3M

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.7

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Met them at career fair and got a phone call the next day. It was a 30 min interview that dealt with basic questions ranging from why I wanted to join 3M to what I could contribute. Also, they asked me what I knew about the position. I was even asked how I dealt with a conflict.

Chemical Engineer Interview

I got a campus interview when I was in graduate school. But I only have a master degree, I feel like they much more prefer to hire PHD students. A lot of questions about previous researches and it would help a lot if you have publications

R&D Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M in October 2014.

Got the interview for a Engineer Career Fair. Was contacted via email 1-2 weeks later to schedule an interview.

Very standard big company interview. Consisted of mostly behavioral type questions. A lot of "Please give and example of when you...", "Tell me about yourself...", "Was there a time when...". Interviewer was nice and made the atmosphere very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • If you could invent a product and it would be backed by a company, what steps would you take to make i successful?   Answer Question

R&D Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at 3M in October 2014.

Met at a career fair then fallowed up with an on campus interview within a week. Hope for another round of interviews should hear from them again in a few months. Interviewer was interested in independent study (research projects) that I've been working on. Talked about patent that each of us are developing and the difficulties around that.

Research Scientist Interview

On campus interview, met for one hour with a recruiter. Usually a pre-requisite before rapid recruiting on site. Recruiter described interview process pretty well, and explained different positions. Then we talked about research for a bit, and ended with some questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were able to obtain buy-in from others.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2014.

quite easy going, technical questions were asked too. Felt at ease, although it's apparent the interns would not get a specific experience. Other wise it was fairly relaxed. Oddly, not much was asked about my background; only a few technical questions were asked, and the remainder of the time focused on describing the position and the department.

O2 Program Interview

interviewed at 3M in September 2014.

Very casual on campus interview. I applied through campus recruiting and half of the interview was just discussing what the job entailed, and where there were openings. The downside is that you have to apply after the interview a separate time to the various plants you'd like to work at. The time can vary depending on the need.

PhD Materials Scientist-University Recruiting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M in September 2014.

Applied through university career fair and got an 30 minutes on-campus interview. After a brief self-introduction, the recruiter mainly focused on behavioral questions in regard of my problem solving and communication skills. Then, there was a question section for me to ask about the company and potential positions. Then, being told that they will bring back evaluation feedback to the hiring manager and will notify us if being selected.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any moment or examples that you are really curious about something?   Answer Question

3m Frontline Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Conversation with program head and school specific recruiter, mostly conversational. Talked about interests and career goals to determine fit with the open 3m positions. Not too difficult an interview. 3m is a big company and there are many opportunities, so if you talk about what you are truly interested in, chances are this is something in 3m that fits those interests. Be yourself and be friendly and enthusiastic.