3M

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at my campus career fair and was contacted for an interview shortly after. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and went a little over. I was asked only behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and described some interesting projects he has worked on. I found out I had not advanced to the next round weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a particularly interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with hiring manager, HR, and 5 of the 7 members of the operation committee.

Interview Question – How would I work with the previous position holder who was moving into a lateral position?   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got called through a third party consulting firm for an initial screening call. Interview went well and then called me for in person.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty straightforward from my resume. There were three interviewers and everyone was polite and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I came in through a third party consulting firm, i would recommend to negotiate everything during the phone screening.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Sorry years ago some of us got luck we got hired on the spot and we went through a week of training.

Interview Question – Do we have enough technical support no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't remember just glad to have been hired.

Communications Market Division Intern Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly simple. Just behavioral questions! He was a manger from the firm and he came to my campus and recruited. It was only one round of interview as it was just for an internship.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M Videos

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees and interview candidates.