3M Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.8

Sbd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus' online recruiting system (CV + cover letter), got a first round interview, attended the night prior (met most of the team - all of them were great), did well in the first round interview, was notified about the second/final round, prepared for that, and did better than I expected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

R&D Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Got the interview for a Engineer Career Fair. Was contacted via email 1-2 weeks later to schedule an interview.

Very standard big company interview. Consisted of mostly behavioral type questions. A lot of "Please give and example of when you...", "Tell me about yourself...", "Was there a time when...". Interviewer was nice and made the atmosphere very conversational.

Interview Questions

• If you could invent a product and it would be backed by a company, what steps would you take to make i successful?   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call ~15 minutes of basic experience questions. Onsite interview that lasted about 3 hours mostly showing around/lab walk through followed by session of detailed questions about resume and some hypothetical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just be ready for some problem solving and know your own resume backwards and forwards. There were some basic social interaction questions as well such as "How do you work with other people when you encounter a disagreement..."   1 Answer

Better offer from another company and they took too long. Total process from online submission to offer took ~2 months. Great group of people and great company, it was hard to turn down but money talks. The offer is also contingent upon drug screen and background check to be completed within 72 hours of offer acceptance.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for a position in the MVSS division. Had an on-site and was hired. Was furloughed 4 days after starting until after the holidays. During 6 month period, went through 3 cycles of layoffs

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my campus career fair and was contacted for an interview shortly after. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and went a little over. I was asked only behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and described some interesting projects he has worked on. I found out I had not advanced to the next round weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX).

Interview

Sorry years ago some of us got luck we got hired on the spot and we went through a week of training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't remember just glad to have been hired.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Got called through a third party consulting firm for an initial screening call. Interview went well and then called me for in person.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straightforward from my resume. There were three interviewers and everyone was polite and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I came in through a third party consulting firm, i would recommend to negotiate everything during the phone screening.

Communications Market Division Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. Just behavioral questions! He was a manger from the firm and he came to my campus and recruited. It was only one round of interview as it was just for an internship.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager, HR, and 5 of the 7 members of the operation committee.

Interview Questions

• How would I work with the previous position holder who was moving into a lateral position?   1 Answer