3M Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Paralegal position and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my experience and knowledge and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the call. I interviewed with 8 people over 3 hours. It was not a difficult interview, but it was a very long process. I was told I would hear back from someone "soon". I thought it went very well and I sent my thank you notes. Three weeks later I finally got a generic "thanks, but no thanks" email. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Designated Sales Representative (DSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The process started with a phone interview and a questionaire. If you can get to the in person interview, you are likely 50% or better. My interview was with 4 people and they are basically looking for competence. If you appear competent and have the credentials... Congratulations.

In order to get this job, you must be open to relocating anywhere THEY want to send you.

Interview Questions

• I was thrown $$$ figures without an actual offer as an ice breaker in an interview. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it took away much of my negotiation capacity.   Answer Question

Optimized Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within a week.

Over the phone interview, then on-sight at the plant. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions.

On-sight was two sections. One: a panel of about 5-6 hiring managers, following a format of standard questions. Two: a panel of senior level engineers, following a format of standard questions.

The decision was made witin two days of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to handle change management. How did you go about it? How did others affected by your decision respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but know others who did and succeeded. They are open to negatiations.

Technical Aide - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN).

Interview

I waited around 2 months after submission of my resume into the online system at 3M to get my first initial phone call from 3M HR. The HR call was basically a screening call to verify your qualifications for the job and make sure that you would have enough availability for the position (this was a part-time internship position). After that I was invited to the 3M campus where I met with 2 scientists for 45 min each who would each be selecting a applicant to work in their labs. Last, I had a meeting with the hiring manager who explained more about the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic interview questions. Why are you interested in this position? How would this work relate to your background? No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - paid part-time internship

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then video conference presentation to the team, follow by on-site day long visit and tour, and one on one interviews

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked if I'd be willing to take his managerial role and lead the team,   1 Answer

Received a better offer at another place

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Be sure to go to your school's career fair and NETWORK!

Show interest in the company in addition to having a strong GPA and solid resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to complete something   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Optimized Operations (O2) Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted via email to set up phone screening/interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour, give or take. It went very well! Flown out to Maplewood for second round interview with another candidate. Consisted of lunch, a tour, and two interviews. Flew back the same day. The two interviews onsite were mainly behavioral. One was with another supply chain analyst and the other was with a supervisor and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was negotiable. I wish I would have negotiated a little harder. I feel they somewhat low-balled me at first. My advice to other candidates would be to not be afraid to go back and forth more than a few times with them. At first, they only gave me less than a week to accept or decline, which was quite ridiculous.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

One phone interview and then asked to go to a in person interview. The in person interview had five people in the interview. They started the interview by explaining more about the job and their work matrix. Questions asked during the interview were situational, be ready to provide the situation, your actions and results.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied after college graduation through the 3M hiring website. About two weeks later the manager emailed me and asked if I was still interested and said she'd like to set up a time to do a phone interview. The phone interview was very short and more just used to schedule a time to set up an in-person interview in St. Paul. I interviewed the same week as the phone interview with the manager and five other analysts in the business group. It was about 2 hours long. Very basic interview questions. Offer letter came the next week. There is room for negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How do you handle stress? How do you manage competing priorities? Do you know how to use a computer?   Answer Question