3M Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

on campus interview. My interviewer is a phd. He is very gentlemen. He talked a little bit about the culture and experience of 3M. His question is mainly basic behavior questions, like what's your career goal? What's your biggest accomplishment? Went through the resume, and asked details about my intern and projects.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

I sent my resume to an employee through a personal contact, and we setup a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview was around an hour long, and it was generally quite easy. There were questions such as tell me about your greatest strength, greatest weakness, time when you dealt with a conflict on a project, etc. No technical questions beyond do you know C# and that sort of question. I was told they'd let me know something in a week or two. About a month after the phone interview I received an invite for an on-site in St. Paul. The interview lasted about 5 hours. To begin was a 20 minute presentation about my background that was given to the group (about 10 people), and they each asked a few general questions about my background and interests. Then I had 3 interviews 30-45 minute interviews, each with two people. They all asked different types of questions, but not much technical, mostly about background, interests, experiences, etc. They then took me to lunch and gave me a tour. The last interview was a 1:1 with the manager, who asked manager sort of questions (what do you want to do long term, why do you want to work here, that sort of thing). They told me they'd let me know in 4-6 weeks. After about 6 weeks they told me they were unable to hire for some internal reason, which continues to be the case. Overall it was pretty easy. Everyone was nice and there were few difficult or technical questions. Seems like a fairly good environment; not very exciting, but fairly interesting and good people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I interviewed at 3M (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2008.

Interview

4 interview from the Team leader level to HR and 2 higher level managers. Personality and Professorial tests