3M Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2014.

3 parts to the interview: 1. Came in and asked me a question about why a 4 bedroom apartment cost less than a 3 bedroom apartment with the same SF in both. 2. Gave me a series of math questions, all of which could be done in your head, just how quickly you could rifle them off, was the goal. 3. Business Model was given you needed to ask as many questions as you could about it to form a business solution toward the problem.

Interview Questions
  • Business Model was given you needed to ask as many questions as you could about it to form a business solution toward the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at 3M.

The interview process was very detailed and professional. It was frustrating applying online because you have no idea who is getting your email or if they even look at your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous manager say is your weakest attribute.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2009.

Very nice interviewer, but she did not contact me back to let me know there was no offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2009.

This was mostly a behavioral interview with the typical questions centered on my background and such. One financial question was just asked to describe the cash flow statement. I talked about the components of the CF statement and related it to net income from the income statement.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tel Aviv (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv (Israel)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M in July 2011.

3 interviews: with HR, direct manager and CFO. terms were later discussed over the phone with HR.

Interview Questions
    • describe obstacles you had to overcome in your previous job   Answer Question
    I was offered what I asked for, so no negotiations were neccessary

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!