3M

199 candidate interviews

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide

Interview Details – quick and easy 1 on 1

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with standard C Programming and / or with embedded technologies?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Vienna (Austria)

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – 1. application submission
2. assessment center with a case study and presentation
3. personal interview

Interview Question – Business case: market entry of new product line   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – They did not give us a lot of information. Basically, you have the first interview and wait to hear if you get second rounds.

Interview Question – Take me through the financial thought process of valuing an SBU.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I had one interview through my University. It was not a structured interview as I had practised so many times before. It was like an informal conversation.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – I was called to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer seemed like she already knew who she was going to give the job to. I sent a thank you letter after interview nonetheless. I sent follow up email after 2 weeks without a response. After a month, I called the interview and got to speak with her after several attempts. I asked for an update and she was like, didn't you get the rejection letter? okay I'll have it sent to you. yup

Interview Question – I don't remember any tricky questions. Most of the interview was going through my resume   Answer Question

Market Developer Interview

Market Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really good. They called me on December for the first interview thorough a headhunter and after the interview with the 3M team. The only think is that it took a lot of time to conclude, they called me on July.

Interview Question – I had no difficult cuestion, but to explain large cases.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – The interview process was professional but still friendly. I was taken to the on site Walmart showroom and asked a variety of experience based questions. They were thorough with my resume and were interested to learn. In the end they went with a candidate with more experience but I am thankful for the interview process. I feel like I gained a lot.

Interview Question – Who is your role model?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – basic coding questions and soft skill questions, focus on not only the results, but how you try to solve the problem and thinking behind. Tired.

Interview Question – why you want to join?   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Senior Research Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Received opening info from an alumnus. Sent my resume. 3 rounds of interview. One over phone, two over Skype.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I did not apply to 3M. I was contacted by their HR department and invited in for an interview in spite of the fact that I was not looking for a job. Prior to the interview, I received a few confusing calls and emails that seemed to be random or directed to someone else. Prior to coming in, a manager called me to ask for another interview on the same day I was coming in, not knowing that one was already scheduled. I arrived for the interview to find that the position they spoke to me about was already filled. I was kept waiting and did not meet the manager I was scheduled to meet. Instead, I met another manager from another department who talked to me about a different role (less senior). This second manager had not seen my CV and did not know my name. When I asked to leave, I was interviewed by a more senior manager who also did not know my name and was completely confused about my job experience. She also mentioned that this was my third interview and that I had done well in the first two, although this was the first time I ever stepped into the 3M office and had not had any phone interviews. She finally told me that I was overqualified but welcome to the junior role if I wanted it. I left and did not reply to any further emails from them. I found their process extremely unprofessional and disrespectful, especially since I never applied to the company in the first place.

Interview Question – None. There was no structure or preparation for the interview at all.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M Videos

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M interview questions and advice. All 199 interview reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees and interview candidates.