3M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior Paralegal position and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my experience and knowledge and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the call. I interviewed with 8 people over 3 hours. It was not a difficult interview, but it was a very long process. I was told I would hear back from someone "soon". I thought it went very well and I sent my thank you notes. Three weeks later I finally got a generic "thanks, but no thanks" email. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Interview Question – Why do you enjoy compliance work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed at 3M in November 2012.

Interview Details – Be sure to go to your school's career fair and NETWORK!

Show interest in the company in addition to having a strong GPA and solid resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed to complete something   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Designated Sales Representative (DSR) Interview

Designated Sales Representative (DSR)
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone interview and a questionaire. If you can get to the in person interview, you are likely 50% or better. My interview was with 4 people and they are basically looking for competence. If you appear competent and have the credentials... Congratulations.

In order to get this job, you must be open to relocating anywhere THEY want to send you.

Interview Question – I was thrown $$$ figures without an actual offer as an ice breaker in an interview. I certainly wasn't expecting it and it took away much of my negotiation capacity.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at 3M in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went well, got a position. Now trying to move after 3 years, I have applied to over 50 positions, some lateral, some would be a promotion and even a few lower grade. I have had 2 interviews and the rest have been sorry charlie, keep trying. After 50+, that outragous and unacceptable. It is definately, not what you know, it is WHO you know.

Negotiation Details – Vacation time was the only thing I could negotiate. My salary was 6K less than my last position.

Optimized Operations Engineer Interview

Optimized Operations Engineer
Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call within a week.

Over the phone interview, then on-sight at the plant. The phone interview included behavioral and technical questions.

On-sight was two sections. One: a panel of about 5-6 hiring managers, following a format of standard questions. Two: a panel of senior level engineers, following a format of standard questions.

The decision was made witin two days of the on-site interview.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you had to handle change management. How did you go about it? How did others affected by your decision respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but know others who did and succeeded. They are open to negatiations.

Technical Aide - Intern Interview

Technical Aide - Intern
Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – I waited around 2 months after submission of my resume into the online system at 3M to get my first initial phone call from 3M HR. The HR call was basically a screening call to verify your qualifications for the job and make sure that you would have enough availability for the position (this was a part-time internship position). After that I was invited to the 3M campus where I met with 2 scientists for 45 min each who would each be selecting a applicant to work in their labs. Last, I had a meeting with the hiring manager who explained more about the position.

Interview Question – All questions were basic interview questions. Why are you interested in this position? How would this work relate to your background? No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - paid part-time internship

Optimized Operations (O2) Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Optimized Operations (O2) Supply Chain Analyst
Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted via email to set up phone screening/interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour, give or take. It went very well! Flown out to Maplewood for second round interview with another candidate. Consisted of lunch, a tour, and two interviews. Flew back the same day. The two interviews onsite were mainly behavioral. One was with another supply chain analyst and the other was with a supervisor and HR.

Interview Question – Behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was negotiable. I wish I would have negotiated a little harder. I feel they somewhat low-balled me at first. My advice to other candidates would be to not be afraid to go back and forth more than a few times with them. At first, they only gave me less than a week to accept or decline, which was quite ridiculous.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in September 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then asked to go to a in person interview. The in person interview had five people in the interview. They started the interview by explaining more about the job and their work matrix. Questions asked during the interview were situational, be ready to provide the situation, your actions and results.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 3M in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the Summer Intern position in 3M this past Spring. I am mainly interested in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. They have a lab which works in this area. I was called for a phone interview.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal. There were two people interviewing. They asked just about what was there in the resume. The interview lasted for about 25minutes. They said I can expect a reply in the week after the interview. Never heard from them again.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Saint Paul, MN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M in January 2012.

Interview Details – Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl

Interview Question – Tell me a about time   Answer Question