2U Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process. They followed up from an online application, scheduled a phone interview, and then scheduled an in person interview. It did feel rushed. They mentioned they would want me to start in less than two weeks. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: describe yourself, you experience, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 in person interview.
    Everyone was very friendly and nice; definitely interesting culture. It took about 2 weeks to for them to get back to me about the final decision that they decided to go with other candidate. Very fast process during phone interviews - HR set up an interview with driector of the admissions dept immediately.

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 2U in February 2015.

Interview

After I sent a resume and cover letter, I received an email to make an arrangement to get the interview. I took me for two or three days to be interviewed after that.

Interview Questions

• Did you check the location? (located in NY)   1 Answer
    • Anything else do you want to ask or question about your job or company?   1 Answer
    • How did you find the job?   1 Answer

Placement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

I received an email for Placement Specialist when I initially applied for Student Support Advisor. They wanted to schedule a phone interview ASAP. After the phone interview, I received an email later that afternoon asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. I was told in the email who I would be meeting with and their roles. In the interview they mentioned they may want me to speak with other managers, which did end up occurring the following week. Within 5 days of the 3rd interview, I had an offer and they wanted me to make a decision as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of December. I didn't hear back until recently (middle of January). I figure it is because of the holiday most people are out of the office. We scheduled a phone interview and I was initially interviewing for one position but the recruiter felt I would be better in a different specialty. Nothing crazy in the interview. Hiring Manager interview to follow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult just unexpected. They asked me to calculate GPA (which I totally blanked of course).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday afternoon and received an email on Tuesday requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Friday and later that day was invited to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with an HR representative, the person who would be my supervisor, and a person currently in the position I applied for. Everyone was very professional the whole time. However, all three people asked me the same questions. I felt like I was just repeating the same answers multiple times. It didn't seem like there was much coordination between the people I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say your strengths are? What would your current manager say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I received a phone screening invitation about 6 weeks after I started pursuing jobs with 2U.

I have heard so much about 2U's culture, so I was a little surprised by the recruiter’s lack of energy on the phone call.

She asked me how much I made, and then asked me what range I wanted to be in for the position. I gave her salary information that I found online for the job at 2U. She told me that money is not usually discussed at this point, but explained that the amount that I had heard about was way outside of the budget. I wondered why she asked how much I made if money isn't usually discussed in a phone screening, but I’m glad that she brought it up.

She asked: "What other jobs are you applying for?" How did you hear about this company/position?" "Why do you want to work for 2U?"

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial interview was just a screening. After the first interview then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very straight forward. I was then asked via email to come in and meet with three placement managers. That was awesome. Felt more like a conversation. Very easy to talk to but asked some pretty thought provoking questions - which I appreciated. About a week later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the highest salary for this position so there was no need to negotiate. And PTO and benefits weren't an issue either. This position is pretty set.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

Pretty basic, phone interview, in person interview, decision, very quick. Nothing particularly unexpected or difficult. Very quick process from start to finish. Very eager. Not sure what else to say about this. Just the basic interview deal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Application

Interview

A few rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview then bringing me in for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours. The panel was one after another asking situational questions but overall just background. After that, I received a call from my recruiter and they begun looking at my references and a week later, a job offer!

Interview Questions

• What is more important, the process or the destination   Answer Question