3M

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I had one interview through my University. It was not a structured interview as I had practised so many times before. It was like an informal conversation.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

O2 Engineer Interview

O2 Engineer
Nevada, MO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I first met with 3M through the career fair at my University. I was then given an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted of interviewing with two engineers from the Nevada, MO, plant. Approximately 4 weeks later I set up a plant interview. The plant interview consisted of two interviews. One, was with the plant manager, HR, and the hiring manager. The second interview was with an engineer who works at the plant. A week after the plant interview I received a phone call giving an update to the hiring process.

Interview Question – The interview questions were the basic situation interview questions when I was being interviewed by the plant manager. When I was being interview by the engineer, the questions were more general in nature.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met them on campus for a screening interview. The interview was a 30 minute conversation about what I had accomplished professional thus far.

Interview Question – Describe your internship experience.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I applied online and several (7 months) later I received a call asking if I was still interested in the internship. Of course I was, so then I scheduled a phone interview with the supervisor. A few days later I was offered the internship. I absolutely loved my internship assignment.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you did not meet a deadline   Answer Question

Man Interview

Man
Menomonie, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for a job online through the 3M website
A few weeks later was contacted and did a phone interview with corporate HR
Set up a second call with the manager of the position and did a 30 min phone interview
Followed by a half day of Interviews with two groups of 3 interviews firing questions

Interview Question – Just be ready with real world examples of how you saved money and successes you have had doing projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was fair, I didn't even negotiate

Finance/Accounting Inter Interview

Finance/Accounting Inter
Bloomington, IN

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Since 66% of our business is done outside of the United States, what happens to our income statement when the US Dollar appreciates value?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the Summer Intern position in 3M this past Spring. I am mainly interested in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. They have a lab which works in this area. I was called for a phone interview.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal. There were two people interviewing. They asked just about what was there in the resume. The interview lasted for about 25minutes. They said I can expect a reply in the week after the interview. Never heard from them again.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Maintenance Mechanic
Northridge, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for the interview, came in and performed the interview, next I was scheduled for testing.
The next thing was a drug test, then a phyical, then orientation. I personally found the interview process to be very linear, and easy to boot.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you failed at an asigned task.   Answer Question
  • Name an instance when you could have utilized a resource but solved the problem on your own   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

O2 Program - Supply Chain Interview

O2 Program - Supply Chain
Prairie du Chien, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview a few months after applying online which consisted mainly of behavioral questions and why I'd like that jobs. I was called a month later for an on-site interview - all expenses paid by 3M. They invited all of the candidates together, which is a bit unnerving. They had a rotated schedule between meeting with the bosses of the department, the hiring managers, and a tour of the facility. The people were all very nice, and you can tell that they very much instill the values of 3M.

Interview Question – Tell me about experiences you've had working in a team.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in February 2012.

Interview Details – Approximately 60 days from application to first contact. All communication prior to site visit was via e-mail. Interviewed with 5 people over 4 1/2 hours. Was told when leaving to expect contact within 2 weeks, but they could work faster if I had a need. After 3 weeks I followed up with HR directly. HR stated that a decisionw as iminent "any day". No contact for another 10 days. Contacted HR when I had a second job offer and was told that I would hear back within 48 hours. It's now April and I haven't heard anything.

The site is a satellite facility and a wholly owned 3M LLC. It's apparent that the people on site have done more with less for a very long time. Everyone seemed willing to "do what it took" to get the job done. The commitment to process excellence was apparent, as was the understanding of the c ustomers served. I left believing this would be a place I really wanted to work - it's a shame the process took so long and expectations could not be clearly communicated.

I heard from another candidate that funding for the position was cut and it was going unfilled for at least three months. Would have been nice to hear that from HR directly.

Interview Question – Describe your knowledge of STCs   Answer Question