3M Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Entry level engineer position at 3M. Usually consist of an on-campus interview and/or a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a management interview, a peer interview, and a tour of the manufacturing location. Depending on the location, a lunch "interview" and tour of the surrounding area will occur afterwards.

The O2 on-site interviews follow a standardized list of questions. This means that if you interview at more than one location, you'll get the same questions at both places. There are no trick questions and no technical questions that I can remember. Each interview lasts about an hour.

Tips:
    Show up on-time and ready to go.
    Remember that everything done on-site is part of the interview (i.e. how you act at lunch and on the tours can impact whether an offer is made).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: "Describe so-and-so...", "Name a time that you...", "Where do you see yourself in..."   1 Answer

Manager Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Bangalore (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

3 rounds of interview very professional. Not hard to break gave examples (live) while discussions were on; was on or before time. I have a very good exposure and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know FCPA? How do you handle an a tricky ethical situation -- explain with an example   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Vienna (Austria)).

Interview

Average interview questions you would expect at an interview with two a recruiter and your potential supervisor. It took about half an hour. As it was only for a 6 month internship, they asked quite a lot about my plans after the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, tell me more about your expierences, why should we take you, ...   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30-40 min where they want you to describe yourself. Why should 3M consider bring you in as a potential intern? 3M also wants to know have you displayed leadership roles on your campus, have you been involved in different organizations across campus? What positions did you have?

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with six sigma?   1 Answer

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cynthiana, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Cynthiana, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

Take an assessment test. A mechanical and comprehensive. Based on the outcome,of the test will determine if you get an interview or not. I took the test yesterday (4/08), in was nnotified the following day that I had passed the exam. Got an in person interview on 4/08.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Very intimidating. You show up to the interview with 3 or 4 people applying for the same position the process last an entire day. You tour the facility, get an overview, have lunch and meet with several different people.

Interview Questions

• Basis Accounting/Finance questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I sort of got a take it or leave it offer. No chance to negotiate. However, the offer met and exceeded my expectation.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The interview process was based on a career fair meet and greet. Essentially what they do is sit you down and find out as much information about you as they can, so they can sell you to the hiring managers who ultimately do the real interview process. You tell them about your experiences and what you can bring to the company. It's a very laid back process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with this company. (open ended)   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

My brother had the same position before me. It was just a phone interview with the 4 researchers and the supervision. I did have some trouble with some paperwork. I didn't go to school in the same city as the main campus. I had to do a drug test in the city I lived in. They lost the drug test so I wasn't able to start work until I did another test.

Interview Questions

• Questions about highschool employment, what qualities that I developed through it, school experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in February 2011.

Interview

This was a full day of interviews with very friendsly people at the corporate headquarters and a very enjoyable experience. tehg flight back hoime was very fun too. I got the job. The xpereicne was positive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.