4moms Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

Overall, the interview was a interview was friendly, but challenging. The most common question was to describe a time when an idea or solution of mine, in which I was invested, was turned down in favor of another idea/solution.

There were four, thirty minute interviews in total. The first interview was with someone from HR, who gave a tour of the office, went over the job description, benefits, etc., and administered a short IQ test of simple math problems. The second interview was with someone from sales who discussed the culture at 4moms and the "Words [4moms] Lives By." The third interview was with two project leads who asked some engineering questions and discussed problem-solving skills. The last interview was with two engineering managers who dug deep into my engineering portfolio and asked how I arrived at my solutions.

I felt confident leaving the interview, having connected with everyone on the need to be humble and work hard. A week later, one of the engineering managers followed up with a homework assignment to design a few novel mechanisms (within the context of the problem) and have me compare my designs for cost and manufacturability. Given the other engineers I knew who were interviewing, I wasn't confident about my homework answers, but I think I had a good fit within 4moms - I accepted a job offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• As an intern, I did not receive any major technical questions, but my engineering portfolio was thoroughly examined. In that respect, it is sometimes difficult to explain the rationale for designs from a couple years ago.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 4moms.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone after speaking with a representative at a career fair. The interview was fairly standard; asking about my experience, skills and education. Both the career fair rep and the interviewer asked what my hobbies were. What I found most surprising is that the interviewer asked me, and I quote, "so are you okay with $15 an hour?" I just felt that it was not very professional and it caught me off guard. I informed her that that was far less than the pay rate of my last position but I would be willing to work with them on that. I believe that because I said that I did not advance in the interview process.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

I was contacted after submitting resume. Phone interview was arranged within 24 hours. Employee conducting interview was very cool, laid back and detailed about the organization. If you get past teh ohne interviewer you will then come to hq and spedn a half day for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, "why interested?"and a walk through you resume. no canned questions but good specific questions based on your responses. Wasd told I would hear back between 3-5 days.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

Phone screen, Google Hangout group interview, mystery shop & questionnaire followed by a face to face interview. All of those processes went rather quickly, however they left me with zero communication for 2.5 months after. No word on the position. Finally, an automated email was sent saying I did not get the position. Rude, unprofessional and in all around bad taste considering the amount of time spent during the 4 interview phases. I could care less about the job, I'm happy as a stay at home mom, but the position seemed like an engaging part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, it was the ambivalence of all involved that was the most difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 4moms in April 2014.

Interview

Initial I had a brief phone interview covering the standard HR questions. I was then invited down to Pittsburgh for an on-site interview. A wonderlic test is given before any interviews begin. The first interview comes from someone outside of your presumptive department. I next met with two project manager-level engineers, and finally with an engineering manager and the VP of engineering. There was a very simple technical question given in my second interview, and after the interviews I was contacted and given a redesign homework assignment to be completed in a week and submitted for evaluation.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were exceedingly challenging, so I suppose the wonderlic test was the most difficult part. The test itself is not difficult at all but you have to move quickly to ensure you finish within the time limit.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial task was choice of Codility or working on a Ruby Project

Interview consisted of technical, HR, and programming (implement Conway's game of life).

Interview did involve taking Wonderlic (essentially IQ test).

Interview Questions

• Conways game of life implementation may be difficult to do in time frame unless you have solved that problem before.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

A very quick and seamless scheduling process - called to schedule a phone screen, quickly emailed and called back to confirm a half day face-to-face interview. Interviewers appeared to be very open and genuine in their explanation of the company, the culture, the projected growth, etc. The culture seems to be one in which the customers and employees are treated very well. In turn, the employees work hard and continue to be valued - a great cycle!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you recognized a peer or a coworker for a job well done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They generated a fair initial offer. After researching the culture more, I was not going to negotiate anything, as that is extremely important to me.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

I met a recruiter for the company at my schools career fair. About a month later they called me asking for me to interview with them. The interview was at their office. They gave me a tour of the company and a IQ/math SAT test. After wards one of the lead engineers talked to me about my experience and what past interns had done at the company. None of the questions were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Their was a timed IQ/math SAT like test for them to ague our intelligence, None of the questions are very difficult but you do have to go fast to complete the entire thing. Some of the questions were also easy to make mistakes on. I wish that I had practiced taking a timed quick test like that, since I didn't have to do anything like that since I was applying to college.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. The interview essentially was me reviewing my resume with the recruiter. It was fairly simple and there were standard customer-oriented questions/where do you see yourself in 3 years, etc. The phone interview wasn't difficult nor was it exciting. The person on the other end of the phone seemed preoccupied and that put a bad taste in my mouth. I wasn't offered an in-person interview despite my years of experience and product knowledge. Quite honestly, I would have likely declined based on that experience alone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 4moms.

Interview

After two telephone interviews, one from HR the other one from engineer manager, I finally got an on-site interview. It was the same as phone interview: I firstly talked to the HR lady and then the engineer.
    The HR lady asked me some behavioral questions and the let me do a paper test which is extremely easy. However, as a non-citizen, I didn't finish it because I read slowly.
    Then the engineer, who was very nice, came in and we had a good talk. During the talk he asked me a question which was basically high school physics. The question was: If I put a glass of water on a rotating disk, what would happen if the disk rotates faster and faster.
    Finally, I got denied after several days T~T