, I was the only 1 invited to a 1:1 interview with the service manager. After that interview I was asked back for a 1:1 interview with the club manager. The process took several weeks and they were not always very reliable about answering the phones but the offer eventually came. The work place is a bit unreliable however in that they know how harsh the economy is and feel free to twist your arm on hours and such because finding another opportunity is so rare and difficult. Also if you annoy them for some reason they are well-known for just cutting your hours down to like one shift a week until they feel less annoyed or inconvenienced. The job is easy though and is a good fit for students.

Interview Questions

• How would you define "integrity"?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about fitness as a way of life? How do you stay fit?   Answer Question
  • What kind of customer service experience do you have and how do you think that will have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not really any negotiations to be had. They know the economy and job market are tough and offer minimum wage for part-time hours without any benefits.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!