7-Eleven Field Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2010.

very well done... make sure you have a cup of 7-11 coffee with you

Other Interview Reviews for 7-Eleven

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2009.

3 interviews, one recruiter screening interview, one with direct supervisor, then another with a panel of two supervisors and one human resources manager. During the application process I took a personality test. After the initial screening interview I took an IQ type test asking multiple questions that helps rate your mathematical, problem solving skills. Then I had a one on one interview with a supervisor, went well and seemed to be on same page. Then followed the panel interview asking a variety of different questions relating to merchandising, retail management, people management and conflict skills. Process went smoothly

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you dealt with conflict between two employees, what was the result?
      Most of the questions were as expected.
        Answer Question
    non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

The process took over 6 weeks. I was called by an HR recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The next day I had my interview and I was emailed a link to an assessment questionair and an application which I completed. 2 weeks later I interviewed with an HR in Lombard and 2 weeks later I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 market managers. I must say that Tyrone, Adam and the Market managers were very pleasent and profossional. Just under 2 weeks of my interview with The Market manager I was informed that I was advancing to the next step which was a ride a long with a FC. She was great. I waited almost 2 weeks for a word on the next step. The leadership opted for another candidate. I really wanted and still want that job because I thought it was challanging and would have allowed me to continue with my career. No hard feelings. You win some and you lose some. Hope they will call me one day (soon hopefully) with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward. Dealing with franchisees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Phone interview followed by personality test via email. After passing the personality test, you have a face to face meeting with a "Market Manager". Despite your extraordinary background, terrific record of success, passing the personality test, and having an exemplary interview, the main deciding factor in being hired is the timed "skills test", in the presence of the Market Manager. If you have used a computer for just many basic computations, that can be determined very quickly via a calculator, you will not be able to use one.during the timed test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Phone interview and 1 on 1 interview will be a great
      experience.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willow Grove, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2008.

Initial phone interview was with a recruiter who seemed like he just wanted to get through the process. He told me more than he asked. Second phone interview was with the Manager I got hired with. I also did a face to face with the Manager and his boss, followed by a HR phone interview. I also did a day-on-the-job ride with a senior consultant. He was probably the smartest person throughout the entire hiring process. Most of what he said was the truth and most helpful in helping me understand what I was getting into

Interview Questions
    There seemed like there was little room to negotiate but I was able to get HR to few in a few more based on prior experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in March 2012.

I completed the online app on the 7-Eleven website and the following day received an email from a recruiter. He set up an interview with him over the phone a couple days later. After a short 15 minute phone interview with him, they had me take a short, 35 question online personality test. I passed that and he set an interview with me and two market managers for the following week. The next day, they moved me along to the next stage, a ride-a-long with a current FC. I spent a half day with her, during which time I had to take a short math/personality test which consisted of approximately 25 questions. After my time with the FC, I was moved along to the final steps, which were two nearly identical phone interviews with the zone manager and the HR manager on two different days the following week.

In general, it was a fairly simple interview process. However, it was completely drawn out. Most of the interviews were identical to one another; you would think the zone managers would trust their market managers' feedback versus spending more time asking the same questions over and over. This type of interview often leads me to believe the culture of the corporation could be exceptionally micromanaging and controlling, and that typically is not a good fit for my personality.

In the end, the recruiter called me and said they were offering the position to the other person who made it to the final stages, but they were interested in keeping me on deck for a position when it opens. I agreed to continue staying in the running, but I'm not 100% sure I would accept the position if offered. It really seems to be a lot of work, but if the paycheck is there, it could be worthwhile.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a disgruntled customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, rate how you feel you would fit with 7-Eleven and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2008.

First Interview consisted of a phone interview with an HR Representative who was in Dallas.

This was followed up by a brief in person interview with an HR Representive in Lombard, with an IQ/Intelligence Test following immediately.

A few weeks after that, there was a 1:1 interview with a Market Manager in Schaumburg.

Shortly after that, a job offer followed.

During the training phase, the pay rate was set at an hourly rate.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in April 2009.

Two Phone interviews, background check, one on one interview with market mgr and then ride along. Waiting to negotiate for larger salary. also waiting to contace former employee to get better idea of position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at 7-Eleven in March 2007.

After applying via the web I was contacted after 2-3 weeks. I was contacted by the HR rep and invited to a panel interview. I was instructed to visit a store and prepare a brief written recommendation of an idea to improve sales in the store. The interview had two stages, both on the same day. First I was interviewed one-on-one by the HR rep. Second by a panel consisting of three managers. The HR interview focused mostly on my resume and background. The panel focused mostly on my recommendation ideas and hypothetical questions involving store issues and how I might deal with them. After the interview I believe I heard back within 1 week or so.

Interview Questions
    • When did you last visit a store? Can you name three things at the store that were not up to your standards?   Answer Question
    • If you found that coffee sales were suddenly down 20% in a store, what would be the possible causes you would look for?   Answer Question
    The starting salary was presented as non-negotiable.

Field Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

I applied for a position out of my area. Interviewed over the phone with three different HR associates over two weeks. Took two online surveys, one about behaviors, the second a mixture of math, logic and behaviors that was observed via Skype. Had a 4th phone interview with a market trainer and got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The only unusual question related to how I would sell a franchisee on the idea of featuring a company sponsored display who was against it.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation but my research indicated my offer was at the top of their pay scale for that position.

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!