3Com Interview Questions

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Week-end interview, it was very causal. Basic question about previous job experience in the resume. Interview was with 5 engineers and each interview was about one hour. There was a lunch interview for about an hour too. Offer was made at the end of the day.

Order Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3Com in April 2010.

Initial contact through a friend who worked at the company. Tried multiple times over many months to obtain an interview. Difficult to get past the HR department. Once I finally met the hiring manager things went more smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was with regard to experience with the multiple software applications that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 3Com in November 2009.

interview took about three days, after which I ended up not getting an offer. Lots of waisted time.

Customer Support Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3Com.

I knew of the temporary position through an agency.
    They tested my languages by writing letters in different languages and conversations in those languages, as well.
    The interview was easy. They were more interested in the level of languages.
    I had an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    There was no option to negotiate