7-Eleven Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2014.

Interview

I visited a 7-Eleven booth at a virtual job fair through the Lee Hecht Harrison career service. I didn't actually apply - I just perused the information at their booth. About a week later, I received a phone call from a recruiter asking if I'd be interested in applying. Having nothing to lose, I agreed and we set up a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was definitely just a screening. He asked a lot of questions about my background. He was interested in the volume of revenue I had been responsible for as well as the number of direct reports I was used to having. He asked a few situational questions, most of which would be pretty simple for someone with leadership experience. After the phone interview, he told me immediately that he was going to set me up for a final interview with a Market Manager. He didn't give me vague answers or tell me that I could hear from them in 2-4 weeks. He then sent me an email with an actual application and an aptitude test.

The aptitude test was pretty standard. The typical agree/disagree choices, some simple math and problem solving. It took around 45 minutes to complete and was not timed. I took it the same day as my phone interview.

2 days later, which was yesterday, I had my interview with the Market Manager. It was one of the best interviews I've been a part of. He had my resume printed and had highlighted specific things he wanted to talk about. He had formulated his own questions specifically for me rather than using a generic interview packet, he was courteous and professional, but also kept the interview fun and lighthearted. There were times our discussion would go on a tangent, ending with one of sharing a humorous experience with the other and sharing a laugh. I really felt like my personality and social skills were tested. It wasn't only about having the answers to the questions, it was about effective communication skills and and the ability to interact with someone.

Some of the questions he asked:
    How would you describe your management style?
    How do you mediate conflict between employees?
    How can you use the P&L effectively?
    Tell me about the best manager you've ever had? What made them great?

Interview Questions

• This is probably cliche, but he asked about my greatest strength and my greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $45k based on what I read on this site. They counter-offered $47,500 plus bonuses. I graciously accepted.

My interview was on a Friday, he said to expect my formal offer in my email Monday, so I guess it isn't set in stone just yet. But he did offer me a job and salary and I informally accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Basic questions such as , What are your strengths/weaknesses, why do you feel qualified for this position. I had to call and show up unexpectedly a few times before the manager would even talk to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to someone robbing the store at gunpoint?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Grove, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Union Grove, NC).

Interview

Hired on the spot. The store manager at the time needed to fire an employee that never did his job very soon. So when I went in to fill out the application she asked me if I had time to take some tests, I said yes and so the tests began. After I took all the tests she hired me on the spot and told me I could start the next day.

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in April 2014.

Interview

Just basic questions. Do you have any experience for this job? Why do you want to work here? Tell me something about you? Why should I hire you? Are you a team member?

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you use your communication skills? How do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Great process - very straightforward. Phone screen then in-person interview. Phone follow up with individual director of department.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard. Mostly behavioral with a few mini-case type questions to judge critical thinking, but nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Through the internet

Not a great store to work for. pay is very low and so are hours.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 7-Eleven (North Port, FL).

Interview

I applied on line and got a call pretty quick. Went to the interview and talked with manager and he told me I got the job because of my reference and my age.So I was hired.

Negotiation

I put that I would like $10hr and he told me he would start me out at $9 and I could move up quick to $10hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Didn't really ask any questions. Boss wasn't very organized

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I needed a job badly.

Store Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR responded rather quickly to my application. I had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. The expectations were set up front. Typical retail type interview questions.They encourage you to really think about if you want to work in a business that is operated 24/7.

Interview Questions

• The "what would you do?" type questions were difficult because they are not true representations of your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you define your salary expectations on your application upfront. There is little opportunity to negotiate after the fact.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

I applied through their website. Passed the initial phone screening, was called in for a interview with a local store manager. I went their and the manager was not even there but the assistant manager took my interview. After that I was called in for another interview at another location. I went and gave that interview and started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      P.S This was back in 2008, they may have changed their method at this time.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.