3M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2010.

recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

I have had two phone interviews, one face-to-fce interview with a Sales Director, and one final presentation interview with the VP and Sales Director.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took 4 days - interviewed at 3M in February 2009.

initial communication - phone
     planning of the interview very organized

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2009.

Scored the interview through my school. Consuisted of first a group interview that was fairly informal and went well. Followed this up with a series of written test on skills, apptitude, and knowledge. The final round was a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tells about a weakness that aaplies to this job?   Answer Question
    First job out of school and did not negotiate.

Research Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M in December 2010.

They are a great organization, and have very good people. They made all candidates feel very comfortable throughout the interview process. It is a great place to work with an excellent work culture and great research environment. The hiring process consisted of a 1:1 interview followed by a phone interview, followed by a site visit and presentation to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the relevance of your undergraduate summer research to this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M.

Hiring process can take up to three months, including apptitude tests. Went through 2 phone interviews and one face-to-face interview before going to the headquarters for interviews with four senior managers. Then I spent a day in the field with one of the top sales reps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you turned around a difficult customer.   View Answer
    They offered me a salary lower than i was making stating that the company car was wortha certian amount of money. I was naive enough to accept the lower offer, which I regret to this day. I was too young to know how to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2010.

Four hours of interviews with five people followed by four hours of sales aptitude testing, personality testing, drug testing, and intelligence testing. Part of this is to determine what you are like throughout a full days work, not simply an hour face to face meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you built with your hands?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interviewed with hiring manager, HR, and 5 of the 7 members of the operation committee.

Interview Questions
    • How would I work with the previous position holder who was moving into a lateral position?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2008.

Interview process started with phone interview then 3 seperate 1 on 1 interviews. Questions were primarily situational and tell me about a time when... it took about a week to hear back with an offer. the offer was very competitive however you are expected to be willing to be placed anywhere throughout the country.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you took lead on a project...   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Questions
    One step negotiation was possible

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!