2U Interview Questions in Landover, MD

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email a little over a week later. They said they wanted to set up a phone interview which occurred two days later. The phone interview was pretty standard. She asked a lot of questions about my background and if I felt comfortable making up to 100 phone calls per day. After talking for 25 minutes she said she wanted to bring me in for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following day. The in-person interview was very relaxed. There were two people present and both asked various questions. The questions were not too probing but did require some role-playing. Both interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. They were very honest about the nature of the role and its expectations. Basically, this is a sales position and you are expected to make up to 100 calls per day while also walking people through the entire admissions process. They don't necessarily advertise it that way online. After the interview, they showed me the office and I had a chance to talk to a former admissions counselor about their experience. The whole interview took about an hour. I heard back about a week later over the phone that they didn't want to move forward. I asked for feedback but apparently their "company policy" doesn't allow that which is very frustrating. Interesting company. Seems to be a fun place to work. Probably best that I didn't get the position though since sales isn't my forte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

Relatively standard. Phone interview followed by a couple in-person interviews at one time. The questions were not very probing. Seemed as if everyone who interviewed me had a totally different agenda. I was told I would receive a decision by a certain date, and that date was pushed back three times.

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on a tuesday, received an email that same week requesting a phone interview. I did the phone interview the next week and at the end of the interview they scheduled an in-office interview for the following week. During the in-office interview I met with two people for about 30 minutes each, both went well. standard questions asked. A week and a half later I received an email saying I was still being considered and would hear back shortly. Three days later I got a call saying I wouldn't be moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday afternoon and received an email on Tuesday requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Friday and later that day was invited to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with an HR representative, the person who would be my supervisor, and a person currently in the position I applied for. Everyone was very professional the whole time. However, all three people asked me the same questions. I felt like I was just repeating the same answers multiple times. It didn't seem like there was much coordination between the people I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say your strengths are? What would your current manager say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I received a phone screening invitation about 6 weeks after I started pursuing jobs with 2U. I have heard so much about 2U's culture, so I was a little surprised by the recruiter’s lack of energy on the phone call. She asked me how much I made, and then asked me what range I wanted to be in for the position. I gave her salary information that I found online for the job at 2U. She told me that money is not usually discussed at this point, but explained that the amount that I had heard about was way outside of the budget. I wondered why she asked how much I made if money isn't usually discussed in a phone screening, but I’m glad that she brought it up. She asked: "What other jobs are you applying for?" How did you hear about this company/position?" "Why do you want to work for 2U?"

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial interview was just a screening. After the first interview then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very straight forward. I was then asked via email to come in and meet with three placement managers. That was awesome. Felt more like a conversation. Very easy to talk to but asked some pretty thought provoking questions - which I appreciated. About a week later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the highest salary for this position so there was no need to negotiate. And PTO and benefits weren't an issue either. This position is pretty set.

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

I felt pretty confident throughout the interview. I have years of experience and I was genuinely interested in the position. I was pretty shocked when I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview while we were still on the phone. The in person interview consisted of three 30 min one on one interviews with a director, manager, and senior admissions counselor. Questions were pretty basic and you could tell that they were evaluating firm fit but also team fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a student's financial concerns?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wanted me to start only 1 week after I was made the offer and I negotiated to start a bit later in order to give a proper 2 weeks notice at the job I was leaving. I did not try to negotiate anything else.

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I started with a 20 minute phone interview, then had an in person interview, they checked my references and had me interview for another position in the company and then I waited a while to hear anything at all.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. I spoke with a young woman who was the recruiter who had scheduled to call me for an initial phone interview. She was seven minutes late and offered no apology. After speaking with her, I was recommended for the MBA-Chapel Hill program. She then scheduled another phone interview with the manager. He too, called about twelve minutes late. After speaking with him for several minutes (as multiple things were going on in the background) he told me that he would speak to the recruiter and she would email me regarding the next steps, I never heard from these people again. Very unprofessional. Steer clear!