3M Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

O2 Engineer Interview

Interview

Hired out of the intern program. There was an interview with the hiring manager as well as the engineers within the group. Overall the process was pretty informal. I found out the day after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• When did you have conflict in the workplace and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

It's was easy. No technical questions at all. The manager didn't seem to know much about software development cycle. And the interview was awfully easy. The process was quick. I got almost hired on the spot.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 7 individuals in Austin, TX for approximately 45-60 min/ each. They did not offer any food or water during that time. I was starving and got a massive headache afterwards.

Interview Questions

• i talked to people from different departments. The interview questions were related to marketing, engineering, sales operation, division VP.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Invent a new future case competition, taking a very broad question and finding a solution that will benefit the company while learning how to work in a large group of teammates. Once you have a plan then you and your team have to present the case and your recommendation to a panel of judges. Purpose is to create team work, challenge your business skills and see how you manage under stress.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, asked a colleague who I could pre-inteview with or who would know more about the position, reached out to the person via email and met that day. We got together for thirty minutes. I asked him how long he was in the position, his background and the position available. It was helpful to hear the background of the position and where it is heading. I had a phone interview with hiring manager and then heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Have you ever supervised? How do you project manage?   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cynthiana, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Cynthiana, KY).

Interview

Modified STAR type interview. Panels of management asking typical situation hiring questions that did not include actual skills. Very generic. Each of the questions are handed to the interviewers and there is no real free-form style of interviewing. They ask generic question, you answer. And it has the "tell me about yourself" open ended at the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• Define a time that you had conflict with another employee and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Hourly pay.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was about one hour long with the supervisor for the position. Probably one third of this time was the applicant talking and the other two thirds was a tour of the lab and description of activities you'd be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation if something in the lab didn't turn out as planned?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on line for a New England Regional Sales Managers position. The first interaction with 3m was via e-mail to set up a 30 to 40 min phone interview with the local HR Manager. From there I was asked to meet with the Regional VP and had a total 2 Interviews, however salary was well below my current earnings.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Entry level engineer position at 3M. Usually consist of an on-campus interview and/or a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a management interview, a peer interview, and a tour of the manufacturing location. Depending on the location, a lunch "interview" and tour of the surrounding area will occur afterwards. The O2 on-site interviews follow a standardized list of questions. This means that if you interview at more than one location, you'll get the same questions at both places. There are no trick questions and no technical questions that I can remember. Each interview lasts about an hour. Tips: Show up on-time and ready to go. Remember that everything done on-site is part of the interview (i.e. how you act at lunch and on the tours can impact whether an offer is made).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: "Describe so-and-so...", "Name a time that you...", "Where do you see yourself in..."   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30-40 min where they want you to describe yourself. Why should 3M consider bring you in as a potential intern? 3M also wants to know have you displayed leadership roles on your campus, have you been involved in different organizations across campus? What positions did you have?

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with six sigma?   1 Answer