7-Eleven

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied as a walk in. Manager was working and was immediately drawn to my friendly, outgoing personality and encouraged me to fill out application while I was in the store. Once I finished I gave to him and received a call the very next day. I came in for interview which was very basic and was offered the job. I accepted the position and went to training the following week. Overall I'd say it was a very smooth process.

Interview Question – The majority of the questions I was asked were directed towards shoplifters and how I would handle. Another question was what would I do if a good friend of mine asked me if she could come in and get a few things w/ out paying.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really experience in negotiating at the time and was offered a tad above minimum wage so to me that was outstanding!

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was told to come in 2 days after submitting my application. At the time of the interview my application had been misplaced by staff so I had to fill out a new one. Ordinary questions were asked "Tell me about yourself", "Why should you work here", "Are you available at all times". The interviewer was kind and it seemed like everything went well but I never got a call back. Oh well.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process was quick, and easy. Applied got a call back within two days, hired two days later and started the following week. The manager I interviewed with was very pleasant and friendly

Interview Question – There wasn't any, we basically talked about the job funtion and my previous experience, and my personal experiences   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – I applied through their website. Passed the initial phone screening, was called in for a interview with a local store manager. I went their and the manager was not even there but the assistant manager took my interview. After that I was called in for another interview at another location. I went and gave that interview and started working the next day.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult customer?
P.S This was back in 2008, they may have changed their method at this time.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – Very easy. I walked in and applied and they let me come in the same week to train. They needed someone on the cash and I had the experience with customer service.

Tierrasanta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven in October 2012.

Interview Details – One interview, if you can call it that. No application, I walked in and asked if they did paper or online applications. The manager wrote down my name and the manager just asked me where I've worked before, then hired me within the hour...

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None...

Pompano Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2011.

Interview Details – Completed application based on online ad. Called for interview; simple quesitons about background expereince. Focuesed on my availabity to work. I was not really interested in late nights. Probably why I was not called back

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had make an important decision when the boss was not there?   View Answer

Los Banos, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven in April 2010.

Interview Details – Talked with owner show her reference letter signed up next day.

Interview Question – Why I should hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Englewood, CO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2009.

Interview Details – Not personal or encouraging

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I can't work for an organization that doesn't respect employees

Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2009.

Interview Details – They were very professional and seemed to be nice people. Make sure that you are very comfortable with the person interviewing you and make sure that your breath doesn't smell bad. I had a female manager interview me so she seemed to be very nice and articulate at the same time.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone were to rob the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You could negotiate the terms of your contract very easily without any convincing. Do not ask a discount during your interview because people in the past have not gotten the job for asking.

Interviews for Top Jobs at 7-Eleven

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 7-Eleven Cashier interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by 7-Eleven employees and interview candidates.