3M Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
209 interviews

2.7

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruitment and spoke with the company at a career fair. The interview mostly behavioral and the recruiters were not intimidating at all. There is only one round of interviews for the internship position. I would recommend going to an informational session on the company if it is offered because then you really get a feel for how excited the employees are about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things we may look for when considering whether or not to acquire a company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

I went to a career fair at my university where I handed in my resume. I got a call back on the same day. The interview was on campus and stress free. There wasn't any technical questions so it was mostly behavior questions. The recruiter was very kind which made the interview process easier.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. We went through my resume and then the recruiter just asked about leadership roles and where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question

Tech Aide Interview

It is a pretty easy interview process. Just show up and answer some questions about your experience and your future goals with your education. They generally show you around the lab and tell you what they do to see if it is a good fit. It is not too bad,

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in August 2013.

One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

MBA Internship - FINANCE Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

I had one interview. The interview was mostly behavioral, I had a mini case and this random questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, but it was intense.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in December 2011.

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions such as process oriented, some technical   Answer Question

Got anoter offer with a company

Production Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menomonie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at 3M in January 2013.

The whole interview was behavioral interview questions. Have as many example of situations where there was an issue, you handled it, and there was a positive outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Look up the top 20 behavioral interview questions and practice those.   Answer Question
    None. Its all stardard based on position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2010.

recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at 3M.

Sorry years ago some of us got luck we got hired on the spot and we went through a week of training.

Interview Questions
    I don't remember just glad to have been hired.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Phone interview, then video conference presentation to the team, follow by on-site day long visit and tour, and one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager asked if I'd be willing to take his managerial role and lead the team,   View Answer

Received a better offer at another place