3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Saint Paul, MN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M in January 2012.

Interview Details – Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl

Interview Question – Tell me a about time   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Hiring Manager, several of their team members and a couple of peers. Interviews varied in quality from almost hostile (recruiter) to very professional. Didn't appear to have a structured interview approach and one of the interviewers seemed to be using me more to brainstorm some of her current challenges. This was not the experieince I was expecting from such a large well known and successful companyu as 3M and I decided before the interviews were complete that I wasn't interested in joining and I withdrew that day.

Human Resources Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in March 2010.

Interview Question – How would you fit into our culture?   View Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Initial on-campus interview with high ranking manager that was not specific to the lab I was interviewing for.
2. Phone interview with technical lead and manager from the lab I was interviewing for.
3. Invited to 3-day "Rapid Recruiting" on-site visit to give a 1-hour talk and do group and individual interviews.

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars to research any open problem, what would it be?   Answer Question

SBD Internship Interview

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 on-campus interviews. First was 1:1 behavioral and case-based. Cases were more like short-answers than a full blown case interview. Second was a full case and was with two members from the company. Cases were about products at the company and based on marketing mix type questions. Overall it was a pretty fun series of interviews. I kept getting dragged on through the follow-up process and ultimately never heard back from the company. Kind of annoying...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered a barrier and had to overcome it   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Saint Paul, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went in to an on-campus interview. I went to a pre-night where three employees/interviewers gave a presentation on the interview and internship process at 3M. Although the interview wasn't extremely hard, they did ask questions that kept me on my toes. Make sure you are up-to-date on all of the companies operations.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Interview

Saint Paul, MN

The process took 4 days - interviewed at 3M in February 2009.

Interview Details – initial communication - phone
 planning of the interview very organized

R&D Intern Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went to an engineering conference in OH. I presented my resume to a recruiter and was basically offered an internship on the spot. I found this highly unusual so I went ahead and waiting for a phone interview. Surprisingly I got a call back 4 days later to inform me that I would be receiving paperwork to formally accept the offer. In other words, there was no interview

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. They stated that their intern rates were more or less set in stone. I was not sure what to make of this.

Human Resources Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details – I went through two phone interviews for the position, though was never invited in for a face to face interview. The company decided to not move forward with my candidacy because they needed someone with more technical experience than I had. The feedback was given to me in a timely and respectful way.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Interview Details – Straightforward
On-campus
Interviewed for their internship Summer 2011 internship program.
Interviewed with the head manager of a division within 3M as well as a previous sales intern from my school.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to turn a 'no' into a 'yes'?   Answer Question