3M Interview Questions & Reviews in Austin, TX

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in May 2014.

Applied online, received phone call ~15 minutes of basic experience questions. Onsite interview that lasted about 3 hours mostly showing around/lab walk through followed by session of detailed questions about resume and some hypothetical problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just be ready for some problem solving and know your own resume backwards and forwards. There were some basic social interaction questions as well such as "How do you work with other people when you encounter a disagreement..."   View Answer

Better offer from another company and they took too long. Total process from online submission to offer took ~2 months. Great group of people and great company, it was hard to turn down but money talks. The offer is also contingent upon drug screen and background check to be completed within 72 hours of offer acceptance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

I met a recruiter at my campus career fair and was contacted for an interview shortly after. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and went a little over. I was asked only behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and described some interesting projects he has worked on. I found out I had not advanced to the next round weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a particularly interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interviewed with hiring manager, HR, and 5 of the 7 members of the operation committee.

Interview Questions
    • How would I work with the previous position holder who was moving into a lateral position?   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Got called through a third party consulting firm for an initial screening call. Interview went well and then called me for in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straightforward from my resume. There were three interviewers and everyone was polite and friendly.   Answer Question
    Since I came in through a third party consulting firm, i would recommend to negotiate everything during the phone screening.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at 3M.

Sorry years ago some of us got luck we got hired on the spot and we went through a week of training.

Interview Questions
    I don't remember just glad to have been hired.

Communications Market Division Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Interview was fairly simple. Just behavioral questions! He was a manger from the firm and he came to my campus and recruited. It was only one round of interview as it was just for an internship.

Interview Questions

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!