3M

Getting the Interview

189 candidate interviews

Engineering Interview

Saint Paul, MN

The process took 4 days - interviewed at 3M in February 2009.

Interview Details – initial communication - phone
 planning of the interview very organized

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details – I have had two phone interviews, one face-to-fce interview with a Sales Director, and one final presentation interview with the VP and Sales Director.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2010.

Interview Details – recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Interview Question – are you willing to give up your personal life?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from consultant, attended the telephonic interview, got a schedule for personal interview & then one more round of technical interview with site manager & then finally with a VP then negotiation & offer letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One step negotiation was possible

Research Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M in December 2010.

Interview Details – They are a great organization, and have very good people. They made all candidates feel very comfortable throughout the interview process. It is a great place to work with an excellent work culture and great research environment. The hiring process consisted of a 1:1 interview followed by a phone interview, followed by a site visit and presentation to the team.

Interview Question – Describe the relevance of your undergraduate summer research to this position   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2009.

Interview Details – Scored the interview through my school. Consuisted of first a group interview that was fairly informal and went well. Followed this up with a series of written test on skills, apptitude, and knowledge. The final round was a one on one interview.

Interview Question – Can you tells about a weakness that aaplies to this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First job out of school and did not negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at 3M in February 2009.

Interview Details – 10 weeks.........don't hold your breath.
HR was toughest.
Be willing to further your education.

Interview Question – describe your work week.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer came right to the penny.Pretty simple.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Saint Paul, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went in to an on-campus interview. I went to a pre-night where three employees/interviewers gave a presentation on the interview and internship process at 3M. Although the interview wasn't extremely hard, they did ask questions that kept me on my toes. Make sure you are up-to-date on all of the companies operations.

SBD Internship Interview

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 on-campus interviews. First was 1:1 behavioral and case-based. Cases were more like short-answers than a full blown case interview. Second was a full case and was with two members from the company. Cases were about products at the company and based on marketing mix type questions. Overall it was a pretty fun series of interviews. I kept getting dragged on through the follow-up process and ultimately never heard back from the company. Kind of annoying...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered a barrier and had to overcome it   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Inter Interview

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2012.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Since 66% of our business is done outside of the United States, what happens to our income statement when the US Dollar appreciates value?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M Videos

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M interview questions and advice. All 189 interview reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees and interview candidates.