7-Eleven Field Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Interview process took months. Recruiter did an excellent job of keeping me updated on the process. I took issue with the Market Manager. They were very difficult to get a hold of and hardly ever contacted me when they said they would. The half day ride along went great. My recruiter told me that the market manager was going to reach out to me by the end of the week because he wanted to do a follow up interview. That was a month ago. I still have not heard anything from either the recruiter pr market manager. I have moved on to other endeavors. I found this process to be a complete waste of my time and effort.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for 7-Eleven

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

interview process was easy, phone interview, personality assesment, face to face interview with market manager, filled out new hire paper work.
    Training was not a pleasant experience, although the process has changed over the years and is much better now

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at 7-Eleven in March 2015.

Interview

i have had 3 phone interviews so far and still waiting as i was told the hr person will let me know if we will be moving forward
    The recruiter was very matter of fact and felt as if the questions were negative in nature

Interview Questions

did not decline still going through process

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Series of interviews. Recruiter, Market Manager, Zone Leader, half day ride along with a current Field Consultant. There was a panel interview with the Zone Leader and head of Human Resources.

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Good communication with HR people and set up the appointment and kept me current. The most difficult was scheduling a time with my future boss due to their availability. The job sold itself with flexibility and asking the questions to the future boss. His boss can be intimidating during the interview process as well as evaluation/training.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Lombard, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The process took over 6 weeks. I was called by an HR recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The next day I had my interview and I was emailed a link to an assessment questionair and an application which I completed. 2 weeks later I interviewed with an HR in Lombard and 2 weeks later I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 market managers. I must say that Tyrone, Adam and the Market managers were very pleasent and profossional. Just under 2 weeks of my interview with The Market manager I was informed that I was advancing to the next step which was a ride a long with a FC. She was great. I waited almost 2 weeks for a word on the next step. The leadership opted for another candidate. I really wanted and still want that job because I thought it was challanging and would have allowed me to continue with my career. No hard feelings. You win some and you lose some. Hope they will call me one day (soon hopefully) with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward. Dealing with franchisees   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview followed by personality test via email. After passing the personality test, you have a face to face meeting with a "Market Manager". Despite your extraordinary background, terrific record of success, passing the personality test, and having an exemplary interview, the main deciding factor in being hired is the timed "skills test", in the presence of the Market Manager. If you have used a computer for just many basic computations, that can be determined very quickly via a calculator, you will not be able to use one.during the timed test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Phone interview and 1 on 1 interview will be a great
      experience.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2012.

Interview

I completed the online app on the 7-Eleven website and the following day received an email from a recruiter. He set up an interview with him over the phone a couple days later. After a short 15 minute phone interview with him, they had me take a short, 35 question online personality test. I passed that and he set an interview with me and two market managers for the following week. The next day, they moved me along to the next stage, a ride-a-long with a current FC. I spent a half day with her, during which time I had to take a short math/personality test which consisted of approximately 25 questions. After my time with the FC, I was moved along to the final steps, which were two nearly identical phone interviews with the zone manager and the HR manager on two different days the following week.

In general, it was a fairly simple interview process. However, it was completely drawn out. Most of the interviews were identical to one another; you would think the zone managers would trust their market managers' feedback versus spending more time asking the same questions over and over. This type of interview often leads me to believe the culture of the corporation could be exceptionally micromanaging and controlling, and that typically is not a good fit for my personality.

In the end, the recruiter called me and said they were offering the position to the other person who made it to the final stages, but they were interested in keeping me on deck for a position when it opens. I agreed to continue staying in the running, but I'm not 100% sure I would accept the position if offered. It really seems to be a lot of work, but if the paycheck is there, it could be worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a disgruntled customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, rate how you feel you would fit with 7-Eleven and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Alexandria, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contact you and setup an interview with your manager. They did not inform you that you will be taking a computer test right after the interview. I was told by the market manager on the day of the interview. They would not hire you unless you pass the test. They scheduled second interview with Zone Leader after you passed the test and the interview with the market manager. They will be notify you by email or by phone if you are hire or not. You need to complete an employment application and background check before hire. You will expect an email from them on where and when your job training will start (COOL). I did not heard from them for over 3 weeks and I have to follow up with them to remind them on my job offer letter and training information. I've never work for a company that the new hired have to do all the follow ups with their new company. I still have not receive my job offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Have you work with Franchisee before? If yes, can you describe your experience?   1 Answer
    • Since most of our stores are Franchise, how would you work with the Franchisee if you have no control of their daily operation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Kent, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

very well done... make sure you have a cup of 7-11 coffee with you