2U Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview followed by an in-person interview with Director and Manager Initial phone screening interview followed by an in-person interview with Director and Manager Initial phone screening interview followed by an in-person interview with Director and Manager Initial phone screening interview followed by an in-person interview with Director and Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for 2U

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email a little over a week later. They said they wanted to set up a phone interview which occurred two days later. The phone interview was pretty standard. She asked a lot of questions about my background and if I felt comfortable making up to 100 phone calls per day. After talking for 25 minutes she said she wanted to bring me in for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following day. The in-person interview was very relaxed. There were two people present and both asked various questions. The questions were not too probing but did require some role-playing. Both interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. They were very honest about the nature of the role and its expectations. Basically, this is a sales position and you are expected to make up to 100 calls per day while also walking people through the entire admissions process. They don't necessarily advertise it that way online. After the interview, they showed me the office and I had a chance to talk to a former admissions counselor about their experience. The whole interview took about an hour. I heard back about a week later over the phone that they didn't want to move forward. I asked for feedback but apparently their "company policy" doesn't allow that which is very frustrating. Interesting company. Seems to be a fun place to work. Probably best that I didn't get the position though since sales isn't my forte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

Relatively standard. Phone interview followed by a couple in-person interviews at one time. The questions were not very probing. Seemed as if everyone who interviewed me had a totally different agenda. I was told I would receive a decision by a certain date, and that date was pushed back three times.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process. They followed up from an online application, scheduled a phone interview, and then scheduled an in person interview. It did feel rushed. They mentioned they would want me to start in less than two weeks. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: describe yourself, you experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday afternoon and received an email on Tuesday requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Friday and later that day was invited to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with an HR representative, the person who would be my supervisor, and a person currently in the position I applied for. Everyone was very professional the whole time. However, all three people asked me the same questions. I felt like I was just repeating the same answers multiple times. It didn't seem like there was much coordination between the people I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say your strengths are? What would your current manager say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

Pretty basic, phone interview, in person interview, decision, very quick. Nothing particularly unexpected or difficult. Very quick process from start to finish. Very eager. Not sure what else to say about this. Just the basic interview deal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Application

Interview

A few rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview then bringing me in for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours. The panel was one after another asking situational questions but overall just background. After that, I received a call from my recruiter and they begun looking at my references and a week later, a job offer!

Interview Questions

• What is more important, the process or the destination   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview with HR than a phone interview with admissions supervisor who said I would be contacted by HR regarding next steps. Its been a month and I have not heard back. What's the point of having an HR department who can' t take 5 minutes of their time to let a candidate know one way or another if they are interested. When they say you will hear back, don't hold your breathe. Also the job is very telemarketing like, where you are expected to make 75- 100 calls. If you don't mind that, then this may be the job for you.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Interview

The process wasn't too bad. I did a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They didn't offer a relocation package prior to me staring. Not sure if that has changed. It wasn't too extensive or over bearing. I referred my best friend and she got the job and her experience was very similar to my own.

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. Two phone. One in person. The whole process took about a month. I was contacted immediately after submitting a cover letter and resume to set up a time for a phone interview, then filled out an online form with similar, but more detailed information. I had another phone interview with a manager a day or two later, then was told we would set up a time to continue the interview process. A few weeks later, I interviewed in person. A week later I got the job.