3M Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30-40 min where they want you to describe yourself. Why should 3M consider bring you in as a potential intern? 3M also wants to know have you displayed leadership roles on your campus, have you been involved in different organizations across campus? What positions did you have?

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with six sigma?   1 Answer

Production Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Cynthiana, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

Take an assessment test. A mechanical and comprehensive. Based on the outcome,of the test will determine if you get an interview or not. I took the test yesterday (4/08), in was nnotified the following day that I had passed the exam. Got an in person interview on 4/08.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview process was based on a career fair meet and greet. Essentially what they do is sit you down and find out as much information about you as they can, so they can sell you to the hiring managers who ultimately do the real interview process. You tell them about your experiences and what you can bring to the company. It's a very laid back process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with this company. (open ended)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

I had a phone interview screening, and then a couple months later an interview with a manager who would later become my boss at the internship. Although not the most expedient process, it was a summer internship that I was able to nail down by January or February so I am happy with the final outcome.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

long. recruiter took a long time to respond to emails and such. I had to email him to get any idea of what the next step in the hiring process was. apply --> phone call --> emails --> no offer

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume? what are your plans for the future? what do you know about 3M?   Answer Question

O2 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Interview

Typical 30 minute phone interview, asked questions about resume and past work experience. It was very similar in questioning to other interviews. Lady who did the interviewing was very nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview used to screen candidates. Talent Acquisition was looking to pare down candidates before face to face interviews in Maplewood. First step involved a questionnaire. Talent Acquisition called for a 30 minute interview. A second call from the hiring manager followed later the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current position and role within the company   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions

• describe your collaborations

do you have any problem initiating collaborations

what makes a good innovator/inventor

what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition

who is an innovating inspiration for you and why

describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that

what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others

Answer Question