3M

199 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly about the research I have been doing in my home university.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Technical Service Specialist
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then All day interview: Give a 45 minute presentation to a group of 10 people, interview individually with marketing manager, supervisor, department manager, lab manager, director, and clinical supervisor; interview with a group/panel interview (4-7 people who will be your co-workers)

Interview Question – If you were able to invent something to make your life easier or the patient's life easier what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they have a salary range that they are allowed to offer; they will offer at the lower end of that range so ask to increase the salary.

Laboratory Technical Aide Interview

Laboratory Technical Aide

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2010.

Interview Details – My resume was given directly to the hiring manager. This helped TREMENDOUSLY. Would definitely not have gotten the job through the regular HR process.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Applications Development Specialist Interview

Senior Applications Development Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met future colleague at a conference. Interview was scheduled quickly, was very thorough full day, commitment to making an offer the same day.

Interview Question – A technical/financial question regarding market potential for application of a new product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was easy, I had the experience and contacts they were needing.

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview. At the end of this interview I was invited for an interview at the St. Paul campus. The interview was very laid back and friendly. I spoke with the hiring manager one on one for about 30 minutes mainly talking about my interests and strengths. I met for a group interview with about 6 people and presented some of my past work. At the end of the interview I was offered the job after the group had discussed in private.

Interview Question – I was asked a few detailed questions about the projects I presented (computer code syntax, design choices, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase for a tech aide position at 3M. Don't try to negotiate.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in December 2013.

Interview Details – Start with on-campus interview, which was more general and more about spreading the message that 3M does Rapid Recruiting every December (so wait for that). Later got a phone call asking me to apply for the online position starting with "RR" (for Rapid Recruiting), and got the on-site invitation after two days. The on-site interview was very fun, well organized and very impressive. It somewhat feels like a conference since I got to meet other candidates (non-competitive) and listen to their presentations. Got the offer one day after the interview.

Interview Question – What do you see you can contribute to the company, given all the information you have collected? (has to talk about detailed ideas)   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got called through a third party consulting firm for an initial screening call. Interview went well and then called me for in person.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty straightforward from my resume. There were three interviewers and everyone was polite and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I came in through a third party consulting firm, i would recommend to negotiate everything during the phone screening.

Production Interview

Production
Wausau, WI

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – Professional but had way too many candidates applying for a few positions.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you are a good fit here?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – Well rounded interview, high knowledge of technologies

Interview Question – None, all questions are as it should be and expected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Packaging Graphics Analyst Interview

Packaging Graphics Analyst
Maplewood, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got an interview scheduled through my temp agency. It was kind of short notice (two days). The person I interviewed with was very nice, very personable. She asked my about my background. I went thought my education and job experience. I did most of the talking. I made sure to read the job description before-hand and explain how my previous job history and skills transferred to the position I was applying for. Once the interview was winding down, we talked about our background, where we're originally from, and even joked around a bit.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. I just had to make sure I explained why I deserved the position and why I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was done through a temp agency, salary was already negotiated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M