4moms Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
10 interviews

2.5

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at 4moms.

I was contacted after submitting resume. Phone interview was arranged within 24 hours. Employee conducting interview was very cool, laid back and detailed about the organization. If you get past teh ohne interviewer you will then come to hq and spedn a half day for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, "why interested?"and a walk through you resume. no canned questions but good specific questions based on your responses. Wasd told I would hear back between 3-5 days.   View Answer

Part-timeBrand Ambassador Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at 4moms.

Phone screen, Google Hangout group interview, mystery shop & questionnaire followed by a face to face interview. All of those processes went rather quickly, however they left me with zero communication for 2.5 months after. No word on the position. Finally, an automated email was sent saying I did not get the position. Rude, unprofessional and in all around bad taste considering the amount of time spent during the 4 interview phases. I could care less about the job, I'm happy as a stay at home mom, but the position seemed like an engaging part-time job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, it was the ambivalence of all involved that was the most difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at 4moms in February 2014.

A very quick and seamless scheduling process - called to schedule a phone screen, quickly emailed and called back to confirm a half day face-to-face interview. Interviewers appeared to be very open and genuine in their explanation of the company, the culture, the projected growth, etc. The culture seems to be one in which the customers and employees are treated very well. In turn, the employees work hard and continue to be valued - a great cycle!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you recognized a peer or a coworker for a job well done.   View Answer
    They generated a fair initial offer. After researching the culture more, I was not going to negotiate anything, as that is extremely important to me.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 4moms.

I met a recruiter for the company at my schools career fair. About a month later they called me asking for me to interview with them. The interview was at their office. They gave me a tour of the company and a IQ/math SAT test. After wards one of the lead engineers talked to me about my experience and what past interns had done at the company. None of the questions were very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Their was a timed IQ/math SAT like test for them to ague our intelligence, None of the questions are very difficult but you do have to go fast to complete the entire thing. Some of the questions were also easy to make mistakes on. I wish that I had practiced taking a timed quick test like that, since I didn't have to do anything like that since I was applying to college.   Answer Question

Customer Support Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at 4moms.

The interview process started with a phone interview. The interview essentially was me reviewing my resume with the recruiter. It was fairly simple and there were standard customer-oriented questions/where do you see yourself in 3 years, etc. The phone interview wasn't difficult nor was it exciting. The person on the other end of the phone seemed preoccupied and that put a bad taste in my mouth. I wasn't offered an in-person interview despite my years of experience and product knowledge. Quite honestly, I would have likely declined based on that experience alone.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 4moms.

After two telephone interviews, one from HR the other one from engineer manager, I finally got an on-site interview. It was the same as phone interview: I firstly talked to the HR lady and then the engineer.
    The HR lady asked me some behavioral questions and the let me do a paper test which is extremely easy. However, as a non-citizen, I didn't finish it because I read slowly.
    Then the engineer, who was very nice, came in and we had a good talk. During the talk he asked me a question which was basically high school physics. The question was: If I put a glass of water on a rotating disk, what would happen if the disk rotates faster and faster.
    Finally, I got denied after several days T~T
    Good luck to you guys.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

They didn't reveal the kind of job offering. They were vague in the description of "mechanical engineering" job and did not seem to take questions well.
    For example, when the interviewer asked if i had any questions, i asked if they were planning to be in this particular market for very long ans there would be an eventual saturation. He did not seem to like the question and was blunt from then on...

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I was contacted for an interview by email. They provided me with directions to get there, and where to park. Finding the office was very easy. I showed up about 10 minutes early, was greeted, and asked to wait until the HR contact who scheduled my appointment was available. After about 15-20 minutes, they came to get me, making a snide remark that I was early. Regardless, I was told that I would interview with a principle engineer, then one of the upper-level managers. First, though, I had to complete a timed quiz featuring basic logic questions. After this, I had about 45 min interview with the principle engineer going over by background and credentials. This went very well - I believe that I presented myself well and he seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Following this, I expected to have my second interview of the day, but a different HR member came in and dismissed me. I recieved an email a few days later that I was not being considered any longer. I sent the initial HR contact an email thanking them for their time. I also requested brief feedback on my interview, simply to understand how I wasn't a good fit. I never heard from 4moms again.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Everything was related to my background.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 4moms.

I was called by the HR Manager and asked to come in to interview for a Recruiter role. The HR Mgr neglected to explain that the parking lot is gated/locked and also how to get to their offices (when all doors of the building are locked and there's no reception desk). Some random employee from another company let me in. The HR Mgr met with me for a total of 30 minutes. She yawned excessively during the interview. Became obviously impatient with me at various points of the interview - I guess I wasn't answering her questions the right way? I've been in recruiting and human resources for 15 years. Primarily in start-up environments - in fact, e-commerce start-ups (which is what 4Moms is) and I didn't get the job. I also never heard from this HR Mgr again. I had to reach out to her more than once to get a response telling me that they found someone with better experience. Whatever. Pretty bad impression of this company and if that HR Mgr continues to handle recruiting - they definitely need to hire someone else to do it! It was hard to be scrutinized on my own recruiting ability by someone who is so lousy at it herself.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that the person who interviewed me yawned excessively during the interview...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 4moms in April 2012.

After a college recruiting event got an email from the company. The initial interview was just on past experience and internships and no technical questions were asked. There was also a 50 question I.Q test with 3rd grade math questions, shapes etc. The company also asked for references before hand.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you faced during your project and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for 4moms? Contribute to the Community!