2Wire Interview Questions

2.6

2wire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2Wire.

I applied for this position by submitting a completed resume to Monster.com. I was contacted a short time later and came in for an interview. From what I remember, the hiring process was pretty smooth. You are required to pass a basic pc knowledge check, but that part of the process went pretty smoothly. I was also required to fill out basic paperwork common to any job and I believe a standard drug test and background check

Interview Questions
    • It was many years ago and to be honest, I am not sure what the interview covered   Answer Question
    They at that time started TIer 1 agents out at 12.00 per hour. There is not much room for negotiation in an entry level job.

SQA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 2Wire in February 2013.

one phone screen and one in person interview with a group of 4 engineers. It took over 3 minutes on the phone and over 3 hours with the group.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at 2Wire in July 2010.

The interview was a brief 15-30 minute face-to-face interview with a hiring manager. Before taking the interview, you are given a short quiz with questions of networking.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me the steps you would take to troubleshoot a bad internet connection?   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 2Wire in October 2007.

The process consisted of one on one interviews with cross functional department heads from VP of technology, marketing director, to engineering director. The questions ranged from technical questions on basic data communication to overview of the company future and strategy. The employees were reluctant to disclose main company challenges or the prospect of IPO. The decision making lies in a small secluded high executive power group.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 2Wire.

HR Call,telephonic intervew,face to face interview,short listing and lstly selection

no canhce to negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 2Wire in July 2010.

A recruiter contacted me by telephone. I explained that I wasn't interested, but he encouraged me to apply anyway. That led to contact with a recruiter who works directly for 2Wire. That phone conversation went something like this: "We're looking for someone with Tech Lead experience. We want to fill the position in two weeks." I responded that although I have some technical leadership experience, I haven't had that job title. I also explained that I wasn't really interested in leaving my current company, so the short time frame wouldn't really work for me. Surprisingly, I still got an in-person interview.

Things were going well with the first person I met with. At the end of our session he asked me if I had any questions. "How do you like working here?" I asked, figuring this was a common enough interviewee question. However, his response convinced me this was not a place I wanted to work. The second person came in, pointing to his watch, claiming that he was late for another meeting. He talked the entire 15 minutes, never asking me a question. Then he walked me out the door and I haven't heard from them again. Saved me the effort of turning them down.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at 2Wire in May 2010.

After being active on Careerbuilder for months and calling former associates, finally landed an interview for a temp job. Friends recommended me. I visited/interviewed with hiring manager for a specific temp. project. I believe they did me a favor as it was just a personality review, nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. I needed work.

Home Networking Tech Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 2Wire in November 2009.

Phone interview with recruiter
    Simple 10 question networking test
    1 on 1 interview with someone, I don't recall his position

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at 2Wire in October 2009.

You first get the call to come in and take the test, the test was both multiple choice and long written answer. asking stuff like how do you get to device manager, what is ipconfig etc... after you pass the test you get a one on one interview, which was quite an easy interview, they ask you some computer questions and if you miss them they say to just look it up. I messed up thought for sure I wasn't going to pass.(but I did) once I got on the floor and see some of my co-workers, seems like they'll hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation, just beware of Volt. they will LIE to you about the temp-hire process, makes it sound achievable but, they only hire like every year and only take the top 5-10% on the ladder. which is like 4-8 people.