2U

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Counselor Interview

Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired as part of a "hiring blitz". A short conversation via email started the process (basic resume questions), then I was invited into the office for the "hiring blitz". This happened in about a week. It was one day in the office, with 3 short rapid-fire interviews (or at least that was the idea), with about 30-40 people brought in. The interviews were spread across directors, management and HR, and all were pretty standard in terms of explaining your resume, goals, why you would excel here etc. However, my three 10 minute interviews were spread out over four hours. I was the first one in, and the last one out. I felt like the whole process was pretty disjunctive, and not entirely well organized. I was made an offer over the phone about another week later.

Interview Question – If you had one super power, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interviewed at 2U

Interview Details – Getting hired at 2U is a process. They will have the HR team reach out first and conduct a 30 minute phone interview asking typical background questions.

Interview Question – When they got to the "a-hole policy"- it is a bit awkward to answer because it's not a typical question during a phone interview. But, it is important to be able to answer and be honest about how you feel about the topic.   Answer Question

Regional Field Education Coordinator Interview

Regional Field Education Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1 interview with 2 supervisors. Overall it was pretty quick but they were looking for someone to fill the position quickly and as a referral I skipped a few steps.

Interview Question – Experience cold-calling and handling rejection. Strategies with dealing with difficult partners.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at 2U

Interview Details – There is an initial phone screening interview with a member of the human resources team. The recruiter conducting my phone screening was reading off of a list of questions. Be prepared to sell yourself very quickly and expect your enthusiasm will be the sole source during the conversation. The recruiter did not deviate from her list of questions.

Interview Question – The recruiter will ask about your desired salary and will disclose whether or not the available position is in the range. If your desired salary is above the range of the available position be prepared to explain why you'd consider taking a pay cut.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
Landover, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – I interviewed at a unique time in the company. They have been growing extremely fast, so they needed to hire about 20 people. I had actually applied for another job in the company, but had gotten a call about admissions because I have admissions experience. The first step was to come in with a bunch of other applicants in one day. There were about 10 others there at the same time as I was. I ended up meeting with 3 people that day-one of the admissions counselors, one of the managers for the admissions program, and then a person from HR. It was definitely not efficient. I was asked the same questions, or at least a lot of similar questions by each person. And for a sales environment, I was surprised by how many closed ended questions there were (How do you feel about the no a**hole policy? How do you feel about wearing jeans to work? How do you feel about alcohol at work? etc.). Then, about 2 days after that, I got a call about doing a phone interview with one of the other managers. I was out of town at the time for about a week(bad timing on my part), but there was a perfect block of time where I could schedule the phone interview. Well, the day of the phone interview, I get a call about 10 minutes before it's supposed to happen from an HR person in their NYC office. They would prefer to do an in person interview rather than phone (so frustrating!). I was still out of town for several more days, so I had to wait until the beginning of the next week to go in. I went in the office and was given a tour of the place where if hired, I would be working. I then met with the other manager, who asked only about 3 formal job interview questions which were again, the same exact questions that I had been asked the other day. I also got to meet with 2 admissions counselors, just to pick their brains and find out more about the day to day work. They were very straightforward about letting us know that this is a sales job, and they were pretty open and honest about the company. Their interview process is definitely a little frustrating though.

Interview Question – Be prepared, at least for admissions jobs, to answer questions like "How would you sell ___ program?" and situational questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – I applied months ago and was contacted about a completely unrelated position. I declined an interview because it wasn't what I wanted to do. I was then contacted again for another related position about 3 months later. I was interested and I did two phone interviews (a recruiter and a manager). I got excited, but never heard back, just like most people. I'm done interviewing with them.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with our no-asshole policy?   View Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Landover, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 2U in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in early October, got an email setting up a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Phone interview went perfect and then she said that the recruiting office would be contacting me in about a week or so for an in person interview. SHE LIED! I never heard a word back from them and honestly Im pissed. I tried emailing her and contacting her and absolutely no response. How unprofessional.

Interview Question – How do you feel about wearing jeans in the work place?

Tell me why you are interested in this job?
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Landover, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, and then came in for an in person interview. Never heard from anyone within the company after the in person interview. I emailed the recruiter who brought me in for the interview, but she never responded to my email. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What specific functions are you skilled with in Excel?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 2U in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very flexible HR people, worked with my busy student schedule to fit in 2 interviews, phone and in person

Interview Question – would you say you are more analytic or creative when it comes to solving problems   Answer Question

Marketing Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 2U in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began with several phone interviews. Once I made it through that process I was brought in for an in person interview where they schedule anywhere from 4-6 people to interview you. Although I was initially intimidated by the thought of having to come up with enough to say to all of these people without being redundant it seemed to flow very naturally. Each interviewer had their own style but overall they made me feel very welcome and comfortable.

Interview Question – Comfortable wearing jeans to work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 2U

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!

2U Videos

2U – Why Work for Us?

2U, Inc., is an education technology company that partners with top colleges and universities around the world to bring their degree programs and credit-bearing courses online. Founded by educational technology… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 2U interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by 2U employees and interview candidates.