7-Eleven

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed casually, reviewed experience and verbal ability to communicate in English. Asked to start as soon as possible subject to personal documents required.

Interview Question – What will you do if a burglar comes to the door?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you need somebody, I can start anytime. I can start with that kind of salary but like other employees, a raise would be most welcome.

Field Consultant Interview

Field Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2008.

Interview Details – First Interview consisted of a phone interview with an HR Representative who was in Dallas.

This was followed up by a brief in person interview with an HR Representive in Lombard, with an IQ/Intelligence Test following immediately.

A few weeks after that, there was a 1:1 interview with a Market Manager in Schaumburg.

Shortly after that, a job offer followed.

During the training phase, the pay rate was set at an hourly rate.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Easy Interview

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2009.

Interview Details – My second interview the Regional Manager forgot about- I showed up to the office and the place was dark. Called him and he blamed his Outlook for the mix up. Last interview with VP, he was to call me and then didn't bother. Rescheduled through recruiter and blew me off a second time. Unbelievable. I thought that if this is how they manage their time now, it isn't likely to get better.

Interview Questions

• The questions were seriously a joke.   View Answer
  • Again, really easy. Standard test was from middle school.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See above. Totally unprofessional behavior by Regional Manager and VP. Interview process was also a joke. Would have taken it if I had to, but I didn't have to- so I didn't!

Very Easy Interview

Field Consultant Interview

Field Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in April 2009.

Interview Details – Two Phone interviews, background check, one on one interview with market mgr and then ride along. Waiting to negotiate for larger salary. also waiting to contace former employee to get better idea of position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 7-Eleven interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by 7-Eleven employees and interview candidates.