7-Eleven

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – I saw the sign for help wanted outside and walked in a was met with both the store manager and one of the owners. They sat me down and asked me about my education and what my goes were.

Interview Question – What do you want out of this job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview in person interview then another interview with a different recruiter. It in all took 2 1/2 weeks to officially get hired with an offer. They sent me my offer letter 48hrs later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They offered me an assistant manager position first. Paying me $14. I stated that's not what I interviewed for. I have a degree and I make more at my current job. They called back the next day and gave me the store manager position.

7-11 Store Manager Interview

7-11 Store Manager
Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – I was hired more than twenty years ago as a part time SA and worked my way up to a manager of a few stores. The Interview was basic about what hours I could work and my past jobs.

Interview Question – Many years ago, No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applies online and got a call back a couple of weeks later. I went in and the manager said that he forgot he had a conference call and wanted me to come back the next day. So I went back and the interview was more like a conversation with him asking about my availability, why I left my previous jobs, customer service and other questions relating to the job. He then proceeds to tell me that he was busy with training and doing other interviews and that he wouldn't have an opening in a month.

Interview Question – None was more like a conversation then anything   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in a application as got a call back three weeks after. Came in for interview that week. It was quick 15 minute one-on-one session in the office of the store. Fairly easy, they tried to make it seem like you would need a lot of experience, but they clearly higher almost anyone.

Interview Question – None, just make your schedule seem as flexible as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2014.

Interview Details – I visited a 7-Eleven booth at a virtual job fair through the Lee Hecht Harrison career service. I didn't actually apply - I just perused the information at their booth. About a week later, I received a phone call from a recruiter asking if I'd be interested in applying. Having nothing to lose, I agreed and we set up a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was definitely just a screening. He asked a lot of questions about my background. He was interested in the volume of revenue I had been responsible for as well as the number of direct reports I was used to having. He asked a few situational questions, most of which would be pretty simple for someone with leadership experience. After the phone interview, he told me immediately that he was going to set me up for a final interview with a Market Manager. He didn't give me vague answers or tell me that I could hear from them in 2-4 weeks. He then sent me an email with an actual application and an aptitude test.

The aptitude test was pretty standard. The typical agree/disagree choices, some simple math and problem solving. It took around 45 minutes to complete and was not timed. I took it the same day as my phone interview.

2 days later, which was yesterday, I had my interview with the Market Manager. It was one of the best interviews I've been a part of. He had my resume printed and had highlighted specific things he wanted to talk about. He had formulated his own questions specifically for me rather than using a generic interview packet, he was courteous and professional, but also kept the interview fun and lighthearted. There were times our discussion would go on a tangent, ending with one of sharing a humorous experience with the other and sharing a laugh. I really felt like my personality and social skills were tested. It wasn't only about having the answers to the questions, it was about effective communication skills and and the ability to interact with someone.

Some of the questions he asked:
How would you describe your management style?
How do you mediate conflict between employees?
How can you use the P&L effectively?
Tell me about the best manager you've ever had? What made them great?

Interview Question – This is probably cliche, but he asked about my greatest strength and my greatest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $45k based on what I read on this site. They counter-offered $47,500 plus bonuses. I graciously accepted.

My interview was on a Friday, he said to expect my formal offer in my email Monday, so I guess it isn't set in stone just yet. But he did offer me a job and salary and I informally accepted.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – It was very weird. I met the manager outside his office in the slushie section and we talked about prior experience. Seeing that I had no prior experience, he did not even think about it. He did not even ask for a resume

Interview Question – Do you have any prior work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at 7-Eleven

Interview Details – Basic questions such as , What are your strengths/weaknesses, why do you feel qualified for this position. I had to call and show up unexpectedly a few times before the manager would even talk to me.

Interview Question – How would you react to someone robbing the store at gunpoint?   View Answer

Field Consultant Interview

Field Consultant
Kent, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2010.

Interview Details – very well done... make sure you have a cup of 7-11 coffee with you

Interview Question – your impression of our stores..   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Union Grove, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot. The store manager at the time needed to fire an employee that never did his job very soon. So when I went in to fill out the application she asked me if I had time to take some tests, I said yes and so the tests began. After I took all the tests she hired me on the spot and told me I could start the next day.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at 7-Eleven

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 7-Eleven interview questions and advice. All 93 interview reviews posted anonymously by 7-Eleven employees and interview candidates.