5280 Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

There Are Worst Places to Work But Few Interview

There Are Worst Places to Work But Few
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 5280 Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – Be ready to be interviewed by a panel who may be uncertain of which position you'll actually be filling. The interview process here is semi formalized like most of what we do. AD HOC. If you're lucky enough to get interviewed by someone competent please understand that you most likely won't be working with them but with the underlings.

Interview Question – Depends on your position but be ready for technical and problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The more I talked to employees and former employees the more I relized that my skills would stagnate here and that the company dind't not have a promising long term outlook.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 5280 Solutions.

Interview Details – About 3 phone interviews and one in-person interview. The interview questions were easy and not lengthy. About an hour total. Asked about some OO concepts, my past experiences and a written test of critical thinking.
The HR or recruiter for the company did a good job of following up and communicating with me about the status.

Interview Question – The written test on critical thinking   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 5280 Solutions in August 2012.

Interview Details – Meeting with management and a panel interview with peers.

Interview Question – Business specific questions, which if you are from another sector can be a challenge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A two minute discussion.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 5280 Solutions in February 2010.

Interview Details – Have to get government security clearance since they are an FSA contractor

Interview Question – Asked to write .NET Linq queries during the technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The internal recruiter does a great job of negotiating on behalf of both you are the company, which made for a very smooth transition.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 5280 Solutions in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR and told about the job and asked if I'd like to interview for it. I interviewed with the hiring manager for the position. The interview lasted about an hour. I was asked to mainly demonstrate my ability to adapt to change and think critically. I was offered the job an hour later.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated $5/hour increase in my rate. I don't recall how though I did this though.

Worked for 5280 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!