2U

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U in January 2015.

I applied on a Sunday afternoon and received an email on Tuesday requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Friday and later that day was invited to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with an HR representative, the person who would be my supervisor, and a person currently in the position I applied for. Everyone was very professional the whole time. However, all three people asked me the same questions. I felt like I was just repeating the same answers multiple times. It didn't seem like there was much coordination between the people I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions
  • What would your current manager say your strengths are? What would your current manager say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 2U

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Pretty basic, phone interview, in person interview, decision, very quick. Nothing particularly unexpected or difficult. Very quick process from start to finish. Very eager. Not sure what else to say about this. Just the basic interview deal

NA

Admissions Counselor Interview

A few rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview then bringing me in for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours. The panel was one after another asking situational questions but overall just background. After that, I received a call from my recruiter and they begun looking at my references and a week later, a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, the process or the destination   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U in December 2014.

Started out with a phone interview with HR than a phone interview with admissions supervisor who said I would be contacted by HR regarding next steps. Its been a month and I have not heard back. What's the point of having an HR department who can' t take 5 minutes of their time to let a candidate know one way or another if they are interested. When they say you will hear back, don't hold your breathe. Also the job is very telemarketing like, where you are expected to make 75- 100 calls. If you don't mind that, then this may be the job for you.

Admissions Counselor Interview

The process wasn't too bad. I did a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They didn't offer a relocation package prior to me staring. Not sure if that has changed. It wasn't too extensive or over bearing. I referred my best friend and she got the job and her experience was very similar to my own.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U in October 2014.

It was a phone interview, with pretty basic questions, about my strengths, weaknesses, work history, etc. It was made clear that this was a sales position with expectations of up to 100 calls per day. Since this was not clear from the job posting, it was good to learn this from the phone interview. It would not have been a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable making up to 100 calls per day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview while we were still on the phone. The in person interview consisted of three 30 min one on one interviews with a director, manager, and senior admissions counselor. Questions were pretty basic and you could tell that they were evaluating firm fit but also team fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a student's financial concerns?   View Answer
    They wanted me to start only 1 week after I was made the offer and I negotiated to start a bit later in order to give a proper 2 weeks notice at the job I was leaving. I did not try to negotiate anything else.

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I started with a 20 minute phone interview, then had an in person interview, they checked my references and had me interview for another position in the company and then I waited a while to hear anything at all.

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U.

I had an initial screening interview over the phone, which was fairly long and more detailed than I expected. I was asked very expected questions like "why do you want this position?" "what makes you qualified for the position?" etc. I was then brought in for an interview with the senior admissions counselor. The office atmosphere seemed very welcoming, everybody said hello and smiled at me as I was waiting. The interview itself was very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a potential student that didn't want to do the program because it was too expensive?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at 2U in June 2014.

I was initially contacted by HR for a phone interview followed by two more phone interviews with the VP of Admissions and the Director of Admissions. The interviews were all through the phone, because I was not in town. They are flexible with scheduling, which is definitely a plus.