3M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.7

Senior Research Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Received opening info from an alumnus. Sent my resume. 3 rounds of interview. One over phone, two over Skype.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

I have no details on this as we were aquired

Analyst Interview

basic coding questions and soft skill questions, focus on not only the results, but how you try to solve the problem and thinking behind. Tired.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

I applied for a Senior Paralegal position and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my experience and knowledge and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the call. I interviewed with 8 people over 3 hours. It was not a difficult interview, but it was a very long process. I was told I would hear back from someone "soon". I thought it went very well and I sent my thank you notes. Three weeks later I finally got a generic "thanks, but no thanks" email. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Got called through a third party consulting firm for an initial screening call. Interview went well and then called me for in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straightforward from my resume. There were three interviewers and everyone was polite and friendly.   Answer Question
    Since I came in through a third party consulting firm, i would recommend to negotiate everything during the phone screening.

MBA Internship - FINANCE Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

I had one interview. The interview was mostly behavioral, I had a mini case and this random questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, but it was intense.

Finance MBA Internship Interview

Career Fair. Pre-screening interview and a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Long Interview. The usual behavioral questions and mini case.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at 3M.

The interview process was very detailed and professional. It was frustrating applying online because you have no idea who is getting your email or if they even look at your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous manager say is your weakest attribute.   Answer Question

Designated Sales Representative (DSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at 3M.

The process started with a phone interview and a questionaire. If you can get to the in person interview, you are likely 50% or better. My interview was with 4 people and they are basically looking for competence. If you appear competent and have the credentials... Congratulations.

In order to get this job, you must be open to relocating anywhere THEY want to send you.

Interview Questions
    • I was thrown $$$ figures without an actual offer as an ice breaker in an interview. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it took away much of my negotiation capacity.   Answer Question