3M Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I had a phone interview screening, and then a couple months later an interview with a manager who would later become my boss at the internship. Although not the most expedient process, it was a summer internship that I was able to nail down by January or February so I am happy with the final outcome.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

long. recruiter took a long time to respond to emails and such. I had to email him to get any idea of what the next step in the hiring process was. apply --> phone call --> emails --> no offer

Interview Questions
    • walk me through your resume? what are your plans for the future? what do you know about 3M?   Answer Question

O2 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Typical 30 minute phone interview, asked questions about resume and past work experience. It was very similar in questioning to other interviews. Lady who did the interviewing was very nice and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past work experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Phone Interview used to screen candidates. Talent Acquisition was looking to pare down candidates before face to face interviews in Maplewood. First step involved a questionnaire. Talent Acquisition called for a 30 minute interview. A second call from the hiring manager followed later the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your current position and role within the company   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions
    • describe your collaborations

do you have any problem initiating collaborations

what makes a good innovator/inventor

what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition

who is an innovating inspiration for you and why

describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that

what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others

Answer Question

Sbd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

I applied through my campus' online recruiting system (CV + cover letter), got a first round interview, attended the night prior (met most of the team - all of them were great), did well in the first round interview, was notified about the second/final round, prepared for that, and did better than I expected.

Software Quality Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Odessa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Applied online directly on company website. Got phone screening interview in 4 days. After that on second day got HR interview with panel of 2 and after that Technical interview with panel of 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • Funny thing. There was NO technical question at all other than general queries. Technical questions are a necessity in this interview. I was surprised. I did not ask on their face as I did not want them to feel insulted about that. And what if they hire me without asking technical question and this may become blockade in career. Other than that overall company is good as I know.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

Hit it off with a rep at a national career fair. The rep and i discussed medical devices and she passed me onto another rep. This next rep signed me up for an interview with the 02 Intern program, which I had not properly read up on. Interview was to take place a few hours later, and I had another interview before it that I was prepping for, so I neglected to read much about 3M's 02 intern program.

My interviewer was admittedly cranky because she hadn't eaten lunch. She was abrupt and unpleasant. She stopped me mid-interview to tell me that I should have read up better on the position she was interviewing for. It was not a fun interview. Largely my own fault. Though I never want to interview with anyone with this woman's disposition again, even if I am properly prepared and qualified.