2U

2.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U.

I felt pretty confident throughout the interview. I have years of experience and I was genuinely interested in the position. I was pretty shocked when I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter and scheduled an in person interview while we were still on the phone. The in person interview consisted of three 30 min one on one interviews with a director, manager, and senior admissions counselor. Questions were pretty basic and you could tell that they were evaluating firm fit but also team fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a student's financial concerns?   View Answer
    They wanted me to start only 1 week after I was made the offer and I negotiated to start a bit later in order to give a proper 2 weeks notice at the job I was leaving. I did not try to negotiate anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 2U in August 2014.

I started with a 20 minute phone interview, then had an in person interview, they checked my references and had me interview for another position in the company and then I waited a while to hear anything at all.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

interviewed at 2U in August 2014.

The interview process was very unorganized. I spoke with a young woman who was the recruiter who had scheduled to call me for an initial phone interview. She was seven minutes late and offered no apology. After speaking with her, I was recommended for the MBA-Chapel Hill program. She then scheduled another phone interview with the manager. He too, called about twelve minutes late. After speaking with him for several minutes (as multiple things were going on in the background) he told me that he would speak to the recruiter and she would email me regarding the next steps, I never heard from these people again. Very unprofessional. Steer clear!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 2U in March 2014.

Worked through a recruiter who connected me with 2U. Initial contact was with HR, who did a phone screening. Very personable young lady who asked me about my background, explained the position a bit more and, in effect, determined whether I would go to the next round. Then met with the hiring manager who wanted to understand my vision for the position. Very conversational with an admission that they were trying to figure out what was needed as the company had just gone public. That was when I fell in love with 2U! Next interview several days later was with Finance and VP of the area. First interview was good, mellow, conversational. Next interview was very different: Very intense guy and very intense interview. Came out mumbling and had recruiter in stitches when I just couldn't communicate. But it went well. Then, the final test. IT folks interviewed me via Skype. Fun interview as they asked more detailed questions and wanted to know more about my philosophy of business. In the end, very intelligent people looking to make sure they were hiring the right person. My goal is to live up to their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • We have a basic control in place that, to you, doesn't seem effective but works. What would you do?   Answer Question
    Private info, sorry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2U.

I interviewed at a unique time in the company. They have been growing extremely fast, so they needed to hire about 20 people. I had actually applied for another job in the company, but had gotten a call about admissions because I have admissions experience. The first step was to come in with a bunch of other applicants in one day. There were about 10 others there at the same time as I was. I ended up meeting with 3 people that day-one of the admissions counselors, one of the managers for the admissions program, and then a person from HR. It was definitely not efficient. I was asked the same questions, or at least a lot of similar questions by each person. And for a sales environment, I was surprised by how many closed ended questions there were (How do you feel about the no a**hole policy? How do you feel about wearing jeans to work? How do you feel about alcohol at work? etc.). Then, about 2 days after that, I got a call about doing a phone interview with one of the other managers. I was out of town at the time for about a week(bad timing on my part), but there was a perfect block of time where I could schedule the phone interview. Well, the day of the phone interview, I get a call about 10 minutes before it's supposed to happen from an HR person in their NYC office. They would prefer to do an in person interview rather than phone (so frustrating!). I was still out of town for several more days, so I had to wait until the beginning of the next week to go in. I went in the office and was given a tour of the place where if hired, I would be working. I then met with the other manager, who asked only about 3 formal job interview questions which were again, the same exact questions that I had been asked the other day. I also got to meet with 2 admissions counselors, just to pick their brains and find out more about the day to day work. They were very straightforward about letting us know that this is a sales job, and they were pretty open and honest about the company. Their interview process is definitely a little frustrating though.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared, at least for admissions jobs, to answer questions like "How would you sell ___ program?" and situational questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 2U.

Had a phone interview, and then came in for an in person interview. Never heard from anyone within the company after the in person interview. I emailed the recruiter who brought me in for the interview, but she never responded to my email. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What specific functions are you skilled with in Excel?   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 2U in October 2013.

Applied in early October, got an email setting up a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Phone interview went perfect and then she said that the recruiting office would be contacting me in about a week or so for an in person interview. SHE LIED! I never heard a word back from them and honestly Im pissed. I tried emailing her and contacting her and absolutely no response. How unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about wearing jeans in the work place?

Tell me why you are interested in this job?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 2U in October 2013.

Very flexible HR people, worked with my busy student schedule to fit in 2 interviews, phone and in person

Interview Questions
    • would you say you are more analytic or creative when it comes to solving problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 2U.

I found the job on a website. I applied and sent in my resume because it was close and the work was similar to other jobs I had performed in the past. I was very surprised to receive a phone interview within an hour. I environment was relaxed and the was even more surprised to be interviewed the following day with a Senior Director. The environment was relaxed and everyone that I met was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a tour of the company by my potential supervisor. He others of the value of our services?" Of course, I answered "yes". The response,"Great. Convince me right now."   View Answer
    There was none. Everyone started at the same pay for that position.