7-Eleven Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was extremely easy, and really laid-back. My interviewer was really nice, and made sure she wanted to get to know me as a person rather than just an employee.

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Series of interviews. Recruiter, Market Manager, Zone Leader, half day ride along with a current Field Consultant. There was a panel interview with the Zone Leader and head of Human Resources.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Interview was easy.. Manager only asked about previous work and we walked around the store while she complained about the employees being lazy and asked if I was willing to kick the store into shape and I got hired on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for 7-Eleven?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was flat out $9 starting for assistant managers.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

not forthcoming on expected hours, misleading information, salary not given nor benefits, hours were given as one way ended up another without explanation. Very hostile interaction with manager. Several attempts made to understand issues at hand, but was unsuccessful. Manager needs more training in inter-personal interactions.

Interview Questions

• changing schedules without input from employee prior to change   Answer Question

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Good communication with HR people and set up the appointment and kept me current. The most difficult was scheduling a time with my future boss due to their availability. The job sold itself with flexibility and asking the questions to the future boss. His boss can be intimidating during the interview process as well as evaluation/training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Well when I was hired I had previously worked there before but it was with a different owner it was only one month so I applied again with a corporate manager he needed people right away I had experience so I basically got hired because of that I filled the paper work out and came back next day.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Testing for business acumen, personality test, and two interviews with the same person. The interview was lengthy but it really just seemed like a nice conversation. The interviewer did talk on her phone the entire time I was taking the math portion of the business test which made it difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• None seemed difficult, just questions like 'have you ever been in a position of choosing between right and wrong and what did you do?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stressful and rushed.

Night Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

I walked in expecting to get an application and leave to fill it out at home. They have you fill out the application there and when you're done, you sit and wait to be interviewed by the supervisor on duty. The supervisor will conduct an interview, then pending their judgement you will have a stocking/math test.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember this far back. It has been over five years. I just remember answering general questions about the job. Do I have a car, can I travel.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Applied in-store after dropping off a resume at a neighboring restaurant. Got a call the very next morning for an interview, and was hired that day! The interview just consisted of going over my resume and past experience. There weren't really even any job-related questions, other than regarding my experience with customer service and running a cash register.

Interview Questions

• If somebody comes in and buys a soda, what would you suggest to them to go with their drink?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have negotiated my wages more because I got started at minimum wage, but later discovered new hires were getting almost a dollar an hour more than me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Bedford, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and turned in my application, interview on the spot. I was excited at first because she went over my app and hired me on the spot BUT then she asked me to start training? What happened to the second interview? What about paperwork or even a uniform/dress code? Nope she didn't tell me anything! I was expected to just come in next day and train? Seemed like she was unprofessional....