3M

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 3M in March 2014.

Applied via 3M's online application process. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from the department manager and set up an interview time for the following week after a brief chat focused on my resume, which seemed to have the core requirements for the position.

The interview was an informal sit down. I wore a suit, which was appropriate. Khakis and a tie may have been just as appropriate, given the very casual dress of most employees at their corporate headquarters (jeans and very worn 3M polo shirts).

As a recent college graduate, the interview started out with a review of High School activity involvement, progressing to college involvement and personal interests. It was more of a character interview and display of ease of communication with an unfamiliar party, as the position involved dealing with customer orders, exclusively on the phone.

The interviewer went on to describe the position in depth, then proceeded to ask questions regarding how my degree and work experiences would have prepared me for this position. The emphasis for this section of the interview would be clarity in communication. Straightforward and applicable information in clear conversational format was the desired response.

Feedback on the position was immediate, as no other candidates were in consideration. Each sales team leader will have their own format, this was an example of many hiring managers.

Interview Questions
  • No question stands out as being difficult, as the position deals with fairly straightforward tasks. The ultimate goal was to find a candidate with the proper character traits that fit the role of the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in September 2012.

One phone interview and then asked to go to a in person interview. The in person interview had five people in the interview. They started the interview by explaining more about the job and their work matrix. Questions asked during the interview were situational, be ready to provide the situation, your actions and results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in March 2010.

I had a 15 minute phone interview that was followed by an invitation to come to headquarters to have a 1:1 interview. I was then interviewed by a panel. 3 days later i was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    In my line of work, you take the offer that is given.