3M

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews,

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Hiring Manager, several of their team members and a couple of peers. Interviews varied in quality from almost hostile (recruiter) to very professional. Didn't appear to have a structured interview approach and one of the interviewers seemed to be using me more to brainstorm some of her current challenges. This was not the experieince I was expecting from such a large well known and successful companyu as 3M and I decided before the interviews were complete that I wasn't interested in joining and I withdrew that day.

Interview Question – How would you fit into our culture?   View Answer

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details – I went through two phone interviews for the position, though was never invited in for a face to face interview. The company decided to not move forward with my candidacy because they needed someone with more technical experience than I had. The feedback was given to me in a timely and respectful way.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication with the recruiter was abrasive. In person most employees were kind and thoughtful of the process. The process was stressful as it involved 2 panels and 3 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – I received all the traditional questions.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!