2U

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.5

Marketing Internsip Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 2U.

Very casual interview. HR recruiter had great energy and you could tell she really enjoys working for the company. It was an overall great interview and I am waiting to hear back about when I may be meeting with the hiring manager.

Admissions Counselor Interview

The process wasn't too bad. I did a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They didn't offer a relocation package prior to me staring. Not sure if that has changed. It wasn't too extensive or over bearing. I referred my best friend and she got the job and her experience was very similar to my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U in October 2014.

It was a phone interview, with pretty basic questions, about my strengths, weaknesses, work history, etc. It was made clear that this was a sales position with expectations of up to 100 calls per day. Since this was not clear from the job posting, it was good to learn this from the phone interview. It would not have been a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable making up to 100 calls per day?   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 2U.

Received an email letting me know that I would be going through an initial phone interview with HR. HR interview was pretty basic, as though she were reading off a piece of paper. Later interviews over the phone with Director, and came in for an in-person interview afterwards. All seemed pretty straight-forward. Nothing exceptional, and felt like they were just trying to meet a quota.

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 2U.

Interview process lasted over two months with long stretches in between contacts. Over 4 interviews between the recruiter and the hiring manager. Process was painful and didn't end in an offer, but all of the people I spoke with were very nice and passionate about the work they did with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U.

I felt pretty confident throughout the interview. I have years of experience and I was genuinely interested in the position. I was pretty shocked when I didn't get the job.

Admissions Interview

completely disorganized company. HR contact was very personable and asked questions about background and what i could bring to the company. Then had as phone interview with the hiring manager who was not prepared and never asked any questions and was never contacted after this.

Student Support Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later for a phone screening by HR. We set up an in-person interview for the following day at the office with the hiring manager. The interview went great. It was very relaxed and I felt really comfortable. Everyone in the office was nice and it looked like a great place to work with other young professionals. I emailed the recruiter after the interview and I was told she would be in touch but I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview while we were still on the phone. The in person interview consisted of three 30 min one on one interviews with a director, manager, and senior admissions counselor. Questions were pretty basic and you could tell that they were evaluating firm fit but also team fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a student's financial concerns?   View Answer
    They wanted me to start only 1 week after I was made the offer and I negotiated to start a bit later in order to give a proper 2 weeks notice at the job I was leaving. I did not try to negotiate anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I started with a 20 minute phone interview, then had an in person interview, they checked my references and had me interview for another position in the company and then I waited a while to hear anything at all.