3M

199 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later.
Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills

Interview Question – If you could invent anything, what would it be?   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – One interview with the manager who oversaw my work for my duration with the company

Director of Quality Interview

Director of Quality
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Process commenced with a 1.5 hr interview with the hiring and HR managers. Questions were status quo focused on people management experiences and technical aspects related to QMS implementation/maintenance.
On-site interview was held over an eight hour period with HR, hiring, and production managers. Standard questions about background and experience with a 1 hr HR type exam that included some elementary technical questions. Received a tentative offer the day after the interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were asked to do something for the business that was counter to your morals/ethics?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – They call and set up an interview for the following day. Interview is mostly informal. They ask about your experience in school and how you would fit in to the company.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to deal with change.   Answer Question

Optimized Operations Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Optimized Operations Supply Chain Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Landed the interview after talking to O2 lead recruiter at my university's career fair. 1st interview was a face-to-face 30 minute behavioral based on campus. Was invited to an onsite 2nd round interview after 2 weeks. The onsite interview was at the St. Paul HQ with managers and peers. The company REALLY focuses on how you can FIT in their culture. Got the offer immediately the day after I flew back. Had a great experience!

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Lawyer
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview with the department head following an online application was relatively easy to schedule and cordial. The interview style was conversational with a number of relevant questions posed concerning the duties and required experience fo rthe role. It also included a good description of the working culture and department goals etc.

Interview Question – There were a number of pointed questions with regard to the particular duties and required expertise of the role. It was important to "know your stuff."   Answer Question

3M Research and Development (PhD) Interview

3M Research and Development (PhD)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Typical on-campus interview. Asking behavior questions. The interviewer is the alumni of our university. In one week I receive a email telling me that I'll be contacted by a recruiting manager. I'm still waiting since then (3 month already.....).

Interview Question – The questions are quite standard. No odd questions.   Answer Question

O2 Interview

O2
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through on-campus recruiting and then I emailed my application (cover letter and resume). immediately I set up a phone interview and then one week later scheduled an on-campus interview. 3M had a travel agent contact me and take care of all of the arrangments. I interviewed with seven other candidates and did group questions and individual interviews (3 rounds for about 30 minutes each). It was a pretty easy morning and not too many difficult questions. The plant tour was a bit dull.

Interview Question – Where do you see youself in 5 years, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ultimately it was not what I was looking for in a career.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews,

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details – Interview process involved one face to face interview for this internship. The interview was largely casual conversations regarding skills and attributes.

Interview Question – Why did you choose science degree with expectation to enter sales field   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M