3M Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.7

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions

• describe your collaborations

do you have any problem initiating collaborations

what makes a good innovator/inventor

what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition

who is an innovating inspiration for you and why

describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that

what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others

Answer Question

Sbd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus' online recruiting system (CV + cover letter), got a first round interview, attended the night prior (met most of the team - all of them were great), did well in the first round interview, was notified about the second/final round, prepared for that, and did better than I expected.

Software Quality Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M (Odessa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online directly on company website. Got phone screening interview in 4 days. After that on second day got HR interview with panel of 2 and after that Technical interview with panel of 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Funny thing. There was NO technical question at all other than general queries. Technical questions are a necessity in this interview. I was surprised. I did not ask on their face as I did not want them to feel insulted about that. And what if they hire me without asking technical question and this may become blockade in career. Other than that overall company is good as I know.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

Hit it off with a rep at a national career fair. The rep and i discussed medical devices and she passed me onto another rep. This next rep signed me up for an interview with the 02 Intern program, which I had not properly read up on. Interview was to take place a few hours later, and I had another interview before it that I was prepping for, so I neglected to read much about 3M's 02 intern program.

My interviewer was admittedly cranky because she hadn't eaten lunch. She was abrupt and unpleasant. She stopped me mid-interview to tell me that I should have read up better on the position she was interviewing for. It was not a fun interview. Largely my own fault. Though I never want to interview with anyone with this woman's disposition again, even if I am properly prepared and qualified.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Very selective process for the Business Development Consultant position. There was a 40 minute case interview. Maybe just 5 minutes dedicated for a walk me through your resume question. The interviewer was very cold and not personable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in January 2015.

Interview

started off with an online application. they replied back a few months later with an email. then came a phone interview with 3 people and that was followed by another interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Interview

One-day interview at the plant location. Multiple candidates were interviewed in a day, 3 on my day. We met the hiring manager at the hotel, who led us to the plant and there was a 3-legged interview process: behavioral interview, peer interview, and a plant tour. Then, we toured the small town where the plant is and had lunch. Then we were free to leave for the day.

Interview Questions

• What is something you saw on your plant tour that you think could be improved?   Answer Question

The town was too small for me.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Phone interview with an HR person then in person interview. I did not get offered a position, but the people who I interacted with were very nice and professional! They were my very first interviews ever and they helped make me feel more comfortable (as comfortable as possible for your very first interviews that is).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project or experience you have had in school that interests you and relates to this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I had the interview on campus. 3M organized an info session the night before the interview day. During the interview, the recruiter asked me to introduce myself and to talk about the projects that I have done in the past. The interview itself is a good experience, however, I haven't got any feedback from them after more than two month.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly on the projects that I have done.   Answer Question