3M Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 3M (Austin, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 7 individuals in Austin, TX for approximately 45-60 min/ each. They did not offer any food or water during that time. I was starving and got a massive headache afterwards.

Interview Questions

• i talked to people from different departments. The interview questions were related to marketing, engineering, sales operation, division VP.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Invent a new future case competition, taking a very broad question and finding a solution that will benefit the company while learning how to work in a large group of teammates. Once you have a plan then you and your team have to present the case and your recommendation to a panel of judges. Purpose is to create team work, challenge your business skills and see how you manage under stress.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was about one hour long with the supervisor for the position. Probably one third of this time was the applicant talking and the other two thirds was a tour of the lab and description of activities you'd be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation if something in the lab didn't turn out as planned?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on line for a New England Regional Sales Managers position. The first interaction with 3m was via e-mail to set up a 30 to 40 min phone interview with the local HR Manager. From there I was asked to meet with the Regional VP and had a total 2 Interviews, however salary was well below my current earnings.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Entry level engineer position at 3M. Usually consist of an on-campus interview and/or a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a management interview, a peer interview, and a tour of the manufacturing location. Depending on the location, a lunch "interview" and tour of the surrounding area will occur afterwards. The O2 on-site interviews follow a standardized list of questions. This means that if you interview at more than one location, you'll get the same questions at both places. There are no trick questions and no technical questions that I can remember. Each interview lasts about an hour. Tips: Show up on-time and ready to go. Remember that everything done on-site is part of the interview (i.e. how you act at lunch and on the tours can impact whether an offer is made).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: "Describe so-and-so...", "Name a time that you...", "Where do you see yourself in..."   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30-40 min where they want you to describe yourself. Why should 3M consider bring you in as a potential intern? 3M also wants to know have you displayed leadership roles on your campus, have you been involved in different organizations across campus? What positions did you have?

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with six sigma?   1 Answer

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cynthiana, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Cynthiana, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

Take an assessment test. A mechanical and comprehensive. Based on the outcome,of the test will determine if you get an interview or not. I took the test yesterday (4/08), in was nnotified the following day that I had passed the exam. Got an in person interview on 4/08.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview process was based on a career fair meet and greet. Essentially what they do is sit you down and find out as much information about you as they can, so they can sell you to the hiring managers who ultimately do the real interview process. You tell them about your experiences and what you can bring to the company. It's a very laid back process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with this company. (open ended)   Answer Question

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

I had a phone interview screening, and then a couple months later an interview with a manager who would later become my boss at the internship. Although not the most expedient process, it was a summer internship that I was able to nail down by January or February so I am happy with the final outcome.