3M

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.7

Operations Optimization Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

One-day interview at the plant location. Multiple candidates were interviewed in a day, 3 on my day. We met the hiring manager at the hotel, who led us to the plant and there was a 3-legged interview process: behavioral interview, peer interview, and a plant tour. Then, we toured the small town where the plant is and had lunch. Then we were free to leave for the day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you saw on your plant tour that you think could be improved?   Answer Question

The town was too small for me.

R&D Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M in October 2014.

Met at a career fair then fallowed up with an on campus interview within a week. Hope for another round of interviews should hear from them again in a few months. Interviewer was interested in independent study (research projects) that I've been working on. Talked about patent that each of us are developing and the difficulties around that.

Senior Electronic Materials Engineer Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

I had the interview on campus. 3M organized an info session the night before the interview day. During the interview, the recruiter asked me to introduce myself and to talk about the projects that I have done in the past. The interview itself is a good experience, however, I haven't got any feedback from them after more than two month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly on the projects that I have done.   Answer Question

PhD Materials Scientist-University Recruiting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2014.

Applied through university career fair and got an 30 minutes on-campus interview. After a brief self-introduction, the recruiter mainly focused on behavioral questions in regard of my problem solving and communication skills. Then, there was a question section for me to ask about the company and potential positions. Then, being told that they will bring back evaluation feedback to the hiring manager and will notify us if being selected.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any moment or examples that you are really curious about something?   Answer Question

(Graduate Degree) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

I initially had talked with 3M at my college career fair where I spoke directly to a member that suited my specific degree requirements. The process took less than 2 month for an initial meet (career fair), 2 interviews and 1 phone interview. Most questions were geared towards what I would like to do and selling my self on what I can do. I would like to note that the interviewer also liked how I had broad experience where all my skills set would work well with the company's focus and research areas. The interviewer said that sometimes as graduates student, we have experience that pigeon holes up to one specific area but a good background of experience that is broad but related is great.

Interviews were very relaxed, just like any other interview. They just asked me about my resume, what I learned, have I ever dealt with difficult people, and how I responded in different working environments.

Interview Questions
    • What would I give as advice to younger engineers (specifically girls) to get them more involved in engineering (related to my volunteer work)?

What did I learn in the process of completing my Master's that I could take with me as I work for a company and a research team?
        Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in April 2014.

Basic Interview. General questions asked related to the profile offered. As the profile was related to market research i was asked questions on same and also I was briefed about what exactly the profile and work was and how was I supposed to accomplish it..

Sales Interview

Casual 3 interviews where you would go from person to person with 3 different people within the division you want to go in. You go in and have a tour as well of the amazing facilities and really enjoy iy

Interview Questions

Did not want to relocate

Senior Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

They asked many technical questions and asked me to present my research for about 25 min. Then they asked regular behavior questions such like collaboration and leader ship experiences. After the interview, if they are interested in you, they will make a follow up phone interview with you and enter you into their "rapid recruiting" process, which is an on-site interview lasting a few days.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

on campus interview. My interviewer is a phd. He is very gentlemen. He talked a little bit about the culture and experience of 3M. His question is mainly basic behavior questions, like what's your career goal? What's your biggest accomplishment? Went through the resume, and asked details about my intern and projects.

R&D Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M in October 2014.

Got the interview for a Engineer Career Fair. Was contacted via email 1-2 weeks later to schedule an interview.

Very standard big company interview. Consisted of mostly behavioral type questions. A lot of "Please give and example of when you...", "Tell me about yourself...", "Was there a time when...". Interviewer was nice and made the atmosphere very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • If you could invent a product and it would be backed by a company, what steps would you take to make i successful?   Answer Question