2U

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – I had an initial screening interview over the phone, which was fairly long and more detailed than I expected. I was asked very expected questions like "why do you want this position?" "what makes you qualified for the position?" etc. I was then brought in for an interview with the senior admissions counselor. The office atmosphere seemed very welcoming, everybody said hello and smiled at me as I was waiting. The interview itself was very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle a potential student that didn't want to do the program because it was too expensive?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 2U in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was quick for me. I did two sets of skype interviews, then was offered the position 3 days later. The hiring staff was very flexible with my moving dates and helped me get everything I needed, in order to succeed.

Interview Question – "How do you feel about wearing jeans to work?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and concise. All parties were happy.

Senior Director of Operations, USC Interview

Senior Director of Operations, USC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at 2U in January 2014.

Interview Details – I only made it to the "HR" interview. I know the position and the company well, and I was also at least minimally qualified, but the when the recruiter learned that I would be asking for relocation assistance, she decided I wasn't right for the role and ended our talk. Conversation lasted a max of 10 mins.

Director Interview

Director
Landover, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 2U in March 2014.

Interview Details – Worked through a recruiter who connected me with 2U. Initial contact was with HR, who did a phone screening. Very personable young lady who asked me about my background, explained the position a bit more and, in effect, determined whether I would go to the next round. Then met with the hiring manager who wanted to understand my vision for the position. Very conversational with an admission that they were trying to figure out what was needed as the company had just gone public. That was when I fell in love with 2U! Next interview several days later was with Finance and VP of the area. First interview was good, mellow, conversational. Next interview was very different: Very intense guy and very intense interview. Came out mumbling and had recruiter in stitches when I just couldn't communicate. But it went well. Then, the final test. IT folks interviewed me via Skype. Fun interview as they asked more detailed questions and wanted to know more about my philosophy of business. In the end, very intelligent people looking to make sure they were hiring the right person. My goal is to live up to their expectations.

Interview Question – We have a basic control in place that, to you, doesn't seem effective but works. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Private info, sorry.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – I connected with 2U over LinkedIn who recommended me a position at the firm. I was then scheduled an interview with a recruiter the following week. The recruiter forgot we had an interview and never called. I had to reach back out to them to reschedule. During the interview, we went over basic questions about the position and behavior questions that linked with the position itself.

Interview Question – Any challenges in story telling from data analysis?   Answer Question

Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired as part of a "hiring blitz". A short conversation via email started the process (basic resume questions), then I was invited into the office for the "hiring blitz". This happened in about a week. It was one day in the office, with 3 short rapid-fire interviews (or at least that was the idea), with about 30-40 people brought in. The interviews were spread across directors, management and HR, and all were pretty standard in terms of explaining your resume, goals, why you would excel here etc. However, my three 10 minute interviews were spread out over four hours. I was the first one in, and the last one out. I felt like the whole process was pretty disjunctive, and not entirely well organized. I was made an offer over the phone about another week later.

Interview Question – If you had one super power, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at 2U

Interview Details – Getting hired at 2U is a process. They will have the HR team reach out first and conduct a 30 minute phone interview asking typical background questions.

Interview Question – When they got to the "a-hole policy"- it is a bit awkward to answer because it's not a typical question during a phone interview. But, it is important to be able to answer and be honest about how you feel about the topic.   Answer Question

Regional Field Education Coordinator Interview

Regional Field Education Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1 interview with 2 supervisors. Overall it was pretty quick but they were looking for someone to fill the position quickly and as a referral I skipped a few steps.

Interview Question – Experience cold-calling and handling rejection. Strategies with dealing with difficult partners.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

Interviewed at 2U

Interview Details – There is an initial phone screening interview with a member of the human resources team. The recruiter conducting my phone screening was reading off of a list of questions. Be prepared to sell yourself very quickly and expect your enthusiasm will be the sole source during the conversation. The recruiter did not deviate from her list of questions.

Interview Question – The recruiter will ask about your desired salary and will disclose whether or not the available position is in the range. If your desired salary is above the range of the available position be prepared to explain why you'd consider taking a pay cut.   Answer Question

Landover, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 2U.

Interview Details – I interviewed at a unique time in the company. They have been growing extremely fast, so they needed to hire about 20 people. I had actually applied for another job in the company, but had gotten a call about admissions because I have admissions experience. The first step was to come in with a bunch of other applicants in one day. There were about 10 others there at the same time as I was. I ended up meeting with 3 people that day-one of the admissions counselors, one of the managers for the admissions program, and then a person from HR. It was definitely not efficient. I was asked the same questions, or at least a lot of similar questions by each person. And for a sales environment, I was surprised by how many closed ended questions there were (How do you feel about the no a**hole policy? How do you feel about wearing jeans to work? How do you feel about alcohol at work? etc.). Then, about 2 days after that, I got a call about doing a phone interview with one of the other managers. I was out of town at the time for about a week(bad timing on my part), but there was a perfect block of time where I could schedule the phone interview. Well, the day of the phone interview, I get a call about 10 minutes before it's supposed to happen from an HR person in their NYC office. They would prefer to do an in person interview rather than phone (so frustrating!). I was still out of town for several more days, so I had to wait until the beginning of the next week to go in. I went in the office and was given a tour of the place where if hired, I would be working. I then met with the other manager, who asked only about 3 formal job interview questions which were again, the same exact questions that I had been asked the other day. I also got to meet with 2 admissions counselors, just to pick their brains and find out more about the day to day work. They were very straightforward about letting us know that this is a sales job, and they were pretty open and honest about the company. Their interview process is definitely a little frustrating though.

Interview Question – Be prepared, at least for admissions jobs, to answer questions like "How would you sell ___ program?" and situational questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 2U

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 2U interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by 2U employees and interview candidates.