5W Public Relations

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Interview Details – Apply on their website and the interview was very lighthearted

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in October 2012.

Interview Details – Emailed HR and had an email back within 48 hours. Went in for two interviews - first with HR and SVP, second with two AVPs.

Interview Question – Nothing was offensive or unexpected -- they challenged me without making me feel uncomfortable!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional $10,00 to my salary with 2-3 back and forths.

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Interview Details – HR point of contact was very nice and respectful. The interview process was thorough and quick.

Interview Question – None, all the questions were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Interview Details – Recruiter was super nice and helpful. However, I came in there to meet with a few team members and the one VP of the department was so busy he couldn't accommodate five minutes out of her day to briefly chat. She kept getting called into the CEO's office, which is understandable but come on.

Interview Question – How are you an authority figure to a CEO?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the kind of work environment I was expecting. Expected to do a lot of cold-calls.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very professional and accommodating.

Interview Question – Explain a leadership experience where you have managed a conflict.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in March 2013.

Interview Details – Series of 2 interviews, or one interview with 2 different people interviewing you

Interview Question – Whats the most unethical thing you've ever done?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i accepted the internship, no negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email about my resume that I had submitted. I flew from Florida to interview and had a second phone interview a few weeks later. Within a few weeks, I was presented the opportunity to intern with 5W for the summer.

Interview Question – With previous internships, how could that experience be helpful at 5W?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 5W Public Relations.

Interview Details – The morning after I submitted my application I was contacted by 5W to schedule an interview. The interview process itself was very relaxed and informal. I wasn't thrown any curve-ball question. I was asked to simply present my resume and explain anything important about myself that wasn't already listed on it. I was asked why I wanted to work for 5W and what I hoped to gain out of the internship.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected or unreasonable questions. All of the questions were predictable.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process began with a call with an in-house recruiter followed by an in-person interview with the recruiter followed by a meeting with a senior executive. The next step is an interview with one of the top people at the company -- possibly the CEO. It's important to be prepared to talk about your PR philosophies and approaches as to what you see as success, and draw out what 5W sees as success, to determine if you are a match for the position and the company culture/philosophies for client servicing.

As to the offices, space is a bit tight and junior people are three to four in a room that would normally be a typical window office. Senior people have their own offices. The offices are quiet and people are focused on their work.

Interview Question – How was your last company able to be profitable?   Answer Question

PR Interview

PR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at 5W Public Relations in April 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email inviting me in to meet a senior employee the next day. She never let me answer any questions was done in 15 minutes and told I'd hear within 5 business days. Still waiting. Never could get a response from the interviewer.

Interview Question – Why Should I hire you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 5W Public Relations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 5W Public Relations interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by 5W Public Relations employees and interview candidates.