7-Eleven

Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.3

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

not forthcoming on expected hours, misleading information, salary not given nor benefits, hours were given as one way ended up another without explanation. Very hostile interaction with manager. Several attempts made to understand issues at hand, but was unsuccessful. Manager needs more training in inter-personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • changing schedules without input from employee prior to change   Answer Question

Field Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Series of interviews. Recruiter, Market Manager, Zone Leader, half day ride along with a current Field Consultant. There was a panel interview with the Zone Leader and head of Human Resources.

Field Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Good communication with HR people and set up the appointment and kept me current. The most difficult was scheduling a time with my future boss due to their availability. The job sold itself with flexibility and asking the questions to the future boss. His boss can be intimidating during the interview process as well as evaluation/training.

Store Manager Interview

Testing for business acumen, personality test, and two interviews with the same person. The interview was lengthy but it really just seemed like a nice conversation. The interviewer did talk on her phone the entire time I was taking the math portion of the business test which made it difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
    • None seemed difficult, just questions like 'have you ever been in a position of choosing between right and wrong and what did you do?'   Answer Question
    Stressful and rushed.

Night Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

I walked in expecting to get an application and leave to fill it out at home. They have you fill out the application there and when you're done, you sit and wait to be interviewed by the supervisor on duty. The supervisor will conduct an interview, then pending their judgement you will have a stocking/math test.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember this far back. It has been over five years. I just remember answering general questions about the job. Do I have a car, can I travel.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Applied in-store after dropping off a resume at a neighboring restaurant. Got a call the very next morning for an interview, and was hired that day! The interview just consisted of going over my resume and past experience. There weren't really even any job-related questions, other than regarding my experience with customer service and running a cash register.

Interview Questions
    • If somebody comes in and buys a soda, what would you suggest to them to go with their drink?   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated my wages more because I got started at minimum wage, but later discovered new hires were getting almost a dollar an hour more than me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2014.

I saw a help wanted sign so I walked in and asked how to apply and they handed me a paper application. I took it.home.filled it out and turned it in the following morning. Early that afternoon I got a phone call to set up an interview for the next morning.

Interview Questions
    They asked what I felt I deserved, I lowballed and turns out he would have hired me on for more.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2014.

I applied and turned in my application, interview on the spot. I was excited at first because she went over my app and hired me on the spot BUT then she asked me to start training? What happened to the second interview? What about paperwork or even a uniform/dress code? Nope she didn't tell me anything! I was expected to just come in next day and train? Seemed like she was unprofessional....

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2014.

As I started going through the process of getting hired at 7-Eleven I found the process to be easy and smooth. I had one interview which lasted a few minutes in which they asked me a few questions like availability, time off, and where I worked. I made sure to dress business causal with a nice pair of black slacks and a button down shirt so that probably helped sell it! Now that was for sales associate only! I am sure the process of hiring a manager is much more difficult!

Interview Questions
    Make sure to have an open schedule first or be the person with the right schedule they are looking for.

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 7-Eleven.

applied online phone interview met with D.M week later hired.
    basically if they like you and feel your intelligent than your in a very clannish company everybody is related sleeping with each other etc..

Interview Questions
    • same basic questions "tell me a time......etc   View Answer
    not really