3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

2.6

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 3M in November 2013.

The process is fast paced and was done through a rapid recruiting event. Potential candidates were interviewed by the interested hiring managers and several senior scientists, other managers and by the Director. One has to also give a highly technical talk which was followed by a Q&A session. Overall, I found the experience to be very pleasant and was made to feel very welcoming.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at 3M in November 2013.

I was given the opportunity to meet with representatives from 3M on campus. Initial on campus interview was followed by invitation to a 4-day onsite interview at 3M headquarters. Initial review was discussing research topics followed by some behavioral questions. Onsite visit include giving an 45-minutes presentation on research topic, a whole of one on one interviews, and a lab tour.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you've had to make?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

I applied online. Interview was pretty informal. I was just introduced to all the members of the lab, and was given a tour of the lab and all the equipment. Probably took a half hour or so total. They just asked very basic questions like the classes you are taking etc.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in September 2013.

The interview with the department head following an online application was relatively easy to schedule and cordial. The interview style was conversational with a number of relevant questions posed concerning the duties and required experience fo rthe role. It also included a good description of the working culture and department goals etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of pointed questions with regard to the particular duties and required expertise of the role. It was important to "know your stuff."   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in August 2013.

One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M in June 2013.

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in June 2013.

I applied for a Senior Paralegal position and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my experience and knowledge and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the call. I interviewed with 8 people over 3 hours. It was not a difficult interview, but it was a very long process. I was told I would hear back from someone "soon". I thought it went very well and I sent my thank you notes. Three weeks later I finally got a generic "thanks, but no thanks" email. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Designated Sales Representative (DSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

The process started with a phone interview and a questionaire. If you can get to the in person interview, you are likely 50% or better. My interview was with 4 people and they are basically looking for competence. If you appear competent and have the credentials... Congratulations.

In order to get this job, you must be open to relocating anywhere THEY want to send you.

Interview Questions
    • I was thrown $$$ figures without an actual offer as an ice breaker in an interview. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it took away much of my negotiation capacity.   Answer Question

Optimized Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

Applied online and received a phone call within a week.

Over the phone interview, then on-sight at the plant. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions.

On-sight was two sections. One: a panel of about 5-6 hiring managers, following a format of standard questions. Two: a panel of senior level engineers, following a format of standard questions.

The decision was made witin two days of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to handle change management. How did you go about it? How did others affected by your decision respond?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but know others who did and succeeded. They are open to negatiations.

Technical Aide - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I waited around 2 months after submission of my resume into the online system at 3M to get my first initial phone call from 3M HR. The HR call was basically a screening call to verify your qualifications for the job and make sure that you would have enough availability for the position (this was a part-time internship position). After that I was invited to the 3M campus where I met with 2 scientists for 45 min each who would each be selecting a applicant to work in their labs. Last, I had a meeting with the hiring manager who explained more about the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic interview questions. Why are you interested in this position? How would this work relate to your background? No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - paid part-time internship