3M

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.7

Designated Sales Representative (DSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

The process started with a phone interview and a questionaire. If you can get to the in person interview, you are likely 50% or better. My interview was with 4 people and they are basically looking for competence. If you appear competent and have the credentials... Congratulations.

In order to get this job, you must be open to relocating anywhere THEY want to send you.

Interview Questions
    • I was thrown $$$ figures without an actual offer as an ice breaker in an interview. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it took away much of my negotiation capacity.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

The interview process was professional but still friendly. I was taken to the on site Walmart showroom and asked a variety of experience based questions. They were thorough with my resume and were interested to learn. In the end they went with a candidate with more experience but I am thankful for the interview process. I feel like I gained a lot.

Optimized Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

Applied online and received a phone call within a week.

Over the phone interview, then on-sight at the plant. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions.

On-sight was two sections. One: a panel of about 5-6 hiring managers, following a format of standard questions. Two: a panel of senior level engineers, following a format of standard questions.

The decision was made witin two days of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to handle change management. How did you go about it? How did others affected by your decision respond?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but know others who did and succeeded. They are open to negatiations.

Technical Aide - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I waited around 2 months after submission of my resume into the online system at 3M to get my first initial phone call from 3M HR. The HR call was basically a screening call to verify your qualifications for the job and make sure that you would have enough availability for the position (this was a part-time internship position). After that I was invited to the 3M campus where I met with 2 scientists for 45 min each who would each be selecting a applicant to work in their labs. Last, I had a meeting with the hiring manager who explained more about the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic interview questions. Why are you interested in this position? How would this work relate to your background? No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - paid part-time internship

ACS Event/Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online – interviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Got interview call at ACS event. Interviewed for 45 min. General resume related questions asked. Person was nice and very enthusiastic about your research. Asked many questions based on my resume. At the end, He stated that they are not interviewing for specific positions now but in future some openings will come.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Phone interview, then video conference presentation to the team, follow by on-site day long visit and tour, and one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager asked if I'd be willing to take his managerial role and lead the team,   View Answer

Received a better offer at another place

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M.

PhD level internship. Received phone call from team leader, talking about my resume and PhD project. Second phone interview was several days later, interviewed by the team leader and senior scientist. Asking for details about my PhD project.

Technical Aide Interview

Interviewed by four different people from the lab. Mostly behavioral, but some technical. One wanted to give me an excel test but he did not have it available.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me in full detail an experiment you did in one of your labs in school   Answer Question

MBA Integrated Marketing Development Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

On-campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge that marketers nowadays face?   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2013.

Contacted by the head of the EMM division for open position. Had 3 telephone interviews. Then met person to person with Sales Mgr. Interview last about 2 hours. Mgr was very interested in hiring young workers. Then met with Division Mgr about 2 wks later. This mgr just wanted to talk about generalities. Said it was down to 3 people. They went with a much younger person for the position.