7-Eleven

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Didn't really ask any questions. Boss wasn't very organized

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I needed a job badly.

Store Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

HR responded rather quickly to my application. I had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. The expectations were set up front. Typical retail type interview questions.They encourage you to really think about if you want to work in a business that is operated 24/7.

Interview Questions
    • The "what would you do?" type questions were difficult because they are not true representations of your past experience.   Answer Question
    Make sure you define your salary expectations on your application upfront. There is little opportunity to negotiate after the fact.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

I applied through their website. Passed the initial phone screening, was called in for a interview with a local store manager. I went their and the manager was not even there but the assistant manager took my interview. After that I was called in for another interview at another location. I went and gave that interview and started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      P.S This was back in 2008, they may have changed their method at this time.
        Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

long and dreadful, drawn out

offer made was what I was looking for

Field Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

The process took over 6 weeks. I was called by an HR recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The next day I had my interview and I was emailed a link to an assessment questionair and an application which I completed. 2 weeks later I interviewed with an HR in Lombard and 2 weeks later I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 market managers. I must say that Tyrone, Adam and the Market managers were very pleasent and profossional. Just under 2 weeks of my interview with The Market manager I was informed that I was advancing to the next step which was a ride a long with a FC. She was great. I waited almost 2 weeks for a word on the next step. The leadership opted for another candidate. I really wanted and still want that job because I thought it was challanging and would have allowed me to continue with my career. No hard feelings. You win some and you lose some. Hope they will call me one day (soon hopefully) with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward. Dealing with franchisees   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

I applied for a position in Dallas TX about 7 days ago online. When the recruiter received the application we had set up a phone interview over the phone. When the phone interview took place, we discussed managerial competencies, situations, and work experience.

From that step he had set up an interview with the market manager which was about 5 days later. That interview consisted of managerial strengths and competencies also. We discussed a daily life in 7 eleven stores and the training expectations which where broken down by category.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions only come with no experience in the retail world. Every question has it's own answers, because it's happened to all of us as leaders to clerks.   Answer Question
    Get the research of the salary before negotiating. Plus it's all in the experience that a manager or a clerk does have.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

Fairly straight-forward. A set of PM questions, situational dialogue, and a 'fit' conversation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

I was told to come in 2 days after submitting my application. At the time of the interview my application had been misplaced by staff so I had to fill out a new one. Ordinary questions were asked "Tell me about yourself", "Why should you work here", "Are you available at all times". The interviewer was kind and it seemed like everything went well but I never got a call back. Oh well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Very easy. I walked in and applied and they let me come in the same week to train. They needed someone on the cash and I had the experience with customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2013.

Went in to the main branch to apply. Took a basic math test and had an on site interview with human resources.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a mistake you made and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question