3M

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Interview Question – None. All were easy and bland.   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details – Hiring process can take up to three months, including apptitude tests. Went through 2 phone interviews and one face-to-face interview before going to the headquarters for interviews with four senior managers. Then I spent a day in the field with one of the top sales reps.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you turned around a difficult customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary lower than i was making stating that the company car was wortha certian amount of money. I was naive enough to accept the lower offer, which I regret to this day. I was too young to know how to negotiate.

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2010.

Interview Details – Four hours of interviews with five people followed by four hours of sales aptitude testing, personality testing, drug testing, and intelligence testing. Part of this is to determine what you are like throughout a full days work, not simply an hour face to face meeting.

Interview Question – Tell me about something you built with your hands?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saint Paul, MN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M in January 2012.

Interview Details – Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl

Interview Question – Tell me a about time   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview Details – I have had two phone interviews, one face-to-fce interview with a Sales Director, and one final presentation interview with the VP and Sales Director.

Interview Questions

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in August 2010.

Interview Details – Straightforward
On-campus
Interviewed for their internship Summer 2011 internship program.
Interviewed with the head manager of a division within 3M as well as a previous sales intern from my school.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to turn a 'no' into a 'yes'?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in February 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews. HR, Area manager, and 2 in person interviews. Had to give a sales presentation and describe several situations that were hard decisions and or difficult ones.

Interview Questions

Hartford, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very casual one on one interview with hiring manager. Lasted two hours. Very informative give and take.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you.   View Answer

Sales Representative

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2011.

Interview Details – Flown out to Minneapolis/St. Paul, interviewed with several people.

Interview Question – Where did you hear about this position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at 3M in February 2009.

Interview Details – 10 weeks.........don't hold your breath.
HR was toughest.
Be willing to further your education.

Interview Question – describe your work week.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer came right to the penny.Pretty simple.

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M Videos

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees and interview candidates.