3M

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at my campus career fair and was contacted for an interview shortly after. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and went a little over. I was asked only behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and described some interesting projects he has worked on. I found out I had not advanced to the next round weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a particularly interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later.
Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills

Interview Question – If you could invent anything, what would it be?   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed at 3M in November 2012.

Interview Details – Be sure to go to your school's career fair and NETWORK!

Show interest in the company in addition to having a strong GPA and solid resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed to complete something   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2009.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with a recruiter on campus first. He went over basic questions of group projects, multitasking, problem solving. I was contact about a week later to set up an interview with a group manager over the phone. I talked with two people in the group for the phone interview. They basically informed me more about the company and what the position would consists of and what my background knowledge concerning the things they introduced to me were.

Interview Question – If you could invent something, what would it be?   Answer Question

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 phase of interview. First one was with HR and standard questions as why 3M, what is your expectations etc. Second one was with the marketing director and marketing coordinator. Told me about projects and asked questions to determine if I fit one of them.

Interview Question – standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good salary for internship period

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Company contacted me after 3 weeks of submitting my resume. The telephone interview consisted of usual queastion, just going through my resume.

Interview Question – Usual questions   Answer Question

Vienna (Austria)

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – 1. application submission
2. assessment center with a case study and presentation
3. personal interview

Interview Question – Business case: market entry of new product line   Answer Question

Intern
Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in July 2012.

Interview Details – It is not difficult, people only need to be calm and try not to freak out.
If someone ask you something, answer the truth. If you lie for some reason, you will get caught.

Interview Question – What are your worst cons?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus. Lasted about 1.5 hours. Questions were pretty straight forward, basically all fit questions such as 'tell me a situation in which you...'. The interviewer did refer to my resume and asked for past experiences. Overall good experience, but my guess is they did not extend an offer because I needed sponsorship for visa.

Interview Question – i see that u lost 0.02 points in your gpa. tell me where did that go?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email to setup an informal discussion. Lasted an hour. Got offered the position 3 days later.

Interview Question – Discussed my past work experiences.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!