3M

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.7

Technical Aide - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I waited around 2 months after submission of my resume into the online system at 3M to get my first initial phone call from 3M HR. The HR call was basically a screening call to verify your qualifications for the job and make sure that you would have enough availability for the position (this was a part-time internship position). After that I was invited to the 3M campus where I met with 2 scientists for 45 min each who would each be selecting a applicant to work in their labs. Last, I had a meeting with the hiring manager who explained more about the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic interview questions. Why are you interested in this position? How would this work relate to your background? No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - paid part-time internship

ACS Event/Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online – interviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Got interview call at ACS event. Interviewed for 45 min. General resume related questions asked. Person was nice and very enthusiastic about your research. Asked many questions based on my resume. At the end, He stated that they are not interviewing for specific positions now but in future some openings will come.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Phone interview, then video conference presentation to the team, follow by on-site day long visit and tour, and one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager asked if I'd be willing to take his managerial role and lead the team,   View Answer

Received a better offer at another place

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M.

PhD level internship. Received phone call from team leader, talking about my resume and PhD project. Second phone interview was several days later, interviewed by the team leader and senior scientist. Asking for details about my PhD project.

Technical Aide Interview

Interviewed by four different people from the lab. Mostly behavioral, but some technical. One wanted to give me an excel test but he did not have it available.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me in full detail an experiment you did in one of your labs in school   Answer Question

MBA Integrated Marketing Development Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

On-campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge that marketers nowadays face?   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2013.

Contacted by the head of the EMM division for open position. Had 3 telephone interviews. Then met person to person with Sales Mgr. Interview last about 2 hours. Mgr was very interested in hiring young workers. Then met with Division Mgr about 2 wks later. This mgr just wanted to talk about generalities. Said it was down to 3 people. They went with a much younger person for the position.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

I had one interview through my University. It was not a structured interview as I had practised so many times before. It was like an informal conversation.

None

Production Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI

I applied online – interviewed at 3M in January 2013.

The whole interview was behavioral interview questions. Have as many example of situations where there was an issue, you handled it, and there was a positive outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Look up the top 20 behavioral interview questions and practice those.   Answer Question
    None. Its all stardard based on position.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M in January 2013.

The supervisors i interviewed with were extremely friendly,professional and made me feel very welcome,the questions were mostly safety orientated because that is 3M's biggest concern,how safe an employee is ...then they moved on to talk about production and about holding the non-productive employees accountable and also about your personal integrityat work,the culture seems very employee orientated and woulld be a great place to retire from.

Interview Questions
    • they asked..."what would you do if you encountered a fellow employee who wasnt pulling his/her weight and was doing just enought to get by?"   View Answer
    no negotiation was required on my part for the fact that i had previous experience with the company....but they did call the next day to offer me a higher paying position instead of the one that i got interviewed for.