3M

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.7

Technical Aide Interview

quick and easy 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with standard C Programming and / or with embedded technologies?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

1. application submission
    2. assessment center with a case study and presentation
    3. personal interview

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 3M.

They did not give us a lot of information. Basically, you have the first interview and wait to hear if you get second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Take me through the financial thought process of valuing an SBU.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

I had one interview through my University. It was not a structured interview as I had practised so many times before. It was like an informal conversation.

None

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I was called to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer seemed like she already knew who she was going to give the job to. I sent a thank you letter after interview nonetheless. I sent follow up email after 2 weeks without a response. After a month, I called the interview and got to speak with her after several attempts. I asked for an update and she was like, didn't you get the rejection letter? okay I'll have it sent to you. yup

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any tricky questions. Most of the interview was going through my resume   Answer Question

Market Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

The hiring process was really good. They called me on December for the first interview thorough a headhunter and after the interview with the 3M team. The only think is that it took a lot of time to conclude, they called me on July.

Interview Questions
    • I had no difficult cuestion, but to explain large cases.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

The interview process was professional but still friendly. I was taken to the on site Walmart showroom and asked a variety of experience based questions. They were thorough with my resume and were interested to learn. In the end they went with a candidate with more experience but I am thankful for the interview process. I feel like I gained a lot.

Analyst Interview

basic coding questions and soft skill questions, focus on not only the results, but how you try to solve the problem and thinking behind. Tired.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

Received opening info from an alumnus. Sent my resume. 3 rounds of interview. One over phone, two over Skype.

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

I did not apply to 3M. I was contacted by their HR department and invited in for an interview in spite of the fact that I was not looking for a job. Prior to the interview, I received a few confusing calls and emails that seemed to be random or directed to someone else. Prior to coming in, a manager called me to ask for another interview on the same day I was coming in, not knowing that one was already scheduled. I arrived for the interview to find that the position they spoke to me about was already filled. I was kept waiting and did not meet the manager I was scheduled to meet. Instead, I met another manager from another department who talked to me about a different role (less senior). This second manager had not seen my CV and did not know my name. When I asked to leave, I was interviewed by a more senior manager who also did not know my name and was completely confused about my job experience. She also mentioned that this was my third interview and that I had done well in the first two, although this was the first time I ever stepped into the 3M office and had not had any phone interviews. She finally told me that I was overqualified but welcome to the junior role if I wanted it. I left and did not reply to any further emails from them. I found their process extremely unprofessional and disrespectful, especially since I never applied to the company in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • None. There was no structure or preparation for the interview at all.   Answer Question