5AM Solutions

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 5AM Solutions.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by the company pretty quickly.I was first contacted by an HR person who was very detailed and informative. Received a written skills and experience questionnaire to complete at home. Technical questions included questions about Java API, Java frameworks they work with, algorithm problems. Some technical questions ask you for your opinion about a certain framework/methodology, advantages/disadvantages etc.

Interview Question – Compare Hibernate to other persistence frameworks available and discuss why it is better or worse.   Answer Question

Requirements Analyst Interview

Requirements Analyst
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 5AM Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call with HR; Phone call with a person in similar job function; in person interviews with technical folks for skills and other folks for personality.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary and educational benefits. It's good to have an existing offer on the table as a bargaining tool.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 5AM Solutions in April 2009.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to my friend who worked for the company, I got a phone call back. The phone screen had a few simple technical questions and went over my professional background. After the phone screen we scheduled a face to face interview and I was emailed a technical test. After submitting my response to the test I had a 2 hour interview. The first hour went over my professional history, during the second hour we dove deeper into the technical side of things. Once that was done I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum size of a file that can be stored as a LOB in mysql? Why? How can you work around that?   Answer Question
  • In a java method if you have one return statement at the end of a try block and another return statement at the end of a finally block which takes precedence? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be shy to ask for more money then you're offered originally, all reasonable proposals will be considered.

Worked for 5AM Solutions? Contribute to the Community!