3M Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Fairly normal process. Was interviewed over phone twice then in person once. Did not receive an offer beyond that. Was disappointed because it seemed like a great company to work for with a great atmosphere and really nice people to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Standard interview process. Met with roughly 4 3M employees. Ranging form Management, to sales trainers. Asked typical interview questions. Have 30/60/90 day plan ready. Dress formal. Be ready for a long day of interviews. They will give you 10-15 mins in between rounds. Bring note pad. It's helpful to take notes.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Hiring process can take up to three months, including apptitude tests. Went through 2 phone interviews and one face-to-face interview before going to the headquarters for interviews with four senior managers. Then I spent a day in the field with one of the top sales reps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you turned around a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a salary lower than i was making stating that the company car was wortha certian amount of money. I was naive enough to accept the lower offer, which I regret to this day. I was too young to know how to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quite honestly a brief strengths and weaknesses assessment. Very basic and general questions that anyone who truly knows themselves can easily come up with. There were questions regarding any obstacles that you had to overcome and how did you overcome them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Situational Questions, tell me about time......., also had to sale a product. Apply online 2weeks later got a call, phone interview, then flown out to st. Paul, interview with 4 different ppl

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

I have had two phone interviews, one face-to-fce interview with a Sales Director, and one final presentation interview with the VP and Sales Director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

4 interviews. HR, Area manager, and 2 in person interviews. Had to give a sales presentation and describe several situations that were hard decisions and or difficult ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Straightforward On-campus Interviewed for their internship Summer 2011 internship program. Interviewed with the head manager of a division within 3M as well as a previous sales intern from my school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to turn a 'no' into a 'yes'?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Four hours of interviews with five people followed by four hours of sales aptitude testing, personality testing, drug testing, and intelligence testing. Part of this is to determine what you are like throughout a full days work, not simply an hour face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you built with your hands?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Hartford, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

Very casual one on one interview with hiring manager. Lasted two hours. Very informative give and take.