5W Public Relations Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in March 2015.

It was very pleasant, short and to the point. I had three people interview me in one day. They gave me an overall idea of how the company functions and what I will expect. They had a wide range of clients which is so exciting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in July 2014.

I applied through the company website by emailing the internship coordinator. I then came in for a interview later on during the week. I first interview with the internship coordinator then I interviewed with the executive assistant. She told me I would be contacted by the internship program manager in a few weeks and I was.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in May 2014.

The HR coordinator reached out to me after i applied for a secretary position about the AC position after seeing several internships on my resume. I emailed her several times over the course of a week before i finally heard back. When I met with her in person, the interview went smoothly and she seemed to like me. When asked about salary I said my understanding was $35k was a starting salary in PR. She then quickly had me meet with an AE, he was very nice. I came back in a bit later to meet with a VP. All three interviews were laid back, simply asked what kind of accounts i had previously worked on and my knowledge of the industry. They offered me a $32k starting salary, when i asked for more, they offered me $35. I declined for a hire-paying position and they asked if they could offer me more money-- they tried to get away with murder by offering the $32k off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • What types of clients have you worked with in the past and how did you go about gaining coverage for them in the media   Answer Question

Not enough money, while they did offer to pay more it was almost insulting how little they offered initially

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Apply on their website and the interview was very lighthearted

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 5W Public Relations.

HR point of contact was very nice and respectful. The interview process was thorough and quick.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Recruiter was super nice and helpful. However, I came in there to meet with a few team members and the one VP of the department was so busy he couldn't accommodate five minutes out of her day to briefly chat. She kept getting called into the CEO's office, which is understandable but come on.

Interview Questions

Not the kind of work environment I was expecting. Expected to do a lot of cold-calls.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 5W Public Relations.

The morning after I submitted my application I was contacted by 5W to schedule an interview. The interview process itself was very relaxed and informal. I wasn't thrown any curve-ball question. I was asked to simply present my resume and explain anything important about myself that wasn't already listed on it. I was asked why I wanted to work for 5W and what I hoped to gain out of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected or unreasonable questions. All of the questions were predictable.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in April 2013.

I was contacted through email about my resume that I had submitted. I flew from Florida to interview and had a second phone interview a few weeks later. Within a few weeks, I was presented the opportunity to intern with 5W for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • With previous internships, how could that experience be helpful at 5W?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in April 2013.

I was given the opportunity to come in for an interview and had a great experience. They asked great questions about myself, as well as, the experiences I have had so far. They explained the role I would be having as an intern and had me meet with the internship coordinator for my department. It went very smoothly and I felt extremely comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things you have learned in class that you can bring to this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 5W Public Relations in March 2013.

The interview process was very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a leadership experience where you have managed a conflict.   Answer Question