3M

Updated Jul 17, 2014

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in June 2014.

I got an email asking if I was still interested in the position and I called as soon as I saw it and set up an interview date. My interview started at 1pm the next day. The guy I will be working under got me from the lobby and right away the interview started. He really didn't ask me any questions but gave me a tour of the machines and I met some people I will be working under too. He told me there was another interview the next day and he'll choose between me and that person. The next day about 4pm he left me a voice mail saying I got the job if I was still interested. I said yes of course. It took forever for the hiring process to complete. I got the job June 26th and I start July 21st.

There was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for 3M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in May 2014.

Applied online, received phone call ~15 minutes of basic experience questions. Onsite interview that lasted about 3 hours mostly showing around/lab walk through followed by session of detailed questions about resume and some hypothetical problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just be ready for some problem solving and know your own resume backwards and forwards. There were some basic social interaction questions as well such as "How do you work with other people when you encounter a disagreement..."   View Answer

Better offer from another company and they took too long. Total process from online submission to offer took ~2 months. Great group of people and great company, it was hard to turn down but money talks. The offer is also contingent upon drug screen and background check to be completed within 72 hours of offer acceptance.

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

I was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview. At the end of this interview I was invited for an interview at the St. Paul campus. The interview was very laid back and friendly. I spoke with the hiring manager one on one for about 30 minutes mainly talking about my interests and strengths. I met for a group interview with about 6 people and presented some of my past work. At the end of the interview I was offered the job after the group had discussed in private.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few detailed questions about the projects I presented (computer code syntax, design choices, etc.)   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase for a tech aide position at 3M. Don't try to negotiate.

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

One interview with the manager who oversaw my work for my duration with the company

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview and hiring process was as basic and informal as can be.
    Research Chemist looked over my resume, and asked several questions regarding my schedule/availability, and knowledge about basic scientific processes.

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in August 2013.

One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Interviewed by four different people from the lab. Mostly behavioral, but some technical. One wanted to give me an excel test but he did not have it available.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me in full detail an experiment you did in one of your labs in school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in June 2011.

The interview process was pretty simple. I applied online, got a call, did a short over the phone interview, and went in for an onsite interview. Most of the onsite interview was them telling me what I'd be doing, what they do, and showing me around the lab. It was fairly stress free. There was one engineer who did ask me a few typical interview behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had an idea and you needed other people to get on board. How did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    This is a part time student for college students (typically engineering/science students,) so there's no negotiation process. It's pretty much all laid out the same for everyone.

quick and easy 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with standard C Programming and / or with embedded technologies?   View Answer

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 3M in June 2010.

Interviewed by four different people from the group I would be working with. Very basic questions were asked. It was mostly about my schedule and thing of that sort. Then, someone showed me around the lab where I would be working. The entire process took about an hour or so.

No negotiation.