3M

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2011.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to an employee through a personal contact, and we setup a phone interview within a few days.

The phone interview was around an hour long, and it was generally quite easy. There were questions such as tell me about your greatest strength, greatest weakness, time when you dealt with a conflict on a project, etc. No technical questions beyond do you know C# and that sort of question. I was told they'd let me know something in a week or two.

About a month after the phone interview I received an invite for an on-site in St. Paul. The interview lasted about 5 hours. To begin was a 20 minute presentation about my background that was given to the group (about 10 people), and they each asked a few general questions about my background and interests. Then I had 3 interviews 30-45 minute interviews, each with two people. They all asked different types of questions, but not much technical, mostly about background, interests, experiences, etc. They then took me to lunch and gave me a tour. The last interview was a 1:1 with the manager, who asked manager sort of questions (what do you want to do long term, why do you want to work here, that sort of thing).

They told me they'd let me know in 4-6 weeks. After about 6 weeks they told me they were unable to hire for some internal reason, which continues to be the case.

Overall it was pretty easy. Everyone was nice and there were few difficult or technical questions. Seems like a fairly good environment; not very exciting, but fairly interesting and good people.

Interview Question – Why didn't you go straight to graduate school?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I interviewed at 3M in January 2008.

Interview Details – 4 interview from the Team leader level to HR and 2 higher level managers. Personality and Professorial tests

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M Videos

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees and interview candidates.