2U Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

Relatively standard. Phone interview followed by a couple in-person interviews at one time. The questions were not very probing. Seemed as if everyone who interviewed me had a totally different agenda. I was told I would receive a decision by a certain date, and that date was pushed back three times.

Applications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

Phone interview. Webcam interview. In person interview. Took a while for the background check and references. Other than that it was cool. The recruiter was very friendly and the hiring managers were very friendly as well. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

To International students, DO NOT apply this company, they don't offer sponsorship and didn't mention it in job description. Once they know you need it, the interview ends. DON'T waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Lasted about 10 minutes. Asked questions like why you apply this position and how do you know our company.   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on a tuesday, received an email that same week requesting a phone interview. I did the phone interview the next week and at the end of the interview they scheduled an in-office interview for the following week. During the in-office interview I met with two people for about 30 minutes each, both went well. standard questions asked. A week and a half later I received an email saying I was still being considered and would hear back shortly. Three days later I got a call saying I wouldn't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process. They followed up from an online application, scheduled a phone interview, and then scheduled an in person interview. It did feel rushed. They mentioned they would want me to start in less than two weeks. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: describe yourself, you experience, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 in person interview.
    Everyone was very friendly and nice; definitely interesting culture. It took about 2 weeks to for them to get back to me about the final decision that they decided to go with other candidate. Very fast process during phone interviews - HR set up an interview with driector of the admissions dept immediately.

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 2U in February 2015.

Interview

After I sent a resume and cover letter, I received an email to make an arrangement to get the interview. I took me for two or three days to be interviewed after that.

Interview Questions

• Did you check the location? (located in NY)   1 Answer
    • Anything else do you want to ask or question about your job or company?   1 Answer
    • How did you find the job?   1 Answer

Placement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

I received an email for Placement Specialist when I initially applied for Student Support Advisor. They wanted to schedule a phone interview ASAP. After the phone interview, I received an email later that afternoon asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. I was told in the email who I would be meeting with and their roles. In the interview they mentioned they may want me to speak with other managers, which did end up occurring the following week. Within 5 days of the 3rd interview, I had an offer and they wanted me to make a decision as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of December. I didn't hear back until recently (middle of January). I figure it is because of the holiday most people are out of the office. We scheduled a phone interview and I was initially interviewing for one position but the recruiter felt I would be better in a different specialty. Nothing crazy in the interview. Hiring Manager interview to follow.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult just unexpected. They asked me to calculate GPA (which I totally blanked of course).   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday afternoon and received an email on Tuesday requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Friday and later that day was invited to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with an HR representative, the person who would be my supervisor, and a person currently in the position I applied for. Everyone was very professional the whole time. However, all three people asked me the same questions. I felt like I was just repeating the same answers multiple times. It didn't seem like there was much coordination between the people I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say your strengths are? What would your current manager say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question