7-Eleven

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2014.

I saw a help wanted sign so I walked in and asked how to apply and they handed me a paper application. I took it.home.filled it out and turned it in the following morning. Early that afternoon I got a phone call to set up an interview for the next morning.

Interview Questions
They asked what I felt I deserved, I lowballed and turns out he would have hired me on for more.

Other Interview Reviews for 7-Eleven

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

It was very weird. I met the manager outside his office in the slushie section and we talked about prior experience. Seeing that I had no prior experience, he did not even think about it. He did not even ask for a resume

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

I applied through their website. Passed the initial phone screening, was called in for a interview with a local store manager. I went their and the manager was not even there but the assistant manager took my interview. After that I was called in for another interview at another location. I went and gave that interview and started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      P.S This was back in 2008, they may have changed their method at this time.

Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

I was told to come in 2 days after submitting my application. At the time of the interview my application had been misplaced by staff so I had to fill out a new one. Ordinary questions were asked "Tell me about yourself", "Why should you work here", "Are you available at all times". The interviewer was kind and it seemed like everything went well but I never got a call back. Oh well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Very easy. I walked in and applied and they let me come in the same week to train. They needed someone on the cash and I had the experience with customer service.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2013.

The process was quick, and easy. Applied got a call back within two days, hired two days later and started the following week. The manager I interviewed with was very pleasant and friendly

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any, we basically talked about the job funtion and my previous experience, and my personal experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tierrasanta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tierrasanta, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven in October 2012.

One interview, if you can call it that. No application, I walked in and asked if they did paper or online applications. The manager wrote down my name and the manager just asked me where I've worked before, then hired me within the hour...

None...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2011.

Completed application based on online ad. Called for interview; simple quesitons about background expereince. Focuesed on my availabity to work. I was not really interested in late nights. Probably why I was not called back

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had make an important decision when the boss was not there?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven in April 2010.

Talked with owner show her reference letter signed up next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2010.

Applied as a walk in. Manager was working and was immediately drawn to my friendly, outgoing personality and encouraged me to fill out application while I was in the store. Once I finished I gave to him and received a call the very next day. I came in for interview which was very basic and was offered the job. I accepted the position and went to training the following week. Overall I'd say it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the questions I was asked were directed towards shoplifters and how I would handle. Another question was what would I do if a good friend of mine asked me if she could come in and get a few things w/ out paying.   View Answer
    I wasn't really experience in negotiating at the time and was offered a tad above minimum wage so to me that was outstanding!