3M Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

I had a phone interview screening, and then a couple months later an interview with a manager who would later become my boss at the internship. Although not the most expedient process, it was a summer internship that I was able to nail down by January or February so I am happy with the final outcome.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Very selective process for the Business Development Consultant position. There was a 40 minute case interview. Maybe just 5 minutes dedicated for a walk me through your resume question. The interviewer was very cold and not personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Two back to back half hour interviews, on campus recruiting with an info session the night before. It was mostly behavioral questions and a few technical ones about the financial statements. Asked a lot about decisions I have made in the past and the process I used to make them. Also asked about current financial events.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2014.

Interview

quite easy going, technical questions were asked too. Felt at ease, although it's apparent the interns would not get a specific experience. Other wise it was fairly relaxed. Oddly, not much was asked about my background; only a few technical questions were asked, and the remainder of the time focused on describing the position and the department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later. Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my campus career fair and was contacted for an interview shortly after. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and went a little over. I was asked only behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and described some interesting projects he has worked on. I found out I had not advanced to the next round weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Be sure to go to your school's career fair and NETWORK! Show interest in the company in addition to having a strong GPA and solid resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to complete something   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

I first interviewed with a recruiter on campus first. He went over basic questions of group projects, multitasking, problem solving. I was contact about a week later to set up an interview with a group manager over the phone. I talked with two people in the group for the phone interview. They basically informed me more about the company and what the position would consists of and what my background knowledge concerning the things they introduced to me were.