3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lawyer Interview

Lawyer
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview with the department head following an online application was relatively easy to schedule and cordial. The interview style was conversational with a number of relevant questions posed concerning the duties and required experience fo rthe role. It also included a good description of the working culture and department goals etc.

Interview Question – There were a number of pointed questions with regard to the particular duties and required expertise of the role. It was important to "know your stuff."   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Senior Research Engineer
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Had a 60 min on-campus interview in September, a 30 min phone interview in October, and a day long on-site interview in November. Whole process took less than 2 months from initial contact to offer. Full day interview consisted of an hour seminar followed by 7 30 min individual interviews, lunch, and a site tour.

Interview Question – If I contacted your current supervisor, what would they say your biggest weakness was?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position that is closer to my family.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process is fast paced and was done through a rapid recruiting event. Potential candidates were interviewed by the interested hiring managers and several senior scientists, other managers and by the Director. One has to also give a highly technical talk which was followed by a Q&A session. Overall, I found the experience to be very pleasant and was made to feel very welcoming.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Networked with internal contacts and monitored website for suitable opportunities. Interview for one position led to informational interview with a hiring manager with a more suitable business area. After a few months, a more appropriate position was posted; applied for that online. Screened by HR rep and then interviewed with hiring manager, director and VP.

Interview Question – Why leaving current position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Structured and fair. Salary ranges for each position are enforced. Paid time off was somewhat negotiable based on years of experience.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I applied online. Interview was pretty informal. I was just introduced to all the members of the lab, and was given a tour of the lab and all the equipment. Probably took a half hour or so total. They just asked very basic questions like the classes you are taking etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in August 2013.

Interview Details – One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in December 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Very detailed questions such as process oriented, some technical   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got anoter offer with a company

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2010.

Interview Details – recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Interview Question – are you willing to give up your personal life?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Maplewood, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then video conference presentation to the team, follow by on-site day long visit and tour, and one on one interviews

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked if I'd be willing to take his managerial role and lead the team,   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer at another place

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, then phone interview, then in person.

Interview Question – Personality flaws.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They offered a reasonable salary with good benefits.